Drewny1

Redshirt Freshman
Banned
1. Creating 8 conferences of 16 teams

ACC - Miami, FSU, GT, Clemson, NC State, UNC, Duke Wake
VT, UVA, Pitt, Syracuse, Louisville, BC, ND, WVU

SEC - USC, UK, UT, Vandy, UGA, FL, Alabama, Auburn
OL Miss, Ms State, LSU, Arkansas, Missouri, TAMU, OU,OSU

BIG - Rutgers, Penn State, Maryland, Ohio State, Michigan, Mich. State, Indiana, Purdue
Northwestern, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas

Pac-16 - Arizona, Arizona State, USC, UCLA, Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor
Stanford, Cal, Utah, Colorado, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State

AAC - ECU, Navy, UCONN, Temple, Marshall, Army, Cincinnati, Memphis
Tulane, Louisiana Tech, Tulsa, Southern Miss, UCF, USF, Houston, SMU

Mountain West - Kansas State, UTEP, UNM, UTSA, Air Force, Colorado State, Wyoming, BYU
Hawaii, Utah State, Boise, UNLV, Nevada, SDSU, SJSU, Fresno State

CUSA/Sun Belt - WKU, MTSU, FIU, FAU, Appy State, UAB, Georgia Southern, Georgia State
Troy, South Alabama, Arkansas State, ULM, ULL, UNT, Texas State, Rice

MAC - Ohio, Buffalo, Kent State, Akron, James Madison, Charlotte, ODU, Liberty
Toledo, Bowling Green, WMU, EMU, CMU, Ball State, Northern Illinois, Miami(OH)

The 3 teams falling out of FBS football is New Mexico State, Coastal Carolina and UMASS

2. Make a 12 team playoff. 8 Champions and then the next 4 highest ranked non conference champions. Next rank the team 1-12 with the top for ranked teams getting first round byes. Then 5-12, 6-11, 7-10, 8-9 all play against each other either at campus sites or neutral sites. These games will be played the weekend after the Heisman ceramony. The winners will play 1-4 with 1 playing the lowest ranked winner and 4 playing the highest ranked winner. These 4 games will be played at BCS bowl sites(Rose, Peach, Orange, Cotton), the week of Christmas. The winners will play semi-final games at the other 2 BCS bowl sites(Orange, Sugar) NYE weekend. The winners will then play for the championship at a Neutral site a week later.

Last edited:
Advertisement
In no universe should four of those conferences have a guaranteed spot in the playoff, they are absolute trash conferences that will be the non conference door mats for the other 4. The best team in 3 of them would be like the 12th best team in the SEC at best.

Your vision is stupid, close your eyes.

Advertisement
Putting Texas in a conference with the Pacific teams makes no sense. They would go to the SEC with OU if anything, but I am not sure why I am even entertaining this idea. Guess boredom at work?

Advertisement
Imagine thinking a playoff with ECU, Wyoming, Buffalo, and FIU is a good idea. Whew, Couldn't be me.

I remember when Troy walked into LSU and beat the **** out of them. A conference champion should have a shot of a National Championship.

I guess by your token, we should also limit the NCAA basketball tournament to only 4 or 5 conferences.

Advertisement
Pointless.

The best way to do it would be similar to the English soccer leagues that use a hierarchical system where teams can be promoted from G5 conferences and demoted from P5 conferences. This would ensure that lower level teams that consistently outplay their fellow G5 teams get a shot at a real championship while punishing bottom dwellers who collect massive P5 payouts but are basically just punching bags for the rest of their conference. I know it would never happen because the Rutgers' of the world aren't giving up their Big 10 paycheck, even if they don't deserve it.

What's probably more likely is the big boys taking their money and running. Why, exactly do a majority of the P5 teams need the NCAA? They don't. They can dump the NCAA and their fake amateurism and make their own rules. Instead of having 120 something FBS teams, they can cut that in half and eliminate boring cupcake games while they're at it.

Advertisement
Just create a Premier league with 60 teams in 5 conferences.

8 team playoffs with 5 conf winners and 3 top at large teams. ***** the rest of 50 wannabes..

We've relegated the G5 with this new "playoff" system. Now you see schools looking to step down to D1AA with Idaho dropping down and possibly UTEP and NMSU soon.

If the decision would be to create a true relegation system, you would see even more schools drop down or the sport altogether. Educational institutions are not equal to sports franchises. We can keep thinking on it though. There should be a way to make life more interesting for all involved.

Advertisement
Back