My thoughts on KenPom

Advertisement
Yeah, so tired of that being thrown in our faces as if we’re supposed to cower before the great Kenpom rating. Canes matched Houston’s intensity and physicality early and then slowly took that game completely over. They sped up Houston and got them completely into a track game, which 100% favored our Canes. Add to that lights out shooting and better defense than we’ll ever truly get credit for and it was a humble pie slowly shoved up the *** of the Coogs and their humble fans. I don’t see hide or heir of any of them after we destroyed them with complete efficiency. Nah, we won’t hear a peep out of those little kitty cats anymore.

Advertisement
It's one of those "predictive" rating services that underrated us all year long.

And formed the basis for all the Miami-hating Miami fans telling us how this team wasn't going very far in the post-season.
I was a huge college hoops fan in the early 90s and really fell out of love with the game for a long time. This team is sucking me back in.

They can beat anyone. They could also lose on Sunday by 30. There are some kids that you love one week and scream at the next (Wong), some that just get **** done (Miller) and one guy - I admit I am a fanboy - that is just a winner that does so much and is underrated no matter how much credit you give him (Norchad). I love watching this team play and I love that they are dogs often in this tournament. **** Tobacco Road and **** these higher seeds. This is a blast to watch.

Attachments

• images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    8 KB · Views: 4
Advertisement
Advertisement
Won ACC regular season, probably won ACC tournament if Omier isn’t hurt in first minute of Duke game, and now in Elite 8.

This has been a top tier team from start to finish.
ACC regular season champs getting a 5 seed. GTFOH. Had it been Puke or the Tar ****** they would have gotten a 1 or 2 seed. Total disrespect. This team is good!!

Advertisement
Just a bunch of numbers for people who can’t differentiate good v mediocre v bad from actually watching the game. People who rely on these metrics have been sold that they can determine which team has what value based on numbers because the tourney committee members watch few games and there are so many games being played. So without the luxury of eyes, our tourney people have had to rely on these algorithms.

But if you can watch and know the game, its not that hard to differentiate.

Advertisement
Back