My thoughts of our program as a whole

I do not usually start threads but its a bye week and not anything else to speak about other than QB.

1) I think CMR has to change his preference when playing experienced guys.

If you look at college football in total most top programs are playing more experienced guys. but if you look at perennial top 5-10 teams they are littered but freshman and sophomore in the starting line up. This could fall back into the hands of player development, but young guys are going to make mistakes but them making big time plays is far better than them sitting on the sideline waiting while a guy who is not bad but also does not change the game for you.

2) Regardless of what we do with the play calling we need coaching changes.

We need Massive changes to the QB & OL Coaches. when you watch games of teams who recently changed OL coaches and you can see massive OL improvements (Without getting All world players) You know it is more than a recruiting issue, i think we have recruited well enough to have a formidable OL. QB coach is simple i dont think either guy we have put on the field is prepared. This could fall back on Play calling simply because getting the ball quickly to players is simply our strength and we have a tendency to call plays like we are the New England Patriots with Tom Brady at times. But if we are going to call plays this way we should get guys in here that can better prepare our guys for this sort of play calling. and Richt doesnt have to fire his son i know we have a position for him where he can stay on the sideline we is just not a Top tier power 5 QB coach, even you could have said the same about James Coley but he wrote his check by player identification and recruiting.

3) We Have still never seen our offense at full strength.

IIRC 2016 was the last year we seen our 11 best players on the field at the same time. Last year we wnet without Walton for the 2nd half of the season, Richards for most of the year, and Herndon for the post season. you take any top 5-10 team and stip away thier BEST 3 players and see if you want question everything about that unit. This year we are missing Richards (who is a player that can turn a 5 yrd slant into a TD. Any team can look all world with players like that.

4) I know this will turn into a CMR play calling thread so i will just make this point.

Before i looked at the stats and they might be slight but our Offense was improved from the 2015 version (could that mean BK just improved as a passer?) yes but also we improved on the running game as well (could this mean Walton was just better than J yearby maybe). I think seeing our Offense the first year with out a Lamer Miller or Duke Johnson really exposed our deficiencies in 2015. we currently do not have those guys at RB (maybe lingard) but truly a guy that can flip the field with his vision AND score when he breaks free too many times we do not get into the endzone when we break long runs.

5) Golden did not correct his mistakes can CMR?

Golden would still be coaching the canes if he divorced his DC. Will CMR go down in history as a placeholder for the right guy or will he make the necessary changes to go down as a Miami legend? only time will tell.

Advertisement
we have a tendency to call plays like we are the New England Patriots

WHAT?! Richt doesn't call plays even remotely similar to how the Pats call plays. If Richt called plays like the Pats, the offense would of scored a lot more than 13 points against Virginia. Are you on lithium right now?

WHAT?! Richt doesn't call plays even remotely similar to how the Pats call plays. If Richt called plays like the Pats, the offense would of scored a lot more than 13 points against Virginia. Are you on lithium right now?

Haha absolutely. We call nothing like the Pats do. We ignore the middle of the field and crossing routes. TE's are thrown bubble screens or Seams in our offense. Nothing about our offense looks like the Pats offense, nothing.

Advertisement
What I don't get is why people call him CMR.... like we're a bunch of redneck hillbillies or something.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back