Nae’qwan Tomlin

2001canes4L

Recruit
Anyone know if we are in on this guy as a mid season transfer? Would be a huge piece for us. Is eligible immediately. Would love to get him.

mlin averaged 10.4 points per game, 5.9 rebounds, 1.2 assists, 1.0 block and 1.2 steals while shooting 50.0 percent from the floor for Kansas State last season.

Advertisement
Wonder why L believed we were set with what we had in terms of length and strength? Be interesting to hear a candid reply.

Maybe he thought Nwoko and Casey would be more useful than we've seen so far. That's probably a stretch though.

Wonder why L believed we were set with what we had in terms of length and strength? Be interesting to hear a candid reply.

Maybe he thought Nwoko and Casey would be more useful than we've seen so far. That's probably a stretch though.

Bens probably gives up 2 inches to Wong but is as strong or stronger.

Cleveland is physically equal to or better than Miller.

Problem is Cleveland is not banging the boards and defending like Miller did… so our defensive rotations are getting exposed and Omier is having to do too much of the work on the boards alone.

Advertisement

Seems kinda like 2017 football team with Rosier, as a one year bridge you understand and make it work, but then we caught fire and did really well so we tried to ride it out another year and its not the same.. I mentioned it all offseason on here I dont think the defense of hoping Omier doesnt get in foul trouble while being only dependable big man at 6'5 was a good game plan..

We really need to land whatever we can get, if its this kid, lets get it done

L is a character guy. I’d be surprised if we are pursuing him.
Tomlin is going to Memphis, but what does L being a character guy have to do with us pursuing Tomlin? Because it's during the season? I don't get it. If the rules allow it, why not? And if you're insinuating L wouldn't go after Tomlin because of his arrest a few months ago pertaining to a bar fight then you may want to check L's history on that. I won't pretend to know what kind of guy Tomlin is off the court, but do know 2 things; first, on the court he's a talented guy that would've helped this team now. And secondly, in reference to any locker room questions you may have his former coach at Kansas St wanted him back on the team. School president thought otherwise. That's the only reason he was kicked off it.

Advertisement
Tomlin is going to Memphis, but what does L being a character guy have to do with us pursuing Tomlin? Because it's during the season? I don't get it. If the rules allow it, why not? And if you're insinuating L wouldn't go after Tomlin because of his arrest a few months ago pertaining to a bar fight then you may want to check L's history on that. I won't pretend to know what kind of guy Tomlin is off the court, but do know 2 things; first, on the court he's a talented guy that would've helped this team now. And secondly, in reference to any locker room questions you may have his former coach at Kansas St wanted him back on the team. School president thought otherwise. That's the only reason he was kicked off it.

L believes in second chances as long as the kid has the right attitude. He values character to build a cohesive team that embraces the principles that he believes produce success (hard work, listening, sharing, etc).

That’s not stuff that you can - generally - know or not know from one single episode.

Advertisement
Back