My observations from the game and my seats

Miami04

Senior
I am in no way an expert but I watch the sideline closely during the games and here are a few things I saw.
  • After the first td when bc drove down field Jed walked over to the bench and told the entire offense to stand up and get off the bench and cheer for the defense. His hand motions and demeanor made it seem like he was saying "guys we've been over this 100 times, support your teammates"
  • golden was coaching his *** off in most of the game. I haven't seen someone coach like that on a Miami sideline in a very long time.
  • i think it's obvious golden really appreciates everything this senior class did and he respects them all as men. Thats why you didnt see jacory pulled. We were not playing for anything but the sr class so he was going to ride them till the end. And to be honest that is fine with me. Even though we were 6-6 we would have been a lot worse had the seniors not bought in and helped with the transition.
  • bring on 2012. "it's a process"

Advertisement
We were not playing for anything but the sr class so he was going to ride them till the end.

This is a telling statement. "OK guys, we're in a hole, you seniors have 4yrs of experience here, dig us out."

The only guys left really playing at the end were true freshmen.

The fact that Perryman and Chick were 2 of our best 3 players on the field is both alarming and exciting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back