My Take on SOTU

datcaneguy

Senior
Cancers has been an issue since 2004. That’s makes it 15 years. That’s almost four full recruiting classes. It’s not they are cancers it’s that they are players that are coming to Miami for other reasons than upholding the legacy. Lot of these guys want to ride the wave. UM hasn’t been revenant for close to 20 years but still in the top three in producing NFL players.

Some guys think that if they have a decent career at UM I will be drafted. Those the ones that don’t put in the work to be great but just average. Then there’s guys that come to uphold the legacy and be named with some of the greats. I.e Duke Johnson, Bandy, Perryman, Dorsett to name a few. The cancers are those who do not want to be great but ride the wave and hope it ends with them in the NFL.

A look at the team now shows this is obvious. Perry been here two years and all but had the team handed to him yet let’s an incoming freshman beat him out. Why, Jarren wants it more. Pope, Hightower, Wiggins second year coaches go out and bring in Osborn, why? Immaturity and two can’t catch for ****. Irvin and Polendy three years up on Brevin and Mallory and get beat out why? They want more to be great. Quarterman, Shaq, McCloud balled out freshman’s seasons regressed afterwards why? Started reading press clippings of beat lb unit in college football. As the praise got louder the regression increase as much

Too many players on these team just don’t won’t it. They want to be Hurricanes but not Hurricanes. Coaching is average of course but How was Coker as a coach. What he accomplished was because of the team had pride in what they had to uphold. Those guys left and Coker started recruiting wave runners. Eventually bringing the downfall of one of the greatest dynasties in its era. Even to this day their all over the team. Quick way to find them check their social media after the games. See how they hype themselves up not the team themselves.

Folks will be mad but it’s time UM get out of recruiting heavily in SFL. These kids are not made like they use to. What I see from these guys in high school is a mirage of what you see in college when things get tough for them. They quit. When they can’t out athlete their opponent they fold, when you get ahead on them they fold. When things don’t go like they thought it would they fold. See any similarities? Everyone knows a lot of these kids are wave runners which is the last thing UM needs.

Every team cherry picks SFL and focus their attention elsewhere. SFL has a high per capita when D1 players but just as many bust too every school that recruits the area from outside knows that. On the recruiting board list the best in SFL, plan b’s should be best out of state. You land neither focus on the SFL 3*. Stop making them the main focus. IMO it’s the best in SFL, the best out of state then focus back on SFL once every other door is closed. If your not getting the top 10 in SFL or FL your left to choose from more average than good players. For me too much to weed out focus on the best elsewhere

Things that have to stop with both the coaches and players. Hashtags, turnover chain, turnover rings, retire #26 every player that has worn that jersey has done nothing less but disrespect it. Stop trying to be the old Miami or New Miami best the **** best team your talent and coaching allow you to be. We talk a lot about all bark no bite from players but equally can be said for the coaches and media departments .

Advertisement
Iron sharpens iron and at we have very few units where the starter gets pushed and/or there isn't an upper classmen leader that can show the young guys how the work and preparation needs to be put in.

Stop blaming players.

We have a **** administration that has made awful hire after awful hire.

I like Manny a lot (helped get Miami back to playing solid defense), but when he was announced as HC I was disappointed. We had a chance to go out and execute a legit coaching search. We didn’t do any of that. So this is what we get.

20 straight years of bad athletic decisions that all started when Shalala walked into the door and tried to bring Barry Alvarez with her.

Blake James isn’t an AD, so it’s really not his fault that he sucks at it. The BOT, and powers that be, not only allowed this hire to happen, they went right along w Shalala in thinking it was a good idea to bring in a guy w no AD experience.

Stop blaming players.

I like Manny a lot (helped get Miami back to playing solid defense), but when he was announced as HC I was disappointed. We had a chance to go out and execute a legit coaching search. We didn’t do any of that. So this is what we get.

20 straight years of bad athletic decisions that all started when Shalala walked into the door and tried to bring Barry Alvarez with her.

Blake James isn’t an AD, so it’s really not his fault that he sucks at it. The BOT, and powers that be, not only allowed this hire to happen, they went right along w Shalala in thinking it was a good idea to bring in a guy w no AD experience.

These guys are blaming the players, but forget Manny was in charge of getting all these defensive guy.

The disappointing part is even with these bad rosters we always “can” win more games. But we just don’t get it done.

Advertisement
These guys are blaming the players, but forget Manny was in charge of getting all these defensive guy.
The players are fine, we aren’t elite but we are good enough to handle UNC, let’s say that again, fvckin UNC. Also lulz at OP talkin about the wave. Miami has no wave. The kids we are actually getting are die hard, some of them turned down big bags to be here.

The problem here is that our coaches continue to fail them. Whether it’s recruiting gaffs that lead to depth issues or giving inadequate coaching. People are freaking out about Hall being trash, this is the same kid that had Saban landing helicopters at his school. You think Hall would look like trash if he was at Bama? Diaz has been here for years and he already has his players on the defensive side of the call, and let’s talk about that for a second. Majority of the recruiting concerns are on the defensive side of the ball, we are recruiting JAGs left and right there. If we can’t win now, this will only get worse not better.

The players are fine, we aren’t elite but we are good enough to handle UNC, let’s say that again, fvckin UNC. Also lulz at OP talkin about the wave. Miami has no wave. The kids we are actually getting are die hard, some of them turned down big bags to be here.

The problem here is that our coaches continue to fail them. Whether it’s recruiting gaffs that lead to depth issues or giving inadequate coaching. People are freaking out about Hall being trash, this is the same kid that had Saban landing helicopters at his school. You think Hall would look like trash if he was at Bama? Diaz has been here for years and he already has his players on the defensive side of the call, and let’s talk about that for a second. Majority of the recruiting concerns are on the defensive side of the ball, we are recruiting JAGs left and right there. If we can’t win now, this will only get worse not better.

I agree, but as a whole Manny really has lowered the caliber of defensive recruits we have gotten over the years.

Stop blaming players.

We had a chance to go out and execute a legit coaching search. We didn’t do any of that. So this is what we get.

I don't disagree with you at all, but even if this administration did conduct a "legit coaching search" what makes you think they'd make the right decision? Given the opportunity, Blake James has hired a used car salesmen from Temple and then an utterly lost and mediocre has-been in Richt. I didn't even really mind the Manny hire since given the opportunity, they'd probably go out and try to get some coordinator from Boise St. or something.

This administration does not want to shell out big time money for a big time coach the way other programs do. That's just how it is. Our alumni base is too small and being a private school we will never have the money that Texas, Alabama, aTm, Clemson, or Ohio State have to spend on coaches. So they took a chance and went discount on a hardcore "Miami guy" and hoped for the best.

I agree, but as a whole Manny really has lowered the caliber of defensive recruits we have gotten over the years.
All the talent is on offense. Once we get the tackle situation worked out with experience, we would be fine. The bigger worry is defense as you said and special teams. They lost us the game yesterday. We made another **** QB look all world.

The thing is that we will waste all that offensive talent and soon enough we will be 3 star city there also.

Advertisement
All the talent is on offense. Once we get the tackle situation worked out with experience, we would be fine. The bigger worry is defense as you said and special teams. They lost us the game yesterday. We made another **** QB look all world.

The thing is that we will waste all that offensive talent and soon enough we will be 3 star city there also.

That is my point. The reason all the talent is on Offense is because Manny depleted it over the past few years.

Bubba Baxa is the reason they’re 0-2 instead of 2-0.

Advertisement
Back