My stance on offering prospects.

Winky is Wright

Junior
Banned
Clarington is not at Westminster and unless he plays defensive end, I'm not a big on him as a prospect.

Cronkrite needs an offer soon or I don't think he will be here.

Irvin and JaQuan Johnson want to play together.

I don't understand this.

Don't tell me it's because Al is a good guy, and honors his offers.

The staff has shown they're willing to show commits the door. (Brandon Holifield and Alin Edouard are two that come into mind)

Why not offer more kids early in the process? If you don't want them in the end, don't take them. Yes it's a cold tactic, but this is a cold game.

Saban and Jimbo are masterminds when it comes to early offers.

Outside Greg Bryant, who hasn't FSU offered the past few years?

JoJo Robinson and CJ Worton are both committed to Florida State. Florida State fans are 90% sure both end up elsewhere.

If Jimbo breaking his word is hurting Florida State on the recruiting trail, do tell. All I see is they're well on their way to a fourth straight top 3 class.

The amount of kids who've soured on UM because of this is staggering.
------

This is just my opinion, would love to hear a few of yours.

Advertisement
I don't understand the Cronkrite non-offer either.

The Treon Harris situation is even more puzzling. I could understand if we never offered him at QB but now that we have there was no reason not to do it early.

Al needs to touch up on the politics of HS football down here.

I don't understand the Cronkrite non-offer either.

The Treon Harris situation is even more puzzling. I could understand if we never offered him at QB but now that we have there was no reason not to do it early.

Al needs to touch up on the politics of HS football down here.

Harris will never play QB here, and Golden is banking on the idea the kid will give in to a position change, or transfer, IMO. But agreed not sure why not do that a long time ago, unless they didn't want to scare off Kaaya.

Advertisement
yes that's good logic until you **** off the wrong people down here. fsu and florida have shown the ability to pull 5 star players from a national level GA,BAMA, & others (kaaya and AQM are the exception not the rule) golden doesnt want to start pulling offers from players and turn and try and recruit someone in the next class that they know well

yes that's good logic until you **** off the wrong people down here. fsu and florida have shown the ability to pull 5 star players from a national level GA,BAMA, & others (kaaya and AQM are the exception not the rule) golden doesnt want to start pulling offers from players and turn and try and recruit someone in the next class that they know well

437.jpg

Advertisement
I personally respect not offering kids. Alabama and a lot of other large programs are known for gray shirting kids. I prefer that we offer kids and really mean them and don't give them away like samples of Blue Magic.

437.jpg

that might happen at Hialeah or maybe a Dillard. but start doing it at booker t, central, miami northwestern and we will see how this "Lets take jimbo's approach" pans out for you

and the skai moore thing is different. it wasnt "we dont think you are good enough to play here" it was "we like you, but we can only take a few and we like grace, thomas and (whatever that juco name was) over you"

Last edited:
I think Cronkrite is good but not one of those must get guys down here. They will probably offer him on junior day to make it special.

Advertisement
I think Cronkrite is good but not one of those must get guys down here. They will probably offer him on junior day to make it special.

We just had a CIS correspondent cover the SFE tryouts and said the kid was a flat-out stud.

Moreover, we've talked about offering kids perceived as leaders and those who could influence others in a respective recruiting class. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't he want to attend the same college as Jaquan Johnson and Tim Irvin? Not that all package deals work out in the end, but this one is a head scratcher.

Guess we just have to trust the process, right?

197.gif

AG is horrible when it comes offering early, he does not understand times have changed an we are not that dominate U we once was, also he fails to realize how teams will use him offering late against him, as an athlete myself, as you gain experience in recruiting and mature, athletes start to realize that at the end of the day an offer only matters not just relationships. We can not afford to take a step back and not clean up these next two classes or our program we be in danger zone of never returning to greatness.

Offering recruits early doesn't mean anything. Brandon Powell got a offer from UF 2 days before enrolling into school. Kids are gonna go wherever they want to regardless of an early offer. Look what happened to Travis Rudolph, Alex Collins, and Keith Bryant.

Advertisement
You can ruffle some feathers with kids and coaches if you're consistently winning. Because ultimately, you're trying to win games. And if you do that regularly, it's going to be hard for anyone to complain about your processes when they get results. But I don't blame a kid for getting mad when UM intimates he isn't good enough to play there then promptly goes out and gets waxed by any opponent with a pulse.

It seems like offering a kid early is less a magic bullet to get him to commit than it is one less thing they can complain about in the media when they are forced to endure more than eleven minutes without "getting love." You've got Torrance Gibson complaining about not hearing from UM for awhile while acknowledging in the same sentence that they've been recruiting him since he was in 8th grade. **** he handed the ball off to a kid who was handed a UM offer when he juked out of the womb, and he's going to UGa. This isn't to absolve Golden and Co. of blame because they do more than their fair share of f'ing up, but there is an element of "damned if you do and damned if you don't" to all of this.

It makes no sense how the FSUs, Bamas, LSUs can be a step ahead of us in evaluating/offering players that are playing literally a few miles away from our campus.

Lol @evaluation . We offer kids way before bama/ lsu (SBB is the exception not the rule) FSU offers and if they don't grow, get better, or find someone better they stop calling. As I noted earlier we can do this with cry baby Sofla coaches. But hands down in this class we have the most 3 star turned 4 star players hands down I call that evaluation

it's a fail by this staff. spin it however you want, but on every front its a fat ******* face palm.

Advertisement
Back