My observations

P-Tizzle

All ACC
Premium
This is what I saw from the offense:

1. Chaney Jr over Cam. Neither RBs were good or great but Chaney looked better and had better results. Miami was not going to win this game but effort and results should be used to set future depth charts. If Cam cries, let him walk.

2. Our strength is 4 wide (Rambo, Smith, Restrepo, and Mallory) (Harley is injured, IDK the severity).

3. The right side of the OL struggled. Scaife wasn't very good and Donaldson just simply whiffs on blocks. From my perspective, Zion and Oluwaseun played the best. Rivers was okay. OL is better than last year, they just aren't CFP good.

4. I know TVD was thrown in the game, I just didn't see anything that said, "Yep, he's got IT". IDK, he just doesn't pass the eye-test.

5. Lashlee isn't an ace offensive coordinator. Is he good? Yeah, against FSU, UL, and NC State. But against UNC and Clemons (in the ACC only), he leaves a lot to be desired.

This is what I saw from the defense:

1. James Wiliams was in on every play no matter if it was passing or running when he was on the field. He easily stands out.

2. Gurvan Hall lost his starting job to Kinchens. We play App St. next week, no excuse for James W. and Kinchens not to play ALOT.

3. LB play is bad to awful. Steed and Jennings Jr in particular have done nothing in a Hurricane uniform but for whatever reason, they take the most snaps.

4. DJ Ivey is awful too. Alabama targeted him and they had major success.

5. DL was impressive when the game was out of hand. Chantz and Jordan Miller played well. Harrison-Hunte is very good. Harvey, McCloud, and Deandra J., were never factors.

Next week:

A true spread attack with Chaney as the RB

James Williams, Kinchens, Couch, Tyrique, and Frierson in the secondary. Chantz and Harrison-Hunte on the DL.

Good news: Miami still played better than UNC and Virginia Tech. They SHOULD win the coastal and go to ACCCG. I said SHOULD.

Advertisement
Advertisement
How do y'all feel about the defensive play calling itself? Interested to see.

Agreed on pretty much everything. If Lashlee comes out with this same approach the rest of the year, we are in trouble. I thought he’d be good enough to scheme some success early but he coached scared and called a game like we were making Bama punt all game.

Agreed on pretty much everything. If Lashlee comes out with this same approach the rest of the year, we are in trouble. I thought he’d be good enough to scheme some success early but he coached scared and called a game like we were making Bama punt all game.
I thought we came out very good and I was excited. King rolled out, was accurate, and was hitting Mallory and Rambo for good gains. But then Lashlee went 2020 Lashlee and ran three straight dives.

Advertisement
I thought we came out very good and I was excited. King rolled out, was accurate, and was hitting Mallory and Rambo for good gains. But then Lashlee went 2020 Lashlee and ran three straight dives.
he doesn't trust king. I realized that when I saw how he let kosi sling it against ok state.

King does not impress me at all.
Hall and Ivey are who we thought they were, pedestrian to poor players. Both are slow and
Diaz soft zone makes it so easy for a young QB to get settled down and play well. 3rd and 7, our corners backpedal 15 yards. Easy 8 yard completion. Rinse and repeat.

Defense yet again failed to contain, LBers are slow and unathletic.
No reason to believe NC won’t run on us again.

Advertisement
We need to stop the BS and just play our talented players. I'm tired of hearing quote "these young guys have a bring future" then we never play them much in favor our worse players.

44 and 17 shouldn’t touch the field same with 8 can we just dead that experiment now?!? Harris blows and Scaife looks like simple jack out there trying to block. Lashlee leaving for another job??? Maybe a HS head coach if he’s lucky what an awful game plan.

yep. It was like he got amnesia. Until the end of the 2nd Q where it got much better. 3rd Q was pretty good, too. Except the QB keeper on the goal line....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back