Status
Not open for further replies.

poopyhead114

Recruit
Here is who I have post mat drills, pre spring

QB - Rosier, Allison, Weldon, Shirreffs, Testaverde, Perry

HB - Walton, Homer, Gray, Burns

FB - Chickillo

WR - Richards, Thomas, Harris, Dallas, Berrios, Cager, Harley, Mullins, Langham, Njoku

TE - Herndon, Irvin, Haskins, Polendy

OT - Brown, Darling, Donaldson, Odogwu, St. Louis, Johnson, Jones, Hillery, Dykstra

OG - McDermott, Gauthier, Milo, Mahoney, Herbert

C - Linder, Gaynor

DE - Thomas, Harris, J. Jackson, D. Jackson, Bethel, Patchan, Johnson, Garvin

DT - Norton, McIntosh, Willis, Ford, Fines, Moten, Martin

OLB - Pickney, McCloud, Perry, Owens, McCray, Wilder, Jennings, Steed

MLB - Quarterman, Smith, Gordinier

CB - Redwine, Delaney, Dean, Young, Bandy, Mayes, Henley

S - Johnson, Jackson, James, Finley, Knowles, Smith, Carter

K - Badgley

P - Spicer, Feagles

QB - I expect Rosier to win the job. Weldon being an EE gives him the edge over Perry, who will just redshirt. Allison will be the main back up. Shirriffs probably will transfer right? Testeverde will travel just because he is reliable and smart and will be needed to send in the signals with the yellow baseball cap guys. Weldon will travel and be the 3rd QB

HB - Homer and Gray need to be upgrades over Yearby & Edwards, bottom line. We need depth. Berrios shouldve moved to RB he isnt an impact WR and will get passed by this year & waste his career. Walton will have another fine season. he is a true cane i love his passion

FB - need some help here, maybe a grad transfer will be found like last year. why didnt that walter tucker kid stay what an idiot

WR - Jeff Thomas will be the sole reason we win the coastal this year. Finally an impact guy to put opposite Ahmond. After Richards, the rest of the WRs are JAGs. I expect Mullins and Langham to transfer, make room for some 2018 playmakers. Future is bright for this position but have to stay healthy this year.

TE - Haskins and Irivin need to stop smoking weed and get ready to play. Herndon is solid but if he goes down we have no proven tight ends. Again, I would feel better if we can find a grad transfer to help out, due to the proven immaturity of Haskins and Irvin.

OT - I was about to put Donaldson as the starter, but I need to see him first. Perhaps by October he will win the job. Not sure how good this Brown kid is but he cant be worse than the turnstiles Stacey Searels put out there last year. Everybody on this board was singing St. Louis's praises but after re-watching film this kid simply isnt good. Great effort, but let's face it this position has underachieved and is lacking talent.

OG - I remember McDermott acting tough telling Urban Meyer to f-off when he signed and he was a highly rated kid coming out. Well, Urban has won a natty and gone to the playoffs and McDermott has been a blog of waste. One more year of his false starts and thank god he will be gone. Again, he plays just because there is no talent at this spot. Hopefully some of the younger guys develop

C - Linder is weak and maybe Gaynor steals the job by October? need some depth here too

DE - STACKED! Best group in the nation, period. Just have to stay healthy.

DT - First 2 are impact guys but some of these back ups need to start making plays. Again, I dont get the Willis hype but maybe he will get motivated to actually pick up some weights this summer. Ford seems like the future stud and I expect him to play this year.

OLB - Got some depth and speed infusion here, really excited for this group. They will also play special teams glad a few are EEs

MLB - Solid group, even Mike Smith is capable of making plays when he gets in there. Im excited to see Gordinier back.

CB - Solid group, have to stay healthy. 2018 will load this spot even better.

S - Solid group, but a bit unproven. Jenkins and Carter were great tacklers and helped fix a lot of mistakes the CBs made last year, so I expect Diaz to really focus on coaching the safeties this spring. Key group for 2017 because the other spots are filled with veteran guys (I consider Dean and Delaney veterans at CB)

K - Badgley is reliable, anyone on deck to replace him in 2018?

P - we will miss Vogel, he bailed us out alot!

Overall we finally have some talent. It was obvious our weaknesses in 2016 were at QB, OL, and WR, and I think by Kaaya leaving we are simply better at that spot. OL cant be worse, can it? And even if the OL continues to struggle which I expect they will at least we have some QBs that can move. Penn State had a garbage OL in 2015 and 2016 but the difference was Hackenberg (who is just like Kaaya) left and McSorley came in and was able to move around and make plays (although he threw some costly INTs but at least he wasnt a statue back there). Thats what I think Rosier can do - move around when the pressure comes and get the ball to Richards and Thomas in open space.

Advertisement
I think if jack pope gets a shot at fullback he might be a pleasant surprise

I was with you until Carter a solid tackler OP. Might want to edit before the vultures arrive. Could get ugly. I appreciate your dedication to the thread. Very in depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well Manny Diaz himself said he loved Jamal Carter & Rashawn Jenkins and how they tackled.

I won't argue with you, **** I always thought Jamal should have moved to LB. But Im just going by what Manny Diaz said this winter. It seems safety play in this defense is key and hopefully Jaquan can be the leader and some other guys emerge.

Advertisement
Why is Mullins gonna transfer? I see him playing a role next year no doubt

Why is Mullins gonna transfer? I see him playing a role next year no doubt

good question but my question is mullins any good? He couldnt even beat out Dayall Harris last year? I guess I figure DeeJay Dallas, Jeff Thomas, even Mike Harley and Lawrence Cager will be better than Mullins? Even Njoku will probably be better than Mullins? Hope I am wrong, but i cant believe that if Mullins couldnt sniff the field last year will all the JAGs in front of him, what makes you say he wont transfer to Butch at FIU? we will see, maybe he is good i just dont get the hype for him

Advertisement
I respect the work, but disagree on several counts. I'll pass on QB as that's anybody's guess. Berries to RB doesn't make any sense to me at all, and I'm not sure why that idea seems to keep popping up. Choc an upgrade over Yearby/Gus? That would be great, but I'm real skeptical that the kid will ever see the field in any meaningful way. Way too early to talk about Jeff Thomas, Mullins has a year of experience in the system. Speaking of him (and Choc), he's the poster child for not assuming that because a kid is a stud in HS he'll ball immediately. Not knocking Mullins, but this time last year people were acting like he'd be a freshman star and we see how that worked out. Thomas may be the goods this year, but he'll need to prove it in practice first.

I respect the work, but disagree on several counts. I'll pass on QB as that's anybody's guess. Berries to RB doesn't make any sense to me at all, and I'm not sure why that idea seems to keep popping up. Choc an upgrade over Yearby/Gus? That would be great, but I'm real skeptical that the kid will ever see the field in any meaningful way. Way too early to talk about Jeff Thomas, Mullins has a year of experience in the system. Speaking of him (and Choc), he's the poster child for not assuming that because a kid is a stud in HS he'll ball immediately. Not knocking Mullins, but this time last year people were acting like he'd be a freshman star and we see how that worked out. Thomas may be the goods this year, but he'll need to prove it in practice first.

good points, i agree

OT: To the OP. My wife has taught pre-K for 25 years. So I really appreciate the nuances of your user name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back