My Opinion about this Texas A&M Game

HurricaneAlex

Sophomore
Banned
After this very tough road loss to Texas A&M which Miami really outplayed tonight in every way but in the points category and the stats will certainly prove that, It doesn't shock me that Miami struggled in the red zone tonight because Texas A&M defense is very stacked even without some key players and lets keep it real Miami is a very young team with a new head coach, missing a key player tonight WR Restrepo which lets be honest we cannot afford to be without and that was beyond proven tonight all game long with our receivers dropping passes that should have been easy catches for big yardage that made a HUGE difference in this one. I also feel like Mario needs to be a much more aggressive coach in games because tonight he showed me that he settles way too much I mean kicking FG's all night certainly is not the answer why because it shows you doubt your offense can convert in pressure situations which mentally is not good for our young canes team especially that late game red zone FG that the canes attempted when Miami really needed to go for it was painful to watch to say the least. If Mario keeps being too conservative hate to say it he wont last here long, now to his defense this loss most likely will not affect Miami much since its a out of conference early season road loss that will just affect Miami in the rankings, but hopefully this Canes team overall learned from this loss and can grow from it from now to the end of the season, Miami's goal is still the same win the coastal division some way some how which wont be easy looking at the schedule but this team has the talent to make it happen if they can improve.

My team grades for tonight

Tyler Van Dyke C- Unfortunately lots of his throws were on the money but dropped, no INT's, he did make some bad throws but overall felt he is capable of playing much better and making some better decisions too.

Offense D- Well looking at the stats you would think they should get a higher grade since they literally out gain Texas A&M in passing, rushing yards, total yards, 1st downs and even time of possession but they had more penalties too which is a big no no in big movements in the game as well that we could not afford to have, also red zone struggle was beyond bad to say the least and well no TD's.

Defense A- They kept a struggling Miami Offense in this game all night literally.

Special Team F+ Huge early game fumble when Miami had the momentum gave Texas A&M the ball and lead for good, also several big missed FG's easily is one of the main reason Miami lost this one.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back