Name to keep an eye out for

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
Miami's looking for more size as usual and always willing to add via transfers. Chris Perry from USF might be one of the guys who could be leaving after USF's coach was fired. USF has yet to hire a coach, but I doubt this amounts to anything. Perry was recruited by Miami during his senior year of high school, but chose the Bulls. He is 6'8 weighing 266 and averaged 8.9 points per game with 5.3 rebounds a game.

Advertisement
Miami's looking for more size as usual and always willing to add via transfers. Chris Perry from USF might be one of the guys who could be leaving after USF's coach was fired. USF has yet to hire a coach, but I doubt this amounts to anything. Perry was recruited by Miami during his senior year of high school, but chose the Bulls. He is 6'8 weighing 266 and averaged 8.9 points per game with 5.3 rebounds a game.

We definitely like him, and he publicly expressed surprise on Twitter that Heath was fired. Heath is a Coach L disciple and we've scrimmaged against them before, so I imagine we'd be somewhere that he'd look if he decides to transfer. I think as a former top 100 player who produced, we'd be willing to consider not taking another 2015 freshman and having him sit out a year, but as far as I know there's nothing to it right now.

6-8, 266.....Reggie Johnson lite?

Believe he is considered to be athletic for his body type, though generally a "below the rim player" who could use the trim down. I also believe he has freakish length - like a 7'3" wingspan - which compensates a bit for his lack of explosiveness.

Spoke to Perry recently and after USF's latest hire he said there's no chance he transfers. It was a small chance obviously, but I figured I'd let you guys know.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back