Name a Recruit

that we are currently targeting who is a non commit that you think will turn out to make the biggest impact, opposed to the higher profile prospects? i.e. Alex Figueroa, Devonte Bond.

Mine would be the next speculated commit Mike Smith. He lines up hand on the ground as a pass rusher but i see him featured more like what the coaches say Bond will play this year. Kid has a very explosive first step and is incredibly quick to the ball. His film also showcases he does well shedding blocks while maintain his assignment.

Thought this was an impressive video showcasing his abilities 1 on 1:
[video=youtube;9WHIyNEDWCg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WHIyNEDWCg[/video]

Advertisement
I think I'm going to have to go ahead and say this thread is about 5-6 months too early. Interesting topic. Just not neccesarily sure what you would consider the impact of Figs and Bond being, since they have yet to play a down of football at The U. And without really knowing who the staff is zeroing in on prospect-wise, it's hard to name off any solid names. That being said, for the sake of conversation, I'd have to go with these as mine:

Jeremiah Clarke
Michael Sawyers
Harold Landry

Also, I know we're not really recruiting him much, but I think Carter Jacobs is severely, severely underrated. My only real concern with him is concussions cuz the fool is a straight head hunter. Would love to watch him fly around in our secondary

I really like the idea of this thread. Just some fun offseason prognosticating to pass the time. I have nothing worthy to add but I'll look forward to reading it.

I'm bias here...but have to go with the offensive weapon....

[video=youtube;3DIGIxFYgR8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DIGIxFYgR8[/video]

Advertisement
Tyler Cook OLB/DE from Cali with legit interest. Great competitor, outstanding speed with the frame to pack on alot of weight. Really think this kid could be a steal.

[video=youtube;y2xpRFxNV9c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2xpRFxNV9c[/video]

Yeah i guess it is a little early for this. These kids are just finishing their Jr year in high school. Hard to gauge how things will play out/who we will and wont pursue. I guess im just getting a little impatient. Im excited for this upcoming class and what it could mean to our program. It seems like we've been talking about this '14 class for a couple years now, time for the staff to make it happen.

Saunders is pretty legit. Im just hoping he doesnt blow up, i could see that being a strong possibility. Looks like hes a pretty good basketball player too. Isnt he waiting for a Texas offer?

Hadnt seen Cook's film until just now in the post above. Wow. Kinda reminds me of Jared Allen. Your right about him filling out his frame though. Once he fills out it looks like he could be scary to line up against.

Yeah i guess it is a little early for this. These kids are just finishing their Jr year in high school. Hard to gauge how things will play out/who we will and wont pursue. I guess im just getting a little impatient. Im excited for this upcoming class and what it could mean to our program. It seems like we've been talking about this '14 class for a couple years now, time for the staff to make it happen.

Saunders is pretty legit. Im just hoping he doesnt blow up, i could see that being a strong possibility. Looks like hes a pretty good basketball player too. Isnt he waiting for a Texas offer?

Hadnt seen Cook's film until just now in the post above. Wow. Kinda reminds me of Jared Allen. Your right about him filling out his frame though. Once he fills out it looks like he could be scary to line up against.

I read somewhere that Cook battled mono the summer befire his junior season and played the year 15 lbs below his usual playing weight. If he can pack on the pounds and keep most of that speed this kid will be a freakin beast

Advertisement
2014 Safety Rashaan Gaulden 6'1" (currently 185lbs)... Originally from SoBe, moved to TN a few years ago. Huge Canes Fan & has told me personally if the Canes offer he'll commit. He's a Deon Bush clone & loves to hit.

http://youtu.be/5r7knv-VZnI

Advertisement
Advertisement
This guy is better than Smith

I'm sure that the fact that he is most likely going to UF doesn't hurt your opinion
seriously? If a kid is better I will say he is better I dont care what school he is going to. I said Valentine is better than Clark. I am not sure he is going to UF it seems like they might be just keeping him warm. What is your opinion who is better Mike Smith or Trent Harris?

Advertisement
Back