My (pipe)dream scenario

1) Richt retires, takes either no buyout or only a partial one, saves us money.

2) We retain Manny either as DC or promote him to HC to keep him...he's going to get HC offers, and just about everything good we've seen the past 3 years has been predicated off of his ideas and defense. Think about it - turnover chain was his idea, we have a top 3 defense statistically, the guys playing with the most passion are on his side of the ball, he's the polar opposite of Richt personality-wise - fiery and passionate. He's had the most success at Miami out of all of his coaching stops...he's got the right mentality to coach here.

Yes - I know he has zero HC experience, but that might be the only way we keep him this offseason, because it's almost a sure thing that people will come calling with HC jobs for him to interview for. Even if we hire another HC, I think we ought to find a guy that wants to keep Manny as DC.

3) Assuming we follow through with the above, give either Manny or the next guy enough money to hire a guy like Manny on the offensive side of the ball. Someone who can do like Manny did - get hired as OC, bring in his own guys as assistants with the option to retain any of the current guys if they want.

Does this mean Briles/Yost/Dorsey/someone else? No idea. I just feel that if we gave Manny or the next HC that directive, they would find us someone that could be dangerous and innovative on that side of the ball. Manny for sure would not encumbered by the ego/hangups that Richt has offensively - Manny would want an offense that will put up points just as well as his defense keeps them off the board, period.

- So...yes, I know this is a pipedream, thus the thread name. That being said, it isn't realistic. Richt won't retire of his own volition, he'd have to be forced out or fired. He wouldn't leave money on the table to help us for the next staff either - so a reduced/no buyout wouldn't happen. Hiring Manny would probably have most of the fanbase up in arms because of his lack of HC experience. Also - it's not like we could dictate to the next HC that they'd have to keep Manny. I know all of these things are next to impossible. Too many variables that would have to fall exactly the right way.

A man can dream, though...especially if y'all can keep saying Bring Back Butch or Kendal to Kendall.

E74FC099-CF1B-4192-A3E0-7269780F8B52.gif

POY @njstateofmind

Advertisement
clair·voy·ant
/ˌklerˈvoiənt/
noun

1. 1.
    a person who claims to have a supernatural ability to perceive events in the future or beyond normal sensory contact.
    synonyms:psychic, fortune teller, crystal gazer; More

adjective

1. 1.
    having or exhibiting an ability to perceive events in the future or beyond normal sensory contact.
    "he didn't tell me about it and I'm not clairvoyant"

Advertisement
So the OP was mainly wrong about Richt retiring and walking away from his buyout, hence the pipe dream. All it took was Richt to be a stand up guy and prove he is all Cane. Now, had UNC fired Fedora before this post, he may have even got the OC part right!

Think we should bring in BWCD as our offensive coordinator... clearly a real forward thinker and should be able to jump start this offense
Air Raid w/an H-Back. Route combos that give easy completions for the QB. Takes pressure of the OL by getting the ball out quickly. Still able to run the ball.

There's my philosophy...I'll collect my check shortly as soon as Manny calls. Thanks. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back