My Post Game Recap: FSU

Advertisement
If that’s what u got from that game, then so be it. The fact we had to come from behind & it was us who let those bozos stay in the game after we seized control is more of an indictment on us, than them.

What I got from the game is Manny shouldn’t step foot on campus

The last 58 seconds of the game had to be the worst coaching in the history of UM

The 1Q has to be one of the worst quarters of UM history

On top of it all the dude brought his dad to be on the sideline

Embarrassing all around

Perfectly said brotha Rell!

Jordan Travis hasn’t thrown worth a sh*t all season long, but against us was having a field day.

And an undisciplined highly penalized team is simply the result of a group of kids that have no leadership or direction, none of their mistakes are ever corrected, they essentially just play freestyle football & whatever happens happens.

Our weekly game plan on Defense is:
“Just go out there & see what happens... When they have the ball, just like run at’em or something, idk 🤷🏻‍♂️..”
Travis was averaging 116yds a game! hahahaha.

When u’re predicated on gimmicks, u get the results we’ve been dealt w/.

Here’s the fact of us being a poorly coached team:

Since The Richt/Diaz regime started in 2016-17, we’ve been ranked as follows in penalties:

112th
43rd
53rd
(From 2016 - 2018 under Richt)

By comparison:
103rd
121st
92nd
(From 2019 - present <before FSU> under Diaz)

The fact that Flagg could go on wax & say he’s not surprised at the undisciplined nature of this team today b/c they’ve been undisciplined in practice all week is an indictment on the lack of leadership we have.

As I posted in another thread, we should easily have handled FSU, but any unbiased, non rose colored glass wearing fan would’ve been alarmed that we struggled against GT, whose QB couldn’t throw from point A to B, & relied upon a knee touching the turf, simultaneously as he touched the ball to win the game.

And I’m going to specifically call out @AHURT12 who took it upon themselves to puff out their chest & “call out” fans who had concerns about the way we’ve been winning. We need that same energy. @Novacane32000 downvoting & dumbing every post about Manny as he’s been critiqued, we need that same energy. What u two fail to realize is that fans who are even-keeled, that see things from a 360 perspective vs. a closed minded point of view, aren’t bytching just to bytch. They are highlighting a TREND THAT HAS BEEN PREVALENT SINCE 2016! 6 yrs of hard data that shows why Manny shouldn’t have been hired, & why he deserved to be fired.

It’s an absolute tragedy that we lost this game, but this is what happens when u’re constantly relying upon ur opponent to beat themselves vs. going out & dominating.
Keeping up the good fight ....fuq those fans that can't see anything......super fan ***** should be banned if they can't take another person's opinion with proof to back it up. I had so many concerns with real points and they would dig at me being a fake fan. I'm thinking to myself bro I'm just telling the truth.

The last 58 seconds of the game had to be the worst coaching in the history of UM

Embarrassing all around
I legit would’ve made him Uber home

Advertisement
Brother @Liberty City El you nailed it. This was embarrassing on so many levels. And you are right this is an undisciplined group that just does what it wants and "playing freestyle football and whatever happens, happens" This admin and others have effectively destroyed a program. Can't help but feel like these players and fan base has been used.

Oh and Manny should be fired if for no other reason than he has no control over this program. The penalties scream lack of control and the halftime foolishness should have sealed his fate, especially since part of the reason for letting the program fall apart was the admins wanted to clean up their image. And it dawned on me that he may have a game plan but he can't get his arrogant pups to follow it.

Love what you contribute bud. Always have. And I'll miss your insight week to week. We already know how this movie ends, and it's bad. Lazy or apathetic hire, collusion amongst BOT members to preserve politically important folks jobs, and more of the same for 5 more years. I'm checking out. Not trying to gas you up, but I've enjoyed your insights more than most the last 6 years or so. Thanks man. I'll always be a Cane but I'm moving on. I can see the writing on the wall. We gonna do some **** **** and I'm gonna have to watch mother****ing Serie A soccer. This school just doesn't care. If they did we'd be elite. Love all you guys, God Bless. I'll be back if we do the right thing. I just wanted to give LCE his flowers before I or he passed on. Dude is the truth and always has been. Y'all don't respect him enough. Signing off but always lurking, original name 919Cane2DaGrave. God Bless y'all
Appreciate that my guy!

And I hate that this program is doing this to our fans, sh*t is so sad man, I felt the same way earlier this year.

Appreciate that my guy!

And I hate that this program is doing this to our fans, sh*t is so sad man, I felt the same way earlier this year.
Brother it's been a pleasure for going on **** near 10 years. If nobody else says it I will, your Top 5 on this board and ya ain't 5. Love ya man. Keep being you. I just can't take this **** no more. I literally have a U tattooed on me. And I have to be a fan of this?? **** that. Like I said, if we do the right thing I'll be around. But we all know how this ends..

Advertisement
View attachment 160973

Offense:

Tyler Van Dyke - 25/47 316yds 4TD’s & 2INT’s
Jaylan Knighton - 16car 32yds & 2rec 64yds 1TD
Charleston Rambo - 6rec 95yds
Will Mallory - 5rec 72yds & 1TD
Mike Harley - 6rec 41yds & 1TD
Keyshawn Smith - 2rec 12yds &1TD
Thad Franklin - 1rec 18yds

Gained 359yds of total offense (316 passing & 43 rushing), off 70 plays with 20 first downs, going 6-16 on 3rd down 4-4 on 4th down, at 5.1 yards per play with 23:51 in time of possession.

Started out the game on the first two drives real shaky with a really bad decision on the INT by TVD, he threw it off his back foot & lobbed it in the air for a jump ball.

Mike Harley got the ball snatched from his grasp off the quick slant for the 2nd turnover of the game, but made up for it with a right place right time TD catch off a ricochet from an overthrown ball that bounced off Smith hands.

We managed one good drive in the first half on the 6 play 66 yard drive that featured the same Double reverse play to the TE that we ran successfully vs Pitt this time went for 45yds & ended in a nice quick slant TD to Keyshawn Smith.

Finally got to see Thad Franklin get some more PT, that was a nice HB leak route off the Play action, he legit looks 6’2 245lbs lol

That was a great Wheel route to Rooster for 29yds on that late 3rd quarter drive. And he had an amazing run after the catch TD for 35yds at the beginning of the 4th quarter for what should’ve been the go ahead TD. Nice tough running staying on his feet & spinning off Brownlee’s shoulder to take it in the end zone.

Really great sequence of calls on the 11 play 97 yard drive that ended in Mallory giving us the lead taking TD. Going for on 4th & 6 with a terrific curl route on a good pass & great catch Rambro, then on a 3rd & 15 hitting Brashard Smith on a quick hook route against drop back Zone coverage which was a very good decision because it’s a YAC play that allows your runner to cut down the distance when you’re in 4 down territory, so rather than a 4th & long in the red zone, you get a 4th & 2 at goaline.

The TD play call on 4th & 2, was straight out of the Andy Reid, Sean McVay handbook of red zone TD plays, the whole thing was activated off the initial first clap to get FSU to jump offside & check if FSU is Blitzing any LB’s, once we know what they’re doing you see TVD check into the actual play call. The whole thing was set by putting Rambro in motion, clearing a lane for the TE to slip out underneath from the H-back alignment & easy stroll in for a TD.

Rambo really picked up his play in the 2nd half & came up big for us with some big time catches, the fade route to the sideline, the 4th down catch as well.

TVD played terrible in the first half, he was off kilter & because of FSU’s disruptive frontline he was completely off rhythm. He had Jacolby George on a clean Post route for a TD & TVD just launched it. He picked things back up in the 2nd half & played much better, but overall it was a mixed bag performance.

True Freshman CB Omarion Cooper came to fckin play, he was a kid we recruited last year, but of course we missed out on, me @Official Cane Gang were super high on this kid out of Lehigh & if you go check @LuCane thread he made earlier this week about FSU DB’s he was the one I highlighted as their best Corner. That kid had a **** of game shutting down Key Smith & will be a very good CB for them in the future. Really hate that we couldn’t steal this kid from them on the trail last year, but that’s why recruiting Wars are so crucial, because you miss out on premium players & they come back to haunt you later on in the season, but as a CB cognoscente I gotta give the young pup props, he was excellent in coverage.

Defense:

Corey Flagg - 8tcks 1.5TFL & 1 sack
Avantae Williams - 7tcks
Tyrique Stevenson - 6tcks
Nesta Silvera - 6tcks 1TFL 1FR
Jahfari Harvey - 6tcks 2TFL’s
Leonard Taylor - 6tcks 1TFL
Keontra Smith - 5tcks
Gilbert Frierson - 4tcks 1TFL
Waynmon Steed - 4tcks
Amari Carter - 3tcks
DeAndre Johnson - 3tcks 1.5TFL & 1 sack
Kamren Kinchens - 3tcks
Jared Harrison-Hunte - 2tcks 1TFL & 1 sack
Chase Smith - 2tcks

Gave up 434yds (274 passing & 160 rushing), with 9TFL’s & 3 sacks & 1 turnover.

First drive was classic Diaz Defense, more over pursuing, more bad angles & missed tackles, plus more undisciplined play with 5 penalties on the first drive, 3 offsides, one late hit & a horse collar. And on the TD run, Miami’s subpar tackling & lack of ability to fight off blocks was apparent.

On the 19yd run by Travis to end the 1st quarter there was at least 4 missed tackles on a run that shouldn’t have for more than 3 yards at the most .

On the 35 yard pass to Wilson, it was a Cover 2 look & Tae Williams was supposed to rotate over to have the back half of his 3rd of the coverage shell. Overall it was just a bad play call, compounded by a lack of awareness by Couch & lack of understanding of your assignment by Tae Williams.

Kamren had at least 4 or 5 missed tackles today, he was really off his game. Tae Williams too, the entire Defense really, I didn’t see one clean hit the entire game, every tackle was the culmination of finally getting the ball carrier down after several missed attempts. Poor tackling is the result of culture & horrendous teaching, teams that don’t/can’t tackle are a reflection of the D Coordinator, which for us just so happens to be the HC... Thanks again Snake James.

This Defense gave 434 yards to an essentially dead offense that could barely move the ball against every other opponent they played, but as per usual was gliding up & down the field on us.

Jordan Travis coming into this game hadn’t thrown for more than 180 yards in any game he played this year, he literally only had ONE game the entire season with more than a 150 yards passing & against our eLiTe “hold them against their average” Defense he slung it for for over 270. The kid can’t fckin throw to save his life, but vs us he’s Russell Wilson out there smh lol

Remember all throughout the week when so many of yall swore up & down that Miami was gonna blow FSU out & several of us kept telling yall that wasn’t gonna happen because of how bad our Defense is? Well... If you’ve payed attention to this **** team all year it was the most obvious call to make in the world that Miami was gonna struggle this game. Again Miami had only won by a combined 10 points against non-FCS opponents, we hadn’t beat a single team this season by more than 4 points (Central Connecticut St game doesn’t count). So what did that mean? It meant that despite the offensive explosion that we had seen the last 3 games that we were barely winning these games, which was an indicator that this team was still plagued with the same issues it had in the previous games they lost.

FSU was just hungrier & wanted it more, they won because they decided they were gonna win & Miami played as if we wanted to be anywhere else but at Doak. We started out playing slow & lethargic, this team had no intensity until the halftime meetup at the middle of the field.

An undisciplined team that had 14 penalties for 105yds, high volume penalty games has been a staple of this Miami team & particularly on defense has been apart of the culture since Diaz was DC going back to 2016.

This Miami team is a direct reflection of the HC, soft, inconsistent & has no viability when it matters most. We’ve been paper Tigers since the Pitt game in 2017, whenever it’s time for this team to show what’s it really made of, they come up short & can’t really deal with adversity. This program is an absolute joke because we have nothing but clowns running it from the top down.

No one should be shocked or surprised we lost, this is Miami, this is what we do to people; give them life when they have none & figure out ways to lose to teams we have no business losing to...

Since the FIU debacle this entire Diaz tenure has been nothing but the Sisyphus Myth...

Manuel Diaz should’ve already been fired, but even with this loss I don’t see him getting fired until after the season, which is par for the course for this Admin & BOT. IMO the best decision is to clean house & go find a legit AD & let him hire a real coach, I’ve been on record as wanting any of the 3 between Kiffin, Herman or Freeze, obviously that will never happen, so now all we’re left with is “hoping & praying” that Señor Cristobal will be the savior that everyone says he is. I really hope for yall sake that he wants to leave Oregon even if they make the playoffs this season, because if this BOT can’t hire him I’m 10,000% sure their next choice will be remarkably worse.

But either way this is exactly what this program deserves, the negligence that has taken place at Miami has been nothing but criminal & because of it this program is Dead. We’re not ever going to turn this thing around until the people who make the decisions at the top & control the money either die off or for once hand over the program to someone who actually gives a **** about Miami athletics being successful.

The rich laissez-faire country club atmosphere that has permeated this program for the last 20 years is the cancer that has plagued this school for so long, the BOT ought to be ashamed of themselves. I know they don’t care, but eventually they’ll regret killing this program when the fans all out revolt & stop giving a **** just like them.

Miami is 5-5 with 2 more games left, I believe we’ll finish 7-5 or 6-6 & lose whatever bowl game we make. And that’s the perfect cherry on top to finally end the Diaz era.

Fire Frenkenstein, Fire Snake Lames & Fire Miaz.

Spot on like always! Mario or bust. Bring in a real AD! GET BLAKE James the **** out of the building!

Advertisement
Terrible game/season but why is everything on here always the coaches fault? Been that way since Coker. Have they all been that bad? At what point do we blame the kids?

Kid misses a tackle, coaches fault for not teaching it. Kid turns it over, coaches fault for lack of focus. Kid in the wrong place, coaches fault for scheme being to hard to understand. Kid straight gets beat or can't beat his man, coaches fault for bad play call. And my favorite, kid gets a penalty, coaches fault for lack of discipline/leadership. The reason this is my favorite is because I have been a fan long enough to remember when we thrived on penalties. Don't remember anyone saying those late 80's early 90's teams didn't have discipline/leadership. Cotton Bowl against Texas being a prime example, everyone loved that.

Look at the coaches you want and their record in their first 3 seasons as a head coach and tell me how it is different. It's not. I am not saying I think Manny is the answer, I don't know if he is or not. But the coaches you all keep mentioning were no better than where he is and they were not learning on the job at a program like Miami. Even Saban's record at Michigan St was very similar to Manny's here. No one's first head coaching job should be at Miami but that is what has happened with Coker, Shannon, and Diaz. Richt fell into our lap or it probably would have been another 1st time guy.

We are an academic school now and have been since the move to the ACC. No other reason to move into this conference. It is time to lower expectations or find another team. We are not going back to the glory days anytime soon and the quicker we as fans realize that and quit calling for people's jobs after 1-2 years the quicker we can get some stability back and maybe get back where we want to be.

Lastly, and this is a serious question and not taking a shot at anyone on here. There is a lot of good insight on here and good conversations about the school, recruiting, players, scheme, etc. But here is my question for @Cribby , @Liberty City El , and other who offer insight and break down the games and plays: What are your qualifications, credentials, history with the game? If you are not coaching at a high level, why not? You all point out a lot of faults with our scheme and coaches so what keeps you from coaching at the collegiate level?

I coach high school baseball so I do not feel qualified to call out college football coaches for their scheme, play calling, etc. They are coaching high level college football and I am coaching high school baseball for a reason. And I know as a coach the losses always fall on us and the wins on the kid. Just curious what qualifications everyone else has.

If that’s what u got from that game, then so be it. The fact we had to come from behind & it was us who let those bozos stay in the game after we seized control is more of an indictment on us, than them.
Rell, that’s one of the same guys screaming FSU sucks and we held this team and that team below their average and blah blah blah. Now look at what he’s saying LOL! What a joke.

Fact is, outside of Bama, and MAYBE UNC, no other team is as talented as us. We beat App State by two points! And had to reply on a TF kicker to win the game on a 50+ yard kick. I was at the game. The fans there, myself included were not happy. Diaz is a joke. I tried to be optimistic and hopeful when he was hired, but I’m done. This man revamped the whole offensive side, and now its the defense holding us back. HIS DEFENSE. And the penalties? Not even getting started on that.

I give you a lot of credit for putting this together. I'm absolutely disgusted. Cooper came to play, as you predicted, but that defense had a bunch of other holes we could have taken advantage of more consistently. We came out unprepared and arrogant, which is weird because we're not good enough for that. On defense, forget about it. We allowed the college version of the Delaware Wing-T to keep us off balance for entirely too long. Like you said, this is a reflection of leadership. Our coach was wildly flailing in celebration for like 2/5ths of the game. What the actual ****.
It’s about time you come out of hidding and provide us with some commentary! But great points

Advertisement
Terrible game/season but why is everything on here always the coaches fault? Been that way since Coker. Have they all been that bad? At what point do we blame the kids?

Kid misses a tackle, coaches fault for not teaching it. Kid turns it over, coaches fault for lack of focus. Kid in the wrong place, coaches fault for scheme being to hard to understand. Kid straight gets beat or can't beat his man, coaches fault for bad play call. And my favorite, kid gets a penalty, coaches fault for lack of discipline/leadership. The reason this is my favorite is because I have been a fan long enough to remember when we thrived on penalties. Don't remember anyone saying those late 80's early 90's teams didn't have discipline/leadership. Cotton Bowl against Texas being a prime example, everyone loved that.

Look at the coaches you want and their record in their first 3 seasons as a head coach and tell me how it is different. It's not. I am not saying I think Manny is the answer, I don't know if he is or not. But the coaches you all keep mentioning were no better than where he is and they were not learning on the job at a program like Miami. Even Saban's record at Michigan St was very similar to Manny's here. No one's first head coaching job should be at Miami but that is what has happened with Coker, Shannon, and Diaz. Richt fell into our lap or it probably would have been another 1st time guy.

We are an academic school now and have been since the move to the ACC. No other reason to move into this conference. It is time to lower expectations or find another team. We are not going back to the glory days anytime soon and the quicker we as fans realize that and quit calling for people's jobs after 1-2 years the quicker we can get some stability back and maybe get back where we want to be.

Lastly, and this is a serious question and not taking a shot at anyone on here. There is a lot of good insight on here and good conversations about the school, recruiting, players, scheme, etc. But here is my question for @Cribby , @Liberty City El , and other who offer insight and break down the games and plays: What are your qualifications, credentials, history with the game? If you are not coaching at a high level, why not? You all point out a lot of faults with our scheme and coaches so what keeps you from coaching at the collegiate level?

I coach high school baseball so I do not feel qualified to call out college football coaches for their scheme, play calling, etc. They are coaching high level college football and I am coaching high school baseball for a reason. And I know as a coach the losses always fall on us and the wins on the kid. Just curious what qualifications everyone else has.
a lot of folks talk out of both sides of their mouths so they will post about how bad the coaches are than post on player bash threads.

Embarrassing all around
He was obviously flustered and had no idea what to do, pure incompetence

I give you a lot of credit for putting this together. I'm absolutely disgusted. Cooper came to play, as you predicted, but that defense had a bunch of other holes we could have taken advantage of more consistently. We came out unprepared and arrogant, which is weird because we're not good enough for that. On defense, forget about it. We allowed the college version of the Delaware Wing-T to keep us off balance for entirely too long. Like you said, this is a reflection of leadership. Our coach was wildly flailing in celebration for like 2/5ths of the game. What the actual ****.
You were shocked this team came out thinking they are champions after winning a couple games? LMAO. That is a Diaz led team. It’s all bark and no bite. It was embarrassing to see our guys yapping and overly celebrating down 17-0 like FSU didn’t deserve to be on the same field all while they are beating our ***. The sheer lack of awareness on all levels is beyond delusional.
Get this clown out of here ASAP.

Advertisement
Back