My god look at McDermott on the last play...

Advertisement
All the recievers look like they are going deep. Wheres a quick ourpt or shallow cross for a first down, spike and fg try?

WTF are you talking about? You saw them run for 5 seconds. They needed to get 15 yards to get into FG range. They had 13 seconds. Yes, let's run a 3 yard pattern to get the first down and then spike it with 9 seconds left. That makes sense. Stop playing Madden. If you remember, the play before that was negated because Notre Dame called a TO right as we were hiking the ball was a 13 yard out to Berrios and he was wide open that would have gotten us to the ND 40 with 8 seconds left. I'm sure we were doing something equally similar with some of the WRs. It's a joke that some of you, with no knowledge, are saying that all the WRs were somehow down in the endzone.

Last edited:
When gauther was in there he had two plays in a row where he literally did not touch a d lineman - he just looked around for who to block. Same thing happened to KC multiple times. Also saw Linder and Danny have similar miscommunication. Searels deserves a lot of blame as well.

McDermott was zone blocking. There was no one in his zone. The LT was beaten- again- and he turned his head to help.

ND had a LB without a receiver in his zone, who smartly took advantage of McDermott turning his head.

As usual in football, the mistake was due to several things, the biggest of which was Darling getting beat, then on the offensive scheme not having a receiver to threaten that zone on the strong side of the play (where a right handed QB is looking on this play), next was McDermott turning his head on his zone. That's a no-no, but once you understand the other two points, you realize that wasn't really on McDermott only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a good post. Spot on. Not sure why anyone would down vote this other than a lack of understanding of offensive and defensive schematics.

Advertisement
It's a combination of things: shîtty talent + shîtty coaching = shîtty execution.

From my seats it looked like njoku had single coverage up the seam. That's where the ball needed to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
All the recievers look like they are going deep. Wheres a quick ourpt or shallow cross for a first down, spike and fg try?

You saw the receivers for only 5 yards... How can you conclude they were all going deep?

Well he was right. Go watch Kayaa's post game interview. He said they "were basically running a Hail Mary," and that it took too long to develop. He was speaking right to Richt.

And damnit he's right.

McDermott needs to be benched the rest of the year. What sucks is that fixing the o line will take a few recruiting cycles. It's rare true freshman can come in and be productive on the o line...

George Brown is LSU transfer. He can play tackle. Sitting this year out bc of transfer rules.

Donaldson may be able to start RT as a freshman

Move darling to guard. Move McDermott the fck off the field

Advertisement
Back