My Thoughts/Scouting Reports on the 2014 Signing Class

Great write up. I love this class. It has the crucial elements: strong QB, DTs. Plus oline nasty beasts, and some hitmen at LB and safety. The pass rushers are outstanding. Only one RB, but WHAT a RB. Getting height at WR is very important in today's game. Address our longtime need at DT in very good fashion. And serious completion at QB together with balance and depth everywhere. We did not "have" to have a db this year and that is the only blank. Staff clearly benefited from the fact that this year's SO Fl talent was huge, but who cares, these class is excellent.

Advertisement
I honestly thought I might have been, but I'm been fairly accurate in the past, though I did trust myself a bit more because I have more tape to go off of now than before. For reference this is the star breakdown I've given for the past 5 years.

2014-2/15/9
2013-0/10/6
2012-2/13/18
2011-1/5/10
2010-0/8/17/3

So the precedent for bias hasn't really been there. I am a huge homer though, so it probably escaped with a few players.

Thanks for all the in depth work, dg. Is there any way to look at your past ratings?

I honestly thought I might have been, but I'm been fairly accurate in the past, though I did trust myself a bit more because I have more tape to go off of now than before. For reference this is the star breakdown I've given for the past 5 years.

2014-2/15/9
2013-0/10/6
2012-2/13/18
2011-1/5/10
2010-0/8/17/3

So the precedent for bias hasn't really been there. I am a huge homer though, so it probably escaped with a few players.

Thanks for all the in depth work, dg. Is there any way to look at your past ratings?

http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/48815-A-few-days-later-my-report-on-the-2013-Signing-Class

That's the one from last year, I'll see about putting the older ones together later.

Advertisement
Stellar post OP they throttled my rep back (ghey ****) or I would have repped you.

Can anyone who has seen Langham play live give me an accurate estimate on his 40 time?

Seen him play since ayfl. Good speed for his size, probably 4.6s. He is talented but raw. Will be good once coached up to use his size to separate in his route

Great writeup. I agree with you. This is by far Golden's best recruiting class. I think the most impact is going to be felt on the front 7 of the defense. I think pass rush
is where we will see the most improvement. The upgrade at the safety position along with the returning defensive backs in conjunction with the pass rush will help this defense. Another thing that will help is you don't have to worry about a quarterback constantly turning the ball over and keeping our defense on the field longer than it should be. I am really excited about Williams and specially Kaaya. The future looks bright my fellow Cane Brothers.

GO CANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Back