My vision for a better College Football World

Advertisement
Split OP top four for four team playoff after championship games.

Also, relegate bottom two and top two teams annually bn top four conferences and other four.

Each big conference has a little conference to relegate with

ACC-AAC
Pac12-Mountain West
SEC-Conference USA
Big10-MAC

I would like to see a system with 4 conferences consisting of 16 teams each. Each conference has two divisions and the winners of each division go to a conference championship. The winners of those games go to the playoff.

Basically it's what everyone wants in an eight team playoff without the at large bids. Plus side of this would be the at large bids wouldn't go to all SEC teams. In my opinion if you can't win your conference you shouldn't have a chance at a national championship.

Advertisement
A major flaw with this whole scheme, is that the PAC 12 is far weaker than the Big 12 at the moment. UT or OU choosing to join that **** show right now would be even dumber than Nebraska moving to the Big Ten.

It's the off-season and you guys are ripping someone for trying to generate a conversation? It's going to be a long 6 months.

Advertisement
Yeah. They really need to get rid of that feature so dumb **** isn’t bumped so often.
I said something in the website suggestions forum, but I don't know how many upvotes it got.

Yeah. They really need to get rid of that feature so dumb **** isn’t bumped so often.
Make sure you get it down here.

Screenshot_20201002-202558_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thank you!!!

Advertisement
1. Creating 8 conferences of 16 teams

ACC - Miami, FSU, GT, Clemson, NC State, UNC, Duke Wake
VT, UVA, Pitt, Syracuse, Louisville, BC, ND, WVU

SEC - USC, UK, UT, Vandy, UGA, FL, Alabama, Auburn
OL Miss, Ms State, LSU, Arkansas, Missouri, TAMU, OU,OSU

BIG - Rutgers, Penn State, Maryland, Ohio State, Michigan, Mich. State, Indiana, Purdue
Northwestern, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas

Pac-16 - Arizona, Arizona State, USC, UCLA, Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor
Stanford, Cal, Utah, Colorado, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State

AAC - ECU, Navy, UCONN, Temple, Marshall, Army, Cincinnati, Memphis
Tulane, Louisiana Tech, Tulsa, Southern Miss, UCF, USF, Houston, SMU

Mountain West - Kansas State, UTEP, UNM, UTSA, Air Force, Colorado State, Wyoming, BYU
Hawaii, Utah State, Boise, UNLV, Nevada, SDSU, SJSU, Fresno State

CUSA/Sun Belt - WKU, MTSU, FIU, FAU, Appy State, UAB, Georgia Southern, Georgia State
Troy, South Alabama, Arkansas State, ULM, ULL, UNT, Texas State, Rice

MAC - Ohio, Buffalo, Kent State, Akron, James Madison, Charlotte, ODU, Liberty
Toledo, Bowling Green, WMU, EMU, CMU, Ball State, Northern Illinois, Miami(OH)

The 3 teams falling out of FBS football is New Mexico State, Coastal Carolina and UMASS

2. Make a 12 team playoff. 8 Champions and then the next 4 highest ranked non conference champions. Next rank the team 1-12 with the top for ranked teams getting first round byes. Then 5-12, 6-11, 7-10, 8-9 all play against each other either at campus sites or neutral sites. These games will be played the weekend after the Heisman ceramony. The winners will play 1-4 with 1 playing the lowest ranked winner and 4 playing the highest ranked winner. These 4 games will be played at BCS bowl sites(Rose, Peach, Orange, Cotton), the week of Christmas. The winners will play semi-final games at the other 2 BCS bowl sites(Orange, Sugar) NYE weekend. The winners will then play for the championship at a Neutral site a week later.
Why do people always need so many teams? Just forget the Cinderella story. If you are #12, I don’t want to see you in the playoffs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back