My heart won't take it...Please

fraggle

Senile Senior
team, score early and often at Pitt or I just might have another heart attack! Been attending games since the 60's and getting to old to face the cardiac stress of these close games....:U5PyXda: PLEASE!
:sneakiness:

Advertisement
Ah, c’mon. I’ll admit, I was reaching for the amyl nitrate myself, down 28-14. But We won yesterday going away, easy on the ticker.

Told the wife that I couldn't take it and would be down in that basement reading and would come back after the game was over. I taped it so I could watch it later. Didn't do any good because of all the screaming and stomping. Then when things went silent I thought she too had bailed and turned the TV off. I thought it was 9-1 time. What a joy it was when she later opened the door and said I could come back upstairs that there was a minute and a half to go and we were up by two touchdowns plus. It's great to be a hurricane and to be married to a crazier but stronger fan then me.

Advertisement
The worst feeling was how the boys followed up the first half with their opening 3 and out and blocked punt for a TD to begin the 3Q. I really thought we were ****ed then. There was no energy up to that point. The second those UVA boys started dancing on the sidelines though.. click clack, BANG.

My wife now sends me to a sports bar. She hates my yelling, screaming and cursing and tells me I'm going to have a coronary. I'm surrounded by strangers at a sports bar and seem to handle it better. That plus UBER seems to be the trick that works.

Advertisement
team, score early and often at Pitt or I just might have another heart attack! Been attending games since the 60's and getting to old to face the cardiac stress of these close games....:U5PyXda: PLEASE!
:sneakiness:

Cardiac Canes brother

Seriously I texted friends after the game that I had to double up on my high blood pressure meds during that Virginia game.

Advertisement
Back