My Post Game Recap - Pitt

We are still a work in progress. We should be favorited for every game until UNC, and theres no reason why we shouldnt win them all. None.

I know we all want total domination, and critiques are welcome (well not by some wholl just call you a mope), but you just dont magically become elite overnight, folks. Remember when Clemson was up and coming and then got BLITZED by Jamesis and the Noles?

All I've ever asked for these past few years was for us at a minimum to win the games we're supposed to win.

So far, so good.
Well said mate. I agree, we are a work in progress and one that’s finding ways to win games versus finding plenty of reasons to lose them in previous regimes and years. Are we perfect? **** no. Are we much improved? **** yes. I look forward to continual development of the players both on offense and defense. Get Wiggins on the sidelines and move Pope to slot as others have said. We need to see what Smith and Redding III can do with more reps. It’s not like we can’t go back to the older players if need be. Maybe a benching or two would light a fire under a few of the players.

DL continues to show up every game. JHH is an absolute great find; the kid is going to continue to grow at DT and get stronger. Though t the youth served at LB did a helluva lot better than McCloud and Jennings. All in all a nice team win. On to the crushing UVA and getting ready for the 2 game road trip against Vag Tech and a surprisingly good NC State team.

Advertisement
Great writeup, you and Macho have been putting in serious work and I really appreciate it. You obviously know more about the game then I do, can you explain to me why Carter plays at all? He is a liability in coverage and an average tackler and almost guaranteed to get a targeting call.

Random Q, do we know why Paris Ford flashed the U at the stands after his INT?

(btw he was pulling away from Harley on that return - no way Harley runs a 4.4)
Probably because we were close to getting him. IIRC, it came down to us and Pitt and he choose to stay home.

Paris pulling away from Harley stuck out to me also. Paris should have still scored but credit to Cam and King though for hustling back to stop him. Watch how Cam comes screaming in from an angle to make Paris cut it back. That play should be on Cams highlight tape to scouts

Advertisement
WTF!?!? on giving free releases to the slots? someone needs to press (or at least be covered over) the slot and be shoving their forearm into the receiver's mouth. as a QB, one of my favorite things to see was a guy in the Able Slot (3-5 yd split), or Baker Slot (5-9 yd split) uncovered. that meant there was a 99% chance that guy was going to have a clean route and be where he was supposed to. because unlike the receivers on the boundaries, a defender can't use the sideline and body positioning alone to redirect a receiver. just don't understand some of the gaps in the fundamental defensive structure. D was good, but some of this is going to bite us in the *** at some point.
- UNC and even Wake will take advantage of this. Watched WF and UNC. Can't explain how bad UNC's Oline was, but Howell will go there, fo sho. WF seems to have found a QB too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back