My reply to "New Beginnings: We Need Your Support" email.

Southcane

Senior
Has anybody else received similar emails to renew Hurricane Club membership? If so, it's a chance to let them hear you.
Her is my reply:
Hurricane Club.jpg

I am waiting to see who the program will hire as the new head coach. I’m tired of mediocrity. The administration has being going the lazy, cheap route in hiring unqualified coaches for the last 10 years. Time to pick a proven HC.
Hire Butch Davis!
Then I will renew my Hurricane Club membership.

Advertisement
Has anybody else received similar emails to renew Hurricane Club membership? If so, it's a chance to let them hear you.
Her is my reply:
View attachment 33343

I am waiting to see who the program will hire as the new head coach. I’m tired of mediocrity. The administration has being going the lazy, cheap route in hiring unqualified coaches for the last 10 years. Time to pick a proven HC.
Hire Butch Davis!

Hiring Butch Davis would be the laziest route imaginable!

Would we be hiring him based on what he did 15 years ago for this program, or for winning 8 games a season 5 years ago at UNC?

Using either of those criteria to hire a coach is ridiculous!

It's 2015!

Hire a coach who can win TODAY! Who has some recent modicum of success, and has won more than 8 games in a season in the past 10 years!

Again, I'll ask ... Why not hire Dennis Erickson if the qualification to be hired as the next HC is having a demonstrated history of prior success as this university? ****, Dennis won two (2) titles ... Butch never won any!

So, if yall know Butch can do it again, because he did it before ... Why can't Erickson?

^^^^ Hey, this is my opinion, stated over and over again. You don't like it, send them email and express yours.

Her is my reply:
View attachment 33343

Hire Butch Davis!

Would we be hiring him based on what he did 15 years ago for this program, or for winning 8 games a season 5 years ago at UNC?

It's 2015!

Hire a coach who can win TODAY! Who has some recent modicum of success, and has won more than 8 games in a season in the past 10 years!

Again, I'll ask ... Why not hire Dennis Erickson if the qualification to be hired as the next HC is having a demonstrated history of prior success as this university? ****, Dennis won two (2) titles ... Butch never won any!

So, if yall know Butch can do it again, because he did it before ... Why can't Erickson?

^^^^^^What a POTATO says.

Good job OP!

#BBB

Her is my reply:
View attachment 33343

Hire Butch Davis!

It's 2015!

POTATOE'S POTATO
KING OF FRIES
SPUDS THE CLOWN

Advertisement
While MIATL makes good points, every single coaching candidate mentioned would be off the table if we took a similar approach. Even Herman and Feuntes for doing what they are at a mid-major.

While MIATL makes good points, every single coaching candidate mentioned would be off the table if we took a similar approach. Even Herman and Feuntes for doing what they are at a mid-major.
If he read my reply carefully, he would have noticed that I first said I wanted a "proven coach". Then I mentioned Butch Davis because, to me, out of all the proven ones, he is also the most suited for the job. You can ask for a proven coach and name yours.

If he read my reply carefully, he would have noticed that I first said I wanted a "proven coach". Then I mentioned Butch Davis because, to me, out of all the proven ones, he is also the most suited for the job. You can ask for a proven coach and name yours.

I get that. My response was more of a slight to disparaging Butch Davis based on the points made by MIATL. I'm all for #BBB .

Her is my reply:
View attachment 33343

Hire Butch Davis!

It's 2015!

I totally see where you are coming from, but do you realize that Butch's record at UNC is comparable to (actually better than) Jimmy Johnson's at Oklahoma State? If hiring a coach with better than 8 wins is part of the criteria, than Jimmy Johnson should have never been a University of Miami head coach. The thing is, we know what Butch can do in South Florida, recruiting wise. But I understand where you are coming from.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back