My opinion on the difference between ACC and SEC, your thoughts welcome!

troyskiles

[]_[] Forever
#1. I am a die hard Canes fan. :11263272045-489f4f7972-o: I love our Canes and I am as optimistic as most fans about our Canes, but I am also realistic.
#2. This is my point, what differences do you notice when watching an ACC game and an SEC game? Canes fan, but also love SEC football. It is just good.

4 Things I notice, and I want to hear what you notice when watching ACC and SEC football games and see if you agree.

1. SEC gets much deeper talent than the ACC, this is know by most. More 5* and 4* than the ACC, I would think. Perception of top SEC teams, recent history of Natty's and of course $$$, and these kids nowadays wanting to win a championship, no hometown love anymore, just let me take the easy route to winning a Natty and move on to the NFL.

2. SEC players ALWAYS play to gain yards and not go down. ACC, a lot of times, players seem to fetal up and not want to lay that wood to the opponent and lay him out. SEC players (all of them) will usually lay it to your *** if you take them on, ACC is not *** likely. We need to change this **** asap. We need to get 1 yard out of a 3 yard loss.

3. The confidence and look of "We don't give a fvck who you are, we are going to beat your ***." SEC teams always act and look like they belong and know they belong, even if it is Ole ****. Ole **** ain't skeered of Baga.

4.The love of SEC football runs much deeper than the ACC. Let's face it, they just show up more, every game, than we do. No brainer.

Thoughts on how we get to the SEC level, can we ever?

Advertisement
i

🤮🤮🤮

Advertisement
Advertisement
#1. I am a die hard Canes fan. :11263272045-489f4f7972-o: I love our Canes and I am as optimistic as most fans about our Canes, but I am also realistic.
#2. This is my point, what differences do you notice when watching an ACC game and an SEC game? Canes fan, but also love SEC football. It is just good.

4 Things I notice, and I want to hear what you notice when watching ACC and SEC football games and see if you agree.

1. SEC gets much deeper talent than the ACC, this is know by most. More 5* and 4* than the ACC, I would think. Perception of top SEC teams, recent history of Natty's and of course $$$, and these kids nowadays wanting to win a championship, no hometown love anymore, just let me take the easy route to winning a Natty and move on to the NFL.

2. SEC players ALWAYS play to gain yards and not go down. ACC, a lot of times, players seem to fetal up and not want to lay that wood to the opponent and lay him out. SEC players (all of them) will usually lay it to your *** if you take them on, ACC is not *** likely. We need to change this **** asap. We need to get 1 yard out of a 3 yard loss.

3. The confidence and look of "We don't give a fvck who you are, we are going to beat your ***." SEC teams always act and look like they belong and know they belong, even if it is Ole ****. Ole **** ain't skeered of Baga.

4.The love of SEC football runs much deeper than the ACC. Let's face it, they just show up more, every game, than we do. No brainer.

Thoughts on how we get to the SEC level, can we ever?
Here’s what I see/saw…

1. Clemson certainly matches up against the top two teams in the SEC, but I’m not real sure where the rest of the conferences line up. I saw UM get dominated by AL in the first week, but do we expect Aub to do better in week 15? Point being, it’s easy to take a mismatch and declare a certainty, but if Clemson dominated UF the same way, would you feel the same?

2. As for playing to gain yards, it’s true there are teams that seemingly go full throttle every play, but largely because the depth and competition for playing time allows for it. So yes, AL looked different then us, but suggesting the entire conference plays differently then say the Big 10 is just absurd.

3. AL is certainly ****y, and rightfully so, but the rest of the SEC, including GA and TX AM, understand every opponent can be a challenge.

4. The ACC is a basketball conference first. Always has been and always will be. That said, you bring AL down to UM and I dare say you‘d feel differently. Much like the ND game, we’d rock the house, and while fewer seats, the volume would be equal or superior as if we played at their house.

Bottom line, the SEC has some good teams, great fans, and definitely are in the top 2 conferences in the NCAAF. But we’re not as far off as you may think, and would only take the reemergence of UM, FSU, or even VT to again solidify our place in that conversation. So fret not, the conference is moving forward and with any luck, it will be us that surges ahead.

The SEC programs simply care more. The admin, the Fans and especially the Boosters. It is all about the Football programs and they put any amount of money into it, including paying coaches better. The top of the SEC would never have hired or put up with Shannon, Golden or Manny.

As others have said, there is a lot of dead weigh in the SEC that no one likes to talk about. OSU, Clemson and others need to start scheduling Miss St, Vandy, Kentucky.

ESPN has been shilling or the SEC for years and will continue to do so. They have as much interest as the programs to keep SEC schools highly ranked. They are crooks and the talking heads know the truth but are pushing the agenda anyway.

And as stated the ACC is basketball first. But let's be fair, they expected Miami to carry the torch and Miami has not held up their half of the bargain and are instead taking the easy path and collecting checks. If I were the ACC I would be mad at Miami too.

If the other conferences do not get serious they are going to find themselves looking in from the outside. I hope they figure it out because I am done if ESPN and the SEC become one in their super league.

Advertisement
SEC in terms of talent:
UGA
Bama
drop off
UF
top 25ers
LSU, aTm, Auburn

That would be 6 teams with talent around Miami or better.

The ACC has Clemson (around UFs), Miami (top 25ers), UNC, FSU... drop off.

The real issue isn't the SEC today but the SEC with OU and Texas. Will the Alliance mean anything? Can they produce the revenue needed to help the other conferences compete with the SEC? Will the 16-team SEC cannibalize itself? Assuming the CFP goes to 8 teams, will the SEC get 3 of 8 most years? Sure looks like it BUT that also means more SEC vs SEC CFP games which really doesn't help the CFP or SEC.

The SEC programs simply care more. The admin, the Fans and especially the Boosters. It is all about the Football programs and they put any amount of money into it, including paying coaches better. The top of the SEC would never have hired or put up with Shannon, Golden or Manny.

As others have said, there is a lot of dead weigh in the SEC that no one likes to talk about. OSU, Clemson and others need to start scheduling Miss St, Vandy, Kentucky.

ESPN has been shilling or the SEC for years and will continue to do so. They have as much interest as the programs to keep SEC schools highly ranked. They are crooks and the talking heads know the truth but are pushing the agenda anyway.

And as stated the ACC is basketball first. But let's be fair, they expected Miami to carry the torch and Miami has not held up their half of the bargain and are instead taking the easy path and collecting checks. If I were the ACC I would be mad at Miami too.

If the other conferences do not get serious they are going to find themselves looking in from the outside. I hope they figure it out because I am done if ESPN and the SEC become one in their super league.

If the ACC REALLY wanted Miami to be good we wouldn’t have to go hundreds and hundreds of snaps defensively without getting holding calls for us.

Advertisement
SEC in terms of talent:
UGA
Bama
drop off
UF
top 25ers
LSU, aTm, Auburn

That would be 6 teams with talent around Miami or better.

The ACC has Clemson (around UFs), Miami (top 25ers), UNC, FSU... drop off.

The real issue isn't the SEC today but the SEC with OU and Texas. Will the Alliance mean anything? Can they produce the revenue needed to help the other conferences compete with the SEC? Will the 16-team SEC cannibalize itself? Assuming the CFP goes to 8 teams, will the SEC get 3 of 8 most years? Sure looks like it BUT that also means more SEC vs SEC CFP games which really doesn't help the CFP or SEC.
LOL, you have UGA up with AL and then a drop off to FL, where you clump Clemson. I forgot UGA has won all those titles recently and Clemson hasn't won since '81....................................

LOL, you have UGA up with AL and then a drop off to FL, where you clump Clemson. I forgot UGA has won all those titles recently and Clemson hasn't won since '81....................................
SEC in terms of talent

Bama - 61 4* kids, 14 5* kids = 75
UGA - 46 4* kids, 19 5* kids = 65
Florida = 51 4*, 6 5* kids = 57
LSU - 43 4* kids, 6 5* kids = 49
aTm - 43 4* kids, 5 5* kids = 48
Auburn - 34 4* kids, 3 5* kids = 37

OSU - 51 4* kids 16 5* kids = 67
OU - 46 4* kids, 7 5* kids = 53
Clemson- 41 4* kids, 10 5* kids = 51

I didn't say UGA does the most with the talent. UGA did beat Clemson so you never know if it will be their year. My money is still on Bama.

SEC get's more talent, and that is a by product of resources. Both University resources and booster resources. The commitment to football is absolute.

Advertisement
Back