My Player Evaluations(Long)

blackvern

All-ACC
Banned
First off I would like to apologize for the Yearby suspended thread... As most of you know I work in the Dade County Public School System and I also work part time for ASA College in Miami. Working at ASA I am privied to information since I'm in contact with MANY high school coaches. I aint ever lied. high school coaches who love & live through Yearby told me he was facing a 2-3 game suspension over the summer. Something went on but whatever just glad he is playing because he is clearly our best player on offense. Feel free to chime in

After mowing the lawn this morning I rewatched this game heres my player evals.

I dont ever focus on OLineman unless they give up a sack so Ill leave that position alone

Kayaa- Looked much more accurate in the second half. His WR screens take too long to get outside. That eight of a second longer that it takes put the WR at a disadvantage. If were gonna run that type of offense, He needs to gun that ball out the air and stop playing with it. He cannot throw on the run or at least rolling to the left he looked soooo uncomfortable that one hopper to Waters was embarassin. He is purely a pocket passer. We need to incorporate more play action. B-

Yearby- Was never a burner and with the weight gain I dont see a loss of explosion or speed. Change of direction is elite. Vision is Elite... Hands are Elite.... He should be in on every 3rd down and be the primary target. They we are gonna need him and use him he wouldnt survve the season at 185. A

Walton- Runs hard, stronger than I thought he would be more athletic than I thought he would be but he still lacks explosion and those runs he gets to the outside against Bethune and FAU will get demolished against FBS players he simply does not have the speed to turn the corner. His hands are elite I would like to see him catch more passes out of the backfield also. He scored 3 TD's and picked up a fumble on the goal line and scored so he is a football player glad to have him, but 3.0 yards per carry on 14 carries against a horrible defense is unacceptable, WHy he is at KR baffles me he is not a KRC

Gray- Athletically are most gifted RB after Gus.. Shows Explosion no other RB does... coaches dont trust him yet but believe me he will have to play a pivotal role this year because either Yearby or Walton are bound to miss some time during the season. He better catch on quick.

Waters- 4.3 40 but has no wiggle to create separation from CB's doesnt know how to set up CB's It must be his route running thats sub par. I like his hands and concentration when the ball is in the air. Yea he had 100 yards but dont think he can be a complete receiver for us. Send him deep and thats it. $th year and he shows me very little. its easily understood why Berrios got PT over him.Ill give him one more game and then he is in JAG territory. C-

R. Scott- Knows how to play the position just not the most gifted WR, If the ball is not going to Yearby or Walton on 3rd down throw it to him."C"

M.Lewis- JAG

Crawford- Get this guy out of my face. Quintessential Shannon type player always around the ball but to slow and small to make plays picked up a fumble but the guy runs a 5.05 40. He will be exposed in future games "D-"

R.Jenkins- Ball Hawk and is hitting harder this year..Looks faster and more explosive. Yet got less snaps then Crawford MAde every play arouund him A+

Carter- Why is he playing behind Crawford? A+ just for that hit.. Phucking Savage I dont care if he is occasionally out of position he makes plays starting SS folks

Bush- Makes plays whenever hes in the game nice blitz from the side for the sack B+

Burns- Reminds me of Demarcus Van Dyke- Always right with the WR but never making plays he should make Trouble finding the ball..Yea he got an INT..but i think he needs to get stronger. He should be more dominant. B

Elder- Best corner on our roster by far and he aint from Dade. Read every play and screen perfectly they were scared to throw to his side. Best tackler he needs to gain about 5 pounds of muscle so he last all season . He gone after this year A

Howard- Better suited to play slot corner. He is very good tho.. Got out muscled a few times by bigger stronger WR's but played good.If we stopped putting LB's at Corner maybe he could get more PT Donofrio you disgust me. B

Kirby- :monkey-serious: F

Grace- underwhelmed me inside....if were gonna line up a LB on the WR it needs to be him..He is best at covering the WR and RB out the backfield, whiffed on a blitz he has to play better with D. OWens out C

Gayot- Looked a little lost on some plays but he is just moving to LB I fully expect that..I like his future at LB He will get better C

McCord- Best when going after the QB he has that knack, had a few nice pressures, yet we continually drop him in coverage :U5PyXda: Got stood up on the line by a 160 pound reciever but I feel he is coached up to do that to read and react..More 2 gap scheming ***** my life C

AQ- He threw a few players to the side hit the QB's arm and Jenkins got an int. When they let him loose...awww ***** it Im trying to make myself care but i cant do it anymore...just fire GOldne already

At least FSU is looking ****** too

Last edited:
Advertisement
What about Kamalu? Did he even register a tackle last night? Chad clearly is the better player and it's not even close. But our coaches have to send their "messages" I suppose.

Didn't get to see the game but have to agree about Burns. It has been that way since his first day. Dude covers lift a frigging glove but doesn't get the head aroung to see the ball.

Advertisement
These guys are taught to engage blockers and they have a hard time shedding. Are they taught to stand up the offense guys before shedding? It's fuggin ridiculous

For the life of me, I don't understand how Crawford is starting and getting a majority of the snaps between himself and Carter, Jenkins, and Bush.

- Can't tackle in the open field
- Slow
- Takes extremely poor angles which led to some explosive plays for FAU last night.

For the life of me, I don't understand how Crawford is starting and getting a majority of the snaps between himself and Carter, Jenkins, and Bush.

- Can't tackle in the open field
- Slow
- Takes extremely poor angles which led to some explosive plays for FAU last night.

HE doesnt take poor agles he is just slow and gets beat to the spot, and his tackling consists of diving into their ankles and or knees...He is a beast on special teams though. I remember the most hilarious thing is when he got here Golden tried to put him at corner..even he ws laughing

Advertisement
I love it these kids are gonna have to inspite of this coaching staff on offense and defense. 3rd and 1 at the 8 yard line and we in a shotgun just dumb!!!

These guys are taught to engage blockers and they have a hard time shedding. Are they taught to stand up the offense guys before shedding? It's fuggin ridiculous

I see them rushing the qb by pushing the oline backwards instead of trying to get around them, so it appears they are told to do this. Against FAU they were at times stood up with no push at all, and it was difficult to watch as their qb had all night to throw.

It looks like the same stuff from last year. I was hoping to see more shooting between the gaps this year. It is disappointing.

Most dissapointing were the receivers, who play after play did not shed db coverage, especially the TE position.

I love it these kids are gonna have to inspite of this coaching staff on offense and defense. 3rd and 1 at the 8 yard line and we in a shotgun just dumb!!!

I thought the same thing!!! So often we are out thinking ourselves. Shame the decisions that are being made.

Advertisement
route running has looked worse with beard as the wr coach. i mean it's looked as bad as i've seen it under golden. guys run lazy unpolished routes. find it hard to believe coaches didn't notice this in spring

I see them rushing the qb by pushing the oline backwards instead of trying to get around them, so it appears they are told to do this. Against FAU they were at times stood up with no push at all, and it was difficult to watch as their qb had all night to throw.

It looks like the same stuff from last year. I was hoping to see more shooting between the gaps this year. It is disappointing.

Kamalu and a couple others only resort to bull rushes.

Advertisement
Kamalu might be the most disruptive dl we have. It's just all bull rush like someone stated.

I highly doubt Crawford play time dwindles unless injury....he is. A smart kid and can line up the defense...their going fro leave him out there. Right now in the first two games...Jenkins/bush combo looks good....

Wr's ain't on beard. This is the slowest group we've had in awhile. Guarantee our farthest wr right now is a legit mid 4.5 guy. Mark it down

sorry man, I only see Kamalu as woefully ineffective. He's slow, has minimal pass rushing moves, etc

Kamalu might be the most disruptive dl we have. It's just all bull rush like someone stated.

I highly doubt Crawford play time dwindles unless injury....he is. A smart kid and can line up the defense...their going fro leave him out there. Right now in the first two games...Jenkins/bush combo looks good....

Wr's ain't on beard. This is the slowest group we've had in awhile. Guarantee our farthest wr right now is a legit mid 4.5 guy. Mark it down

So he's the Glenn Cook of safeties? I kid, I kid

As for our WR unit, I'd like to see what this unit does with Stacy Coley( IMO, he's the most pivotal guy on this unit)

Advertisement
Back