My Manny Post Mortem

ajkreider

Sophomore
Premium
Contrary to many on here, I was a fan of the Manny hire. There were flashes, and the kids played for him all the way to the end. He's a Cane through and through, and anyone who bleeds orange and green will be in my good graces. If I ever see him out and about, he can drink free on me.

That said, it was clear this year that he wasn't the guy. There would be years when we caught lightening in the bottle, and losing seasons when the stars lined up poorly. The following is my synopsis.

Coaching

The good - seemed to be able to make in game adjustments
The bad - team was underprepared often - especially against big names, we started out scared. This year was also the first time we collapsed on a few occassions in the 4th.

Staffing

The good - was able to move on from failed assistants, and brought in better people like TRob and Lash
The bad - seemed to take fliers on people (Baker, Enos).

Recruiting

The good - could put together a good class like last year, but plenty of stinkers in there too. King of the portal.
The bad - really bad at evaluating certain positions. Made the portal the centerpiece, which leads eventually to program collapse.

Results

The good - took us to bowls, winning records.
The bad - losses to teams we should beat. Worst of all is too many close games against bad teams. UVA he gets a pass on because of TVDs first game, but GT shouldn't have been withing 3 scores.

Long story shorter is that we were always going to be just ok. And that's not good enough. Will wish him well in his next endeavor.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Season 8 Wow GIF by The Office

Contrary to many on here, I was a fan of the Manny hire. There were flashes, and the kids played for him all the way to the end. He's a Cane through and through, and anyone who bleeds orange and green will be in my good graces. If I ever see him out and about, he can drink free on me.

That said, it was clear this year that he wasn't the guy. There would be years when we caught lightening in the bottle, and losing seasons when the stars lined up poorly. The following is my synopsis.

Coaching

(Sorry, accidental early publish. Editing now)
Doc Brown GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy
Ytho GIF
Happy Jennifer Lopez GIF by NBC World Of Dance
Y GIF

Last edited:
Advertisement

Coaching

Look, he tried. He actually tried to make changes. The issue was his decisions (outside of Lashlee) were awful. He bet on himself and lost. He wanted to be the cool guy who pounded his chest to live up to The U brand but lacked actual results. He thought social media, corny slogans and dumb tactics would result in success. This job was way over his head and he was never qualified for the job, nor will EVER be qualified. Also, get rid of those stupid fu***** chains.

Advertisement

Coaching

Just delete this and save face, man.

It's over.

Coaching

Was this really necessary? This entire season has been Manny Post Morten. He's been a dead man walking since the Bama game

I really don’t have any feelings for anyone involved.

Manny left Temple in the lurch and left without remorse weeping tears he just left he wasn’t in morning for leaving Temple.

He got fired no remorse.

Nothing personal just business as The Godfather once said.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Coaching

The good - seemed to be able to make in game adjustments
The bad - team was underprepared often - especially against big names, we started out scared. This year was also the first time we collapsed on a few occassions in the 4th.

Staffing

The good - was able to move on from failed assistants, and brought in better people like TRob and Lash
The bad - seemed to take fliers on people (Baker, Enos).

Recruiting

The good - could put together a good class like last year, but plenty of stinkers in there too. King of the portal.
The bad - really bad at evaluating certain positions. Made the portal the centerpiece, which leads eventually to program collapse.

Results

The good - took us to bowls, winning records.
The bad - losses to teams we should beat. Worst of all is too many close games against bad teams. UVA he gets a pass on because of TVDs first game, but GT shouldn't have been withing 3 scores.

Long story shorter is that we were always going to be just ok. And that's not good enough. Will wish him well in his next endeavor.

new phone who manny?

Post Mortem

He came inside...He stunk up the joint....We HAD TO put him back outside.

Now everyone's happy

End of story

Last edited:
Not me. I hated the hire from the jump. I don't think I'm alone in that sentiment. Go back and check the threads from when he was hired. Plenty of us were ****ed.
So you had 0.00001% hope and 99.99999% doubt.

Plenty hated the hire, but still hoped that somehow it would work out at least to get to the ACC championship game.

Now we're talking about that being routine.

Advertisement
Back