My Post Game Recap: VA Tech

*Stevenson hurt his shoulder at GT...that is a nagging injury that you make a tackle an it pops out and the pain is badddd.

The talent level on that defense aint that good at all.

They have to totally reconstruct in the portal.

The talent is with the young safeties, Leonard Taylor has potential, and we have some rotational des, and JHH. iF sTEVENSON DOESNT COME BACK WERE IN TROUBLE AT cb. If Blades comes back that would help some as well. But honestly new coach or not i might possibly look at almost double digit portal guys on defense.
There is nothing but rotational or below that level talent at cb and lb....(2 positions i been harping on for 3+years with Rumph and Manny)
Mario(or lane) needs to grab a ready to play DE, LB, Oline and if we’re talking about getting lucky another Rambo.

DE and LB are musts with walk in starting postions.,, can’t believe we let J.Johnson go to FSU so pop can put the south ridge band to come back together and suck

Advertisement
TVD with another great performance, his big arm sets him apart from the majority of Canes QB’s we’ve had over the last decade

What sets TVD apart isn't his arm strength, it's his accuracy on deep throws. Beautiful deep ball.

Hitting cats in stride all the time isn't just something we have seldom seen in a Cane qb the list 20 years. It's a rare skillset for any qb anywhere.

former oline coaches or player usually run a slow grinding out offense, if mario is the pick, what fans goin to think when they see the slow offense next yr?? really goin to be bad

Advertisement
Thanks LCE. Super solid as usual. Although I didn’t see anything on the earned Beta Award of the Year fir Manny deciding to take a knee with 1:11 in the half. I get that it had just started to rain hard, but do you think any coach in NCAA decides with 3 timeouts that it is a good time to go in up 15 (or 18, can’t remember which)? Where is the pride? What is the message for your team?

IMO, it led to the flat 3rd qtr (and the rain obviously) but out it into the kids’ heads that “we can’t move the ball in these conditions, so we might as well wait for better weather”. Typical Manny move and just adds to the missteps for the year from that clown. Can’t wait fir a new HC, no matter who it is.

0 doubt in my mind Mario will be hated and bordering on banners flying in a couple years if he were to come to Miami and bring more or less the same offense and defense he has at Oregon. We will rip that **** apart

Advertisement
We need Lane. But Matio is an upgrade or Diaz. But then again, letting a Madden game on the sideline call defensive plays would be an upgrade

What's up with Knighton these last few games? Stats more reflective of a Turkey than a Rooster.

Advertisement
@Liberty City El i know Mario isn’t your top choice, but if he is… gun to your head, do you keep Lashlee
Might be the only way I want Mario. If he comes in here and changes the O to some stupid garbage that doesn't optimize our skill position talent, I don't want him. No, no and **** no. Overpay for more Dan Enos type BS? I don't think so.

I get it, Lashlee isn't perfect, but he's a **** of a lot better than anything we've had at OC in decades.

He’s not a bad OC & the numbers bear that out, but he doesn’t need to be the scapegoat for fans anymore.

If people are sure that Mario is the God amongst mere mortals they claim he is, then he needs to have his OC run his system so they can see for themselves how that looks with this roster.
The most frustrating part (potentially) is that even Saban has figured out he needs to open the offense up, even if it means sacrificing the defense a little. Somehow Mario, Kirby, and most of the rest of his coaching tree, especially those pre-Kiffin, stopped paying attention and learning from him once they left.

Advertisement
But but @rok said that Brashard Smith was just a message board fabrication like Lorenzo Lingard with no real speed or explosion and that all the hype about him was because of 1 house call against Central Connecticut.
That was just a well-designed play. Those defenders were flat footed with their eyes in the backfield. Perfect throw too. I admit I was surprised he wasn't caught from behind.

Thanks LCE. Super solid as usual. Although I didn’t see anything on the earned Beta Award of the Year fir Manny deciding to take a knee with 1:11 in the half. I get that it had just started to rain hard, but do you think any coach in NCAA decides with 3 timeouts that it is a good time to go in up 15 (or 18, can’t remember which)? Where is the pride? What is the message for your team?

IMO, it led to the flat 3rd qtr (and the rain obviously) but out it into the kids’ heads that “we can’t move the ball in these conditions, so we might as well wait for better weather”. Typical Manny move and just adds to the missteps for the year from that clown. Can’t wait fir a new HC, no matter who it is.
How else could Manny assure some boos heading into the locker room for halftime?

I though our special teams played really well, probably their best game. Offensive line was near excellent in pass blocking. Only 5 penalties for 45 yards.
If we had a better running game our offense would be nearly complete.

Advertisement
Back