My take (for what it's worth)

AK_Cane

Junior
Premium
First of all I am very glad to see the team didn't quit like they would have last year. There were a bunch of pluses but a huge amount of negatives. We beat ourselves in this game and gave this bad gator team the W. I'll just say it first the oline was trash the tackles got roasted literally every play I think I saw 2 plays where Jarren was able to climb the pocket.

I was absolutely furious to see us running so much PA when we already had zero time to throw. Enos needs to give up on going under center as much it can't be a staple with this oline period end of story. JT messed up big time and he will get right. But he isn't the only one who dropped the ball tonight there were a couple of times kids didn't step up and catch the ball and I swear for theife in me if our guys don't start protecting the ball when running into traffic I will lose my ****.

I'm not giving the defense a pass like most are they played ok. That offense is trash and they still made the big plays when it mattered. There were several times they made the stops but a couple where we needed it and they folded. The DL was a huge disappointment to me we have talked about how "bad" their oline would be and we had 1 sack. If we played a semi decent QB tonight we would have gotten toasted. Hopefully that dline will produce once we hit league play

Overall, I'm upset I won't blame officiating although it was the worst called game I have ever seen. I'm used to them missing **** against Miami but it was insane tonight. I'm excited about the future. Jarren held onto the ball too long a couple of times and he will learn with experience. But the kid had to dodge bullets all night. Literally as soon as the ball hit his hands most of the time. He showed so much fight, I think we finally got ourselves one boys. Now let's get a 5 front that can be semi useable.

Sorry had to vent I'm probably all over the place but oh well. Had to get it out there. No point in doing and gloom there were a bunch of positives to pull from this game. Night boys

Advertisement
First of all I am very glad to see the team didn't quit like they would have last year. There were a bunch of pluses but a huge amount of negatives. We beat ourselves in this game and gave this bad gator team the W. I'll just say it first the oline was trash the tackles got roasted literally every play I think I saw 2 plays where Jarren was able to climb the pocket.

I was absolutely furious to see us running so much PA when we already had zero time to throw. Enos needs to give up on going under center as much it can't be a staple with this oline period end of story. JT messed up big time and he will get right. But he isn't the only one who dropped the ball tonight there were a couple of times kids didn't step up and catch the ball and I swear for theife in me if our guys don't start protecting the ball when running into traffic I will lose my ****.

I'm not giving the defense a pass like most are they played ok. That offense is trash and they still made the big plays when it mattered. There were several times they made the stops but a couple where we needed it and they folded. The DL was a huge disappointment to me we have talked about how "bad" their oline would be and we had 1 sack. If we played a semi decent QB tonight we would have gotten toasted. Hopefully that dline will produce once we hit league play

Overall, I'm upset I won't blame officiating although it was the worst called game I have ever seen. I'm used to them missing **** against Miami but it was insane tonight. I'm excited about the future. Jarren held onto the ball too long a couple of times and he will learn with experience. But the kid had to dodge bullets all night. Literally as soon as the ball hit his hands most of the time. He showed so much fight, I think we finally got ourselves one boys. Now let's get a 5 front that can be semi useable.

Sorry had to vent I'm probably all over the place but oh well. Had to get it out there. No point in doing and gloom there were a bunch of positives to pull from this game. Night boys
I agree with 97% of what you said. I think we can still go under center. Not as much as Enos would like but we can still do it. Dallas is a beast. He needs more touches.

I agree with 97% of what you said. I think we can still go under center. Not as much as Enos would like but we can still do it. Dallas is a beast. He needs more touches.
Yeah that's why said not as much haha and I love Dallas but same for him when it comes to covering the ball

Yeah that's why said not as much haha and I love Dallas but same for him when it comes to covering the ball
No doubt, at least he didn't fumble. U know I've read so many comments that says we need to abandon going under center so many times once you started on the topic my eyes so one thing and my brain read something completely different lol.

It’s the way we use plays under center.

Coaches that are used to having mauling offensive lines adjust poorly to less talent.

Every play takes an hour to develop.

What happened to quick count and running hard and fast straight at the defense? Too much delay, draw, and p.a. off them slow *** plays.

Route combos with receivers looking for the ball at 5 yards from 3step drop on the same side of the field?

I don’t get it. There is less time to throw than ever in the history of the game. Coaches struggle to adjust, even when they know their lines are weak.

Oh, and where the **** were the hot routes. The freshman qb can’t do it all on his own. Need to get more creative with quick passing,

Advertisement

Good report. What I appreciate about the Offense is we played to win. Our DLine is not as potent as we thought.

Surprisingly, the DB’s overall graded the best on Defense.

[/QUOTE

I’m with you on that.

I’m still not seeing pass rush without pressure.

That is what concerns me.

I aside from pass rushing I thought the Dline played well.

Advertisement
The gators scored 24 points:

TD- D gets a 3 and out and STs gives up a fake punt. D blows an assignment by not rotating for the motion. 4-5 missed tackles.

FG- Drive starts at Miami 42.

TD- muffed punt gives gators the ball at 11 yard line.

TD- Gators go 80 yards for a TD.

This defense really gave up 17 points. They forced 4 TOs. No blame should be placed their way.

It’s the way we use plays under center.

Coaches that are used to having mauling offensive lines adjust poorly to less talent.

Every play takes an hour to develop.

What happened to quick count and running hard and fast straight at the defense? Too much delay, draw, and p.a. off them slow *** plays.

Route combos with receivers looking for the ball at 5 yards from 3step drop on the same side of the field?

I don’t get it. There is less time to throw than ever in the history of the game. Coaches struggle to adjust, even when they know their lines are weak.

Oh, and where the **** were the hot routes. The freshman qb can’t do it all on his own. Need to get more creative with quick passing,
For sure man, we had quick reads the first drive then we went away from it

TD- D gets a 3 and out and STs gives up a fake punt. D blows an assignment by not rotating for the motion. 4-5 missed tackles.

This defense really gave up 17 points. They forced 4 TOs. No blame should be placed their way.
I hear you but got to remember one of our turnovers were at our 6 after they drove down the field. The int by Carter was lucky as **** that boy was wide open. It's not always just the numbers. That 4 plays 80 yards was ridiculous in crunch time

Advertisement
I was very surprised how little help they have to the tackles. I understand the most effective thing we had going was the TE but it was just overwhelming bad bad they were getting dominated.

that first td, watch it back. Bandy was held and Pickney was blocked in the back hard. two missed calls.

Wayyyyy too much Tate Martell at receiver. I'd prefer a Hightower or Pope in the majority of those plays. Ok to have Tate at wildcat but a lot of those were not wildcat plays.

With that said, Mallory, WTF, but we went away from the tightends for a while. Needed more JT on jet sweeps, WR screens, etc. Him and Harley were not involved much and when the QB has little time, need those quick hitches, slants, reverses, etc, to keep their D-Line from just straight rushing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back