My Post Game Recap - Duke

Advertisement
Great post but you provide fuel to the mope fire when you crown Lashlee and disregard Baker. Was he not there? Did he not travel?

Advertisement
In the most meaning less stat ever Duke had the ball over 32 minutes So they averaged 5.5 yards a minute

Kill shot was Tyson-esque.

200.gif

Advertisement
Also, Chaney is the real deal. That kid is going to rack up a lot of yards, tds and wins as a Cane, then move on to a great NFL career. Love, love, love the way he just bullies through defenders.
To be honest....I use him sparingly the rest of the yr to Heel that shoulder...I'm not saying shut him down...but give Cam & Knighton the brunt....Chaney is waayyyy to valuable...Kid is the truth....(p.s....he looks for contact alot...hence the shoulder worries)

Best thing about the whole game was how disciplined the defense was able to play while still being aggressive and making plays in the backfield. Guys were staying home and playing their assignments instead of chasing misdirection. By far the best game for the linebackers all year. Coincidentally, McCloud didn’t play...

Good to see big 55 out there on the O line. His conditioning isn’t there to play full time yet but he was a difference maker in run blocking. Actually seeing a Miami guard shove people around and make some Duke-berry pancakes was really good.

Advertisement
I personally thought Keontra Smith and Corey Flagg really stood out for their play. They were solid! And Flagg gave one of the better sideline to sideline games we’ve had in a while.
Are you dudes buying into Amari Carter as our best safety yet? Dude tackles really well when he’s not trying to demoralize souls. I trust him the most coming up on these screens, though bolden is also really good at it. But Carter stops people in their tracks when he hits them. And I’m willing to take my chances.
I’ll admit it, I expected us to sleep walk through that game. But we really put it on em. Good job all the way around.

Advertisement
Best thing about the whole game was how disciplined the defense was able to play while still being aggressive and making plays in the backfield. Guys were staying home and playing their assignments instead of chasing misdirection. By far the best game for the linebackers all year. Coincidentally, McCloud didn’t play...

Good to see big 55 out there on the O line. His conditioning isn’t there to play full time yet but he was a difference maker in run blocking. Actually seeing a Miami guard shove people around and make some Duke-berry pancakes was really good.
Speaking of discipline, did you see Amari Carter’s play tonight....and he didn’t get thrown out for targeting. Someone taught him how to play football and not just be a heat seeking missile. It was amazing.

Posted in the wrong thread (twice) bc of my phone, but...

Its pretty clear we were banged up the past few games.

The conferences might want to consider 2 to 3 week layoffs on a permanent basis. It'd definitely increase the quality of Play.

Thanks LCE for your writeup. Solid win for sure. Who cares about the opponent. It's about what your team does and to shoutout a team is **** impressive! Matter of fact, I heard the last time UM shoutout an opponent was almost 20 years ago!

What are your thoughts with the interior OL going forward? Thought Donaldson looked pretty good being that he's not played this year. Man, if he can just get his weight down somewhat he'd be a force inside.

What happened to Pope?

Advertisement
Back