- Malik Rosier 15/28 210yds 3TD's 2INT's 9att 38yds 1TD
- Travis Homer 17att 96yds 1TD 1FR
- Ahmmon Richards 4rec 51yds 1TD
- Dayall Harris 2rec 43yds 1TD
- Braxton Berrios 3rec 38yds
- Deejay Dallas 5att 15yds
- Lawrence Cager 1rec 9yds 1TD
- Jeff Thomas 1rec 33yds

Rosier played like he usually does, Hot/Cold but always steps up when we need him most. On the INT to JT4, Thomas was PI'd but even so still it was the same type of throw that got picked off vs Va Tech (might've even been the same route). In a thread from last week the question was asked "how can Rosier take his game to an elite level", I said it in that thread & I'll say it again, ball placement on his Deep Ball is what he needs to work on most. When he throws to the outside shoulder he gives our WR's the advantage to make the play, when he hangs inside the DB can usually high-point the ball & get an INT. Other than that, he was pretty good down the stretch, that was a good throw to Berrios on that 3rd & 20, but an even better catch.

Offensive Line struggled early in run protection, they were pretty good in pass protect minus a few lapses from KC, otherwise they were solid, not as good as they've been the last 2 weeks vs Va Tech & ND, but they got the job done.

Great to see Ahmmon get back in the groove early, it seemed like he was about to have a breakout game after that 1st TD, then in the 2nd half it looked like Harris was playing a lot. Either way, he played well & looked like he's fully healthy. I still think he'll have a huge game vs Clemson.

Berrios... Clutch! Congrats to him, his Senior year has placed him among the greats of Canes history at WR, I know he ain't done yet this season I'm certain he's gonna give Clemson fits & have a big game as well.

Dayall really stepped up & some nice catches. After coming back from suspension he could've just went in the tank & already started think about going elsewhere, but he's stay committed & made plays when given an opportunity. He still has some years of eligibility left, I hope he stays here & keeps playing. We can always use a 6'3 WR with long arms & some speed. Keep at it Day!

Nice TD from Cager... He's 6'5 with Basketball player length,his specialty should be Redzone TD's.

Homer really is one tough mutha****a man! Lol. He was contained for most of the game, then when we needed him the most he just took that ball & bullied his way all over the field. And the cutback on that run was great change of direction. He's supposedly 195lbs, but he runs like a 220lbs back with legit 4.4 speed. I said it in my Notre Dame recap, most explosive RB we've had since Lamar Miller. Also, great to see him get the TO Chain lol! The fact our starting RB's have also been big time playmakers on ST's speaks volumes about the grittiness of this team.

image.jpg

Defense: Gave up 439yds, 384yds passing & 55yds rushing, also forced 3 turnovers.

- Jaquan Johnson 9tcks 1sack 1TFL 1INT 1TD
- Michael Pinckney 6tcks 1TFL
- Shaquille Quarterman 6tcks
- Dee Delaney 6tcks .05TFL
- Zach McCloud 5tcks
- Michael Jackson 4tcks
- Malek Young 4tcks
- RJ McIntosh 4tcks .05sacks 3TFL's
- Joe Jackson 4tcks 1sack 1TFL
- Chad Thomas 4tcks .05sack 1TFL
- Trajan Bandy 4tcks
- Amari Carter 4tcks
- Trent Harris 3tcks 2sacks 2.5TFL's

Well the obvious... The secondary struggled early vs VA's passing attack, this was reminiscent of Toledo. Kurt Benkert is actually a pretty **** good QB, he's top 10 this season in passing yards & he was just on fire in the 1st 3 quarters vs us. I tip my hat to'em cause he's the best QB we've faced since Woodside.

VA is a team that's sneaky dangerous on Offense, they have good speed on the perimeter & if you come out sleepwalking like we did, they can hang points on you quick. They were exploiting our coverages on the slant & curl routes, then hitting us over top with the Deep ball.

The DL couldn't get much pressure in the 1st half & showed up huge in the 4th quarter. RJ McIntosh is play himself into a 1st round draft pick! The penetration he got on those 4th & shorts showed the type of player he is. That boy is literally unblockable! Scouts, GM's & Coaches are going to love him! His 2nd contract in the NFL after his rookie deal is up is going to be ridiculous lol

Trent!!! His get off is something special, the way he can time up the snap & beat the Tackle is just unreal. I'm proud of him, appreciate him for committing to us during the Folden years & sticking it out. Coach Kool really has helped him has these last 2 years. Wish he had another year of eligibility, but happy for him & can't wait to see him in the NFL.

Chad MAJOR 9!!! As yall know, my favorite DE on the team, stepped up & had a good game for us, was in the backfield a lot & made a great play on that Sack he got with JJack. I'm so proud of him & everything he's accomplished on & off the field. One of the best players on the team & while a lot of our fans don't know it, they'll really miss him next year holding down that Strong side. Hate that he had to endure the Folden years as well, but you can really tell Coach Kool has helped him progress a lot. He's gonna have a great career in the league & in music.

Joe Jackson has quietly had a great season & has placed himself as the best DE in the ACC imo. Pure speed & savagery is the best way I describe him. Best pure pass rusher & don't forget, he's just a Sophomore. Which means he'll be even better next year!

LB's didn't play well in pass coverage but Shaq & Pinckney do what they always do, play hard & finish. McCloud had a good FF early on that fumble recovered by MJack, but also took some bad angles again. Bad penalty, but I don't think it was intentional just couldn't slow his momentum. Just gotta keep at it, not gonna beat'em up, he'll be aight.

The Corners didn't play as well as they've been for most of the season, I pretty much just chalk it up to VA just seeing on film that we're susceptible to certain plays based on when the DLine isn't creating pressure upfront. Not worried about it, our boys will ball when it matters most.

Quan displayed his amazing instincts on that pick 6, great read of the QB's eyes & on the sack play he completely out rushed the back trying to block him, great Safety Blitz call by Diaz there. He's the Defensive MVP of the season, he's a phenomenal football player & leader, I hope the NFL talk isn't too enticing, we need him next year. I know everyone is in love with the 2018 kids (Ima big fan of them too), but you can't teach what he has & his leadership in the locker room is essential in continuing to build this team back into a Championship program.

Told yall don't sleep on Amari Carter, he'll be a starter next year imo, don't care what anyone says.

Overall, no we didn't play perfect, we hardly ever do, but when it's crunch time this team never quits & never folds. This was VA's Super Bowl & they lost. Did we blow'em out like we could have, nope, but we did what we needed to do to win, that's all that matters.

Not once did I think we would lose this game, even when it was 28-14, I knew that was all they had left.

Congrats to the Senior class!!! I'm proud of each & every one of them! Through all the ups & downs these kids gave us their all & I thank them for being True Canes through & through.

It ain't over yet! Pitt bout to get the *** whoopin that VA was supposed to get & then it's on vs Clemson!

[TWEET]931989403328692224[/TWEET]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Imo you can make the argument that Rj mcintosh is the top dt in the country. However Bradley Chubb is definitely the best de in the acc as well as the country this year

Last edited:
Excellent recap. Right on the money. Benkert was straight up unconscious in the first half and some of the 3rd but that is incredibly difficult to sustain over 4 quarters against a defense as fast and relentless as ours.

Somebody asked me today how this team has managed to be undefeated after 10 games. I told the guy that we have a very tight knit football team with incredible senior leadership and leadership in general. This team just seems to have a special chemistry and rare mental toughness to go along with talent. We might not have the type of depth that we would like but these kids have really exceeded expectations and have taken their game to the next level. The coaching staff has done a masterful job and should be recognized for it. This is Miami Hurricane Football.

Advertisement
Berrios doesnt have the numbers of a Dorsett or a Hurns(honestly i didnt look up the numbers so dont kill me if i got this wrong) but dude has been so impressive as a player he is quickly becoming one of my favorites of all time. This season would not be the same without berrios going out there and doing his thing with so much swagger.

Virginia is a much better team that people give them credit for. We found that out last night. It as a good win. Berrios has a heart of a lion. Rosier was off for much of the first half. Virginia’s D was spying the QB as Hurricane Vision correctly noted they should. Team showed a lot of faith in themselves and never panicked. Win was much better than we and the nation give the Canes credit for. Nice write up.

Advertisement
Great write up El. This was a champions game. Cold have and maybe should have lost it but just refused too. Lots of leaders stepping up and making those big time plays. I’d and one thing to you summary. The 12th man was alive and playing great yesterday. The crowd was everything critics claim we are not. Fans showed up large and in charged.

Berrios doesnt have the numbers of a Dorsett or a Hurns(honestly i didnt look up the numbers so dont kill me if i got this wrong) but dude has been so impressive as a player he is quickly becoming one of my favorites of all time. This season would not be the same without berrios going out there and doing his thing with so much swagger.

The number of clutch catches he's made all season outweighs gaudy numbers imo, and we're probably not undefeated without them. **** shame we waited until his senior year to use him properly. Glad he decided to stick around.

Johnson can get ready for another acc defensive player of the week award

This!!

You sure Derwin James (ST 2.0) isn’t going to get it instead after his performance Vs. Delaware State(Mind you I don’t even know what his stat line was)?

/sarcasm

Quan is an AA this year. Hope he stays but would def understand if he goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Is it just me or is rosier significantly better throwing to his right? Especially for the back shoulder deep ball placement.

That 3rd down conversion berrios made down the seam in the second half was yuuuuge. What a catch.

I’ll take our DL over Clemson’s. There...I said it.

Advertisement
That 3rd down conversion berrios made down the seam in the second half was yuuuuge. What a catch.

[MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] and I were having this discussion watching their loss to the Cuse - one through 4, Clemson is as good as anyone(or better) but 1-8, Miami is superior. And it was shown that game in the Dome as they got gassed late. I love the depth of Kool and the Gang

[MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] and I were having this discussion watching their loss to the Cuse - one through 4, Clemson is as good as anyone(or better) but 1-8, Miami is superior. And it was shown that game in the Dome as they got gassed late. I love the depth of Kool and the Gang

They’re good but I think their front 4 gets a lot of hype. I’ve watched them play a few times and I was a bit underwhelmed although I acknowledge that they are very good

Richards was targeted last week and had those drops, great to see him make some huge catches and contribute this week. Going to need that the rest of the way.

Advertisement
Back