My Post Game Recap: FSU

You were shocked this team came out thinking they are champions after winning a couple games? LMAO. That is a Diaz led team. It’s all bark and no bite. It was embarrassing to see our guys yapping and overly celebrating down 17-0 like FSU didn’t deserve to be on the same field all while they are beating our ***. The sheer lack of awareness on all levels is beyond delusional.
Get this clown out of here ASAP.
I didn't express I was shocked. I just have consistently, and this goes back to the UNC loss in his first HC season, find it really weird how little self-awareness our leadership has.

Advertisement
We came out flat - clearly Diaz can't prepare a team at practice OR in the locker room to play. Lashlee's constant dive & counter runs don't work. Teams are prepared. Time to move on

Terrible game/season but why is everything on here always the coaches fault? Been that way since Coker. Have they all been that bad? At what point do we blame the kids?

Kid misses a tackle, coaches fault for not teaching it. Kid turns it over, coaches fault for lack of focus. Kid in the wrong place, coaches fault for scheme being to hard to understand. Kid straight gets beat or can't beat his man, coaches fault for bad play call. And my favorite, kid gets a penalty, coaches fault for lack of discipline/leadership. The reason this is my favorite is because I have been a fan long enough to remember when we thrived on penalties. Don't remember anyone saying those late 80's early 90's teams didn't have discipline/leadership. Cotton Bowl against Texas being a prime example, everyone loved that.

Look at the coaches you want and their record in their first 3 seasons as a head coach and tell me how it is different. It's not. I am not saying I think Manny is the answer, I don't know if he is or not. But the coaches you all keep mentioning were no better than where he is and they were not learning on the job at a program like Miami. Even Saban's record at Michigan St was very similar to Manny's here. No one's first head coaching job should be at Miami but that is what has happened with Coker, Shannon, and Diaz. Richt fell into our lap or it probably would have been another 1st time guy.

We are an academic school now and have been since the move to the ACC. No other reason to move into this conference. It is time to lower expectations or find another team. We are not going back to the glory days anytime soon and the quicker we as fans realize that and quit calling for people's jobs after 1-2 years the quicker we can get some stability back and maybe get back where we want to be.

Lastly, and this is a serious question and not taking a shot at anyone on here. There is a lot of good insight on here and good conversations about the school, recruiting, players, scheme, etc. But here is my question for @Cribby , @Liberty City El , and other who offer insight and break down the games and plays: What are your qualifications, credentials, history with the game? If you are not coaching at a high level, why not? You all point out a lot of faults with our scheme and coaches so what keeps you from coaching at the collegiate level?

I coach high school baseball so I do not feel qualified to call out college football coaches for their scheme, play calling, etc. They are coaching high level college football and I am coaching high school baseball for a reason. And I know as a coach the losses always fall on us and the wins on the kid. Just curious what qualifications everyone else has.
These are his kids. He’s the f’ing HBC of a D1 program making $4mil/year. It’s ALL on him.

This like many games coached by manny was horrible. Unprepared and obviously having no gameplan is the norm. Asslee was equally as bad with no coherent plan of attack against a terrible defense.

On top of all of that our tackling was miserable and TVD has all the flaws I’ve pointed out before with poor mechanics and a tendency to be impatient against 2 high. Key smiff was bad bad bad and was weak start to finish. Even our “stud” defenders look like manny players already. For the love of god end this misery and not just clean house but burn the house down
I get your point, but your trippin' on TVD. People said he wasn't it, then he's the man, and now he's not?

The fact is he's a rsh freshman QB that played his 1st rivalry game on the road. He was a little off, but he didn't lose his composure.

The truth is that there weren't many easy throws as most WRs were blanketed. You have to give credit to the FSU staff for preparing their players well. Their secondary isn't very good, but they played lights out. They knew our route tree and I wouldn't be surprised if they were stealing our play calling signs.

It sucks losing to them, but let this be a lesson to our young men to not take your opponent lightly and prepare yourself mentally.

We were not mentally prepared to match FSU's intensity early in the game with more poor tackling and penalties. The team settled down in the 3rd and 4th quarters. However, the things that have plagued us all year showed itself in the end. The offense couldn't save the defense. It shouldn't have had to.

Advertisement
Terrible game/season but why is everything on here always the coaches fault? Been that way since Coker. Have they all been that bad? At what point do we blame the kids?

Kid misses a tackle, coaches fault for not teaching it. Kid turns it over, coaches fault for lack of focus. Kid in the wrong place, coaches fault for scheme being to hard to understand. Kid straight gets beat or can't beat his man, coaches fault for bad play call. And my favorite, kid gets a penalty, coaches fault for lack of discipline/leadership. The reason this is my favorite is because I have been a fan long enough to remember when we thrived on penalties. Don't remember anyone saying those late 80's early 90's teams didn't have discipline/leadership. Cotton Bowl against Texas being a prime example, everyone loved that.

Look at the coaches you want and their record in their first 3 seasons as a head coach and tell me how it is different. It's not. I am not saying I think Manny is the answer, I don't know if he is or not. But the coaches you all keep mentioning were no better than where he is and they were not learning on the job at a program like Miami. Even Saban's record at Michigan St was very similar to Manny's here. No one's first head coaching job should be at Miami but that is what has happened with Coker, Shannon, and Diaz. Richt fell into our lap or it probably would have been another 1st time guy.

We are an academic school now and have been since the move to the ACC. No other reason to move into this conference. It is time to lower expectations or find another team. We are not going back to the glory days anytime soon and the quicker we as fans realize that and quit calling for people's jobs after 1-2 years the quicker we can get some stability back and maybe get back where we want to be.

Lastly, and this is a serious question and not taking a shot at anyone on here. There is a lot of good insight on here and good conversations about the school, recruiting, players, scheme, etc. But here is my question for @Cribby , @Liberty City El , and other who offer insight and break down the games and plays: What are your qualifications, credentials, history with the game? If you are not coaching at a high level, why not? You all point out a lot of faults with our scheme and coaches so what keeps you from coaching at the collegiate level?

I coach high school baseball so I do not feel qualified to call out college football coaches for their scheme, play calling, etc. They are coaching high level college football and I am coaching high school baseball for a reason. And I know as a coach the losses always fall on us and the wins on the kid. Just curious what qualifications everyone else has.
I get what you’re saying and some of it has to fall on the players. The penalties are from being undisciplined and knowing there is no consequences from the coaching staff.
The penalties from those teams from the 80s and 90s more from emotions and not so much mental mistakes and back then if you screwed up there were consequences.
On paper we have better talent than just about every team we play. Yet we go out and underperform yearly. Right or wrong it starts at the top the team is a reflection of the coaches.
You don’t have to be a college coach to see this is not a well coached team. Just my two cents.

You’re just a negative hater bro
Appreciate that my guy!

And I hate that this program is doing this to our fans, sh*t is so sad man, I felt the same way earlier this year.
Are we good at any sport anymore? Is not only the football program but anything related to the UM athletic department is just bad! This is so sad!

I said earlier in the week we needed to start off running, get a few 5+ yard gains in a couple drives to stay ahead of the chains. They were going to be sure we didn't beat them early throwing, but TVD pressed to carry the team and thus the turnovers. Once he settled in, he was fine, but Laishley could settled him in with some quick outs when the run was working.

43 yards rushing is abysmal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back