My Take on the game

supacane

Senior
I called us to lose 31-21. Bama is better coached than us, i felt we had the ability to upset them but wouldn't due to their machine like execution. Nothing i saw last night changed my opinion.

I know we will get into the SEC recruiting and blah blah blah. This game was lost by Lashlee and he is officially on probation for me. Bama secondary could not cover our WRs and our OL actually did a decent job on most of the pass blocking plays. King finished 23-30. That's high level completion percentage. On our 1st drive we were throwing and moving down the field, we got to about the 40, faced 3rd and 6 or 7 and he called a dive play that got stuffed. While you have a 6th year QB and the most experienced OL in the world. That play set the tone for the game. He coached scared, he coached timid. Also why is Cam Harris in the game after getting stuffed, after stuffed?

I said it before the game, whether we gave them a game was not on the defense, these elite teams score alot of points against each other, they will score alot points against us. Our offense gave the team no chance, they gave the defense no chance in this game. You wanna stop Bama from running it, you throw and keep slanging. Then your defense can be a little opportunistic and force a couple turnovers. Bama beat Texas A&M 42-24 last season and the score is closer than the game was. Them scoring high 30s and 40s is something they do. They had the ball for 37 minutes against us. If we were terrible they would have scored 60.

The only thing that pizzed me off about the defense was the tackling and its not a new thing, who is teaching these players to tackling. Small players going up high against huge players? Sr safeties lower their helmets, and biting on short routes while the WR is going deep. Put the FR in at safety.

That Bama secondary will have huge problems when their front 7 don't get home against other coaches who don't coach puzzified. And as of now i think they will have their hands full with Texas A&M in college station. The offensive coaches drop the ball. This game was on Lashlee.

Advertisement
If we were terrible they would’ve scored 60. 🤣🤣 Saban looked across the field and looked at Manny Diaz and Manny Diaz heard Saban in his head saying “you know I could get you fired if I put 60 on you but I won’t.” And this is how manny looked after he heard that.
41835196-D1A0-42BE-B6EE-1E616FE35657.jpeg

I called us to lose 31-21. Bama is better coached than us, i felt we had the ability to upset them but wouldn't due to their machine like execution. Nothing i saw last night changed my opinion.

I know we will get into the SEC recruiting and blah blah blah. This game was lost by Lashlee and he is officially on probation for me. Bama secondary could not cover our WRs and our OL actually did a decent job on most of the pass blocking plays. King finished 23-30. That's high level completion percentage. On our 1st drive we were throwing and moving down the field, we got to about the 40, faced 3rd and 6 or 7 and he called a dive play that got stuffed. While you have a 6th year QB and the most experienced OL in the world. That play set the tone for the game. He coached scared, he coached timid. Also why is Cam Harris in the game after getting stuffed, after stuffed?

I said it before the game, whether we gave them a game was not on the defense, these elite teams score alot of points against each other, they will score alot points against us. Our offense gave the team no chance, they gave the defense no chance in this game. You wanna stop Bama from running it, you throw and keep slanging. Then your defense can be a little opportunistic and force a couple turnovers. Bama beat Texas A&M 42-24 last season and the score is closer than the game was. Them scoring high 30s and 40s is something they do. They had the ball for 37 minutes against us. If we were terrible they would have scored 60.

The only thing that pizzed me off about the defense was the tackling and its not a new thing, who is teaching these players to tackling. Small players going up high against huge players? Sr safeties lower their helmets, and biting on short routes while the WR is going deep. Put the FR in at safety.

That Bama secondary will have huge problems when their front 7 don't get home against other coaches who don't coach puzzified. And as of now i think they will have their hands full with Texas A&M in college station. The offensive coaches drop the ball. This game was on Lashlee.
Dude you're speaking about the positives. Many here won't tolerate that because all they see and think is gloom and doom, which proves just how much they don't know about football. There ARE some positives to take away from this game but they'll have none of it. We won't see a team within miles of that caliber the rest of the season. Cue the swarm in 3,2,1...

Dude you're speaking about the positives. Many here won't tolerate that because all they see and think is gloom and doom, which proves just how much they don't know about football. There ARE some positives to take away from this game but they'll have none of it. We won't see a team within miles of that caliber the rest of the season. Cue the swarm in 3,2,1...
I did not expect us to beat Bama, i wish we lost in a different way. Throwing hay makers. Their defense was there to be had. I don't think we have a bad team as some always jump to. We had a poor gameplan. Lashlee had no excuses why he wasn't testing Bama with crazy looking formations and motion. He needs to step up

Advertisement
I did not expect us to beat Bama, i wish we lost in a different way. Throwing hay makers. Their defense was there to be had. I don't think we have a bad team as some always jump to. We had a poor gameplan. Lashlee had no excuses why he wasn't testing Bama with crazy looking formations and motion. He needs to step up
Supa, I was a huge advocate of Lashlee in the past. Now, I'm with you

Boldfaced the parts that should be shouted. And, I said the same thing about them not being able to cover our receivers unless they held them. I had no idea Lashlee would take an SEC bag and not attack them vertically. Manny as a veteran DC should have stopped Lashlee when he proposed that beta approach when they game planned.

I agree too on King's numbers. He was clearly frustrated after the game.

Also, the more I think about the #1 DT in the nation not getting a single rep the more ****ed I get at Manny. Not sure how that helps us with other 5 star recruits we'd like to land. LT could have gotten snaps inside or outside. Him being able to bank that experience would have been really valuable. Instead, his first reps will be against app state. Beta approach.

Boldfaced the parts that should be shouted. And, I said the same thing about them not being able to cover our receivers unless they held them. I had no idea Lashlee would take an SEC bag and not attack them vertically. Manny as a veteran DC should have stopped Lashlee when he proposed that beta approach when they game planned.

I agree too on King's numbers. He was clearly frustrated after the game.

Also, the more I think about the #1 DT in the nation not getting a single rep the more ****ed I get at Manny. Not sure how that helps us with other 5 star recruits we'd like to land. LT could have gotten snaps inside or outside. Him being able to bank that experience would have been really valuable. Instead, his first reps will be against app state. Beta approach.
Agree, pre game show all the talked is about Bama's front seven being best in the country, and we come out running into that wall. On defense, I remembered our spring game, and receivers running free all over the place. All our quarterbacks looked like All Americans, its amazing how many times second string, and first time starters looked like Joe Montana against us.

Advertisement

Bro you are talking about Bama DL not getting home? Did we watch the same game? Will Anderson is a monster and our OL got their **** pushed in all night. Wtf are you talking about?

Advertisement
Bro you are talking about Bama DL not getting home? Did we watch the same game? Will Anderson is a monster and our OL got their **** pushed in all night. Wtf are you talking about?
No he was talking about Alabama having problems vs other teams that test their secondary if their front 7 doesn't get home.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back