My Email for Blake. James

killacane

Sophomore
Bjames@miami.edu start flooding this guys email

Mr Blake James and Alfonso

Very simply put it is time for change. In 3+ years as coach of UM Al Golden has shown that as a coach on the field he is not the right guy at the university of Miami. While he managed through very tough times off the field all that did is cover up his inability to be a quality game day coach. In addition I fear the program has taken a step back with off the field issues. I am writing you today to let you know it is time for a change.

As a UM fan since I am 5 years old I no longer have the joy and passion I have had my entire life. I expect to lose most games and watching games has become a torture at times. I bought season tickets the Friday before the season started because I felt I had to as a lifelong canes fan. I felt I had to show up against FAMU and Arky St. At this point I feel I have to make a stand the other way and will no longer attend a UM event or put another penny into the athletic department until change is made. Many of the happiest days of my life were at the OB and watching canes games, including multiple bowl games and national titles. Now I simply cannot stand to hear any more BS from Al Golden, I cannot stand to see our Jerseys unveiled and I cannot talk to friends about their football pro grams because there is not much to talk about.

I am done. Duke is a superior football program than what used to be THE U, now we are the Candy Canes and just another irrelevant football program. The difference is we sit in the talent rich state of Miami. Watching guys like Teddy B, Amari Cooper and others dominate football while our 5 star guys get suspended or do not play because general Golden decided against it is beyond frustrating.

I hope you guys see this and make a move today. The Duke crowd is going to be embarrassing, Evan more than most at the corporate NFL stadium we play in.

Hopefully this email makes it to you Mr. James. I trust you want what is best for this U and can see through the BS used car salesman nonsense.

Best Regards

Last edited:
Advertisement
In my view we win that game easily with a defense Coach d must go or else golden must go and I've been holding out.

You forgot to include the part where you are withholding your Hurricanes Club donations going forward.

Advertisement
Email misses the point, suspensions, recruiting etc are not the issue....it's production. Our defense is consistently terrible against anyone with a pulse. There is just no longer an excuse. There is talent all over the field and they are not put in position to make plays.

Email misses the point, suspensions, recruiting etc are not the issue....it's production. Our defense is consistently terrible against anyone with a pulse. There is just no longer an excuse. There is talent all over the field and they are not put in position to make plays.

Correct. 1) Recruit, 2) Develop, 3) Put them in position to produce

Golden and company don't do 2 or 3.

Also, if we're going to be writing emails to Blake James, we need to make sure the English/grammar is on point. Poorly written stuff gets disregarded often.

Spell check next time OP....

In the business world no one will take you seriously with grammatical errors.

Blake James will just lulz at this

I have been in corporate America for 10 years and spell checking is overrated. I was too frustrated to reread the email. The message was delivered. I did not include recruiting because our classes have been solid and the next two years are very strong.

Advertisement
Get golden and co the **** out of south florida by any means necessary idgaf what has to happen time to close this sad chapter in miami football.

The message was delivered.

That is the point, it most likely wasn't. I read the first two lines. They were poorly written, which makes me presume the author isn't educated or serious about the letter, which ultimately discourages me from reading the rest of the letter.

Writing like that is perfectly acceptable here, on an internet forum. But in a letter complaining to a person in a position of authority at a University? Not quite.

That is the point, it most likely wasn't. I read the first two lines. They were poorly written, which makes me presume the author isn't educated or serious about the letter, which ultimately discourages me from reading the rest of the letter.

Writing like that is perfectly acceptable here, on an internet forum. But in a letter complaining to a person in a position of authority at a University? Not quite.

Grammar was never my specialty. I am doing my part and wish others would as well. The message will get delivered little by little when donations slow down and more people stop showing up. Next time I will send it to the board to proof read it.

Advertisement
should of realized emphasized how if the football program does well, it brings in money for the university as a whole. not that he should be reminded of that. also really highlight the recent off the field issues and bad press for rapes, drugs, assaults, yada yada yada

Advertisement
You forgot to include the part where you are withholding your Hurricanes Club donations going forward.

This.

I'm a long time donor and Alumni. I'm thinking the best strategy thru on this because you want to plan for the best impact. One person bombarding everyone with emails just makes the sender look crazy. I'm thinking of emailing my designated representative with a CC: to Blake James and Donna. I had a conversation with the Admin about this last November on one of the international Alumni road trips, and I was told that the problem is all in the depth due to the cloud, notably on Defense. I'm over it.

I didn't mean to criticize you, killa. Just meant to offer advice to others that are going to be writing emails in the future.

We need to attack from all angles. So the emphasis of the letter isn't all that important. The more varied our reasons, the better.

Grammar was never my specialty. I am doing my part and wish others would as well. The message will get delivered little by little when donations slow down and more people stop showing up. Next time I will send it to the board to proof read it.

Thank you for sending the email. Correct, it's the revenue the university will be concerned with, not some silliness about grammar.

Thank you for sending the email. Correct, it's the revenue the university will be concerned with, not some silliness about grammar.

No offense, but they'll care about him as a fan, but they won't care as much as they would for an Alumni, a season ticket holder and/or a donor. They sent the Bird, DP, and Duke to deliver season tickets to donors this year for crying out loud. I'm all three, and I'm the idiot who has kept his 4 club level seats thru all this nonsense, and I don't even live in Miami anymore. I was ****ed when they moved my epic 45 yard line Orange Bowl seats into the upper deck at No-life during the move, but somehow I've stuck thru it all.

Now, I'm done. They're taking us for granted and taking us for stupid.

I'm flying in for the Duke game next weekend, and I'm dying to see what the temperature is like among the other Alumni and donors I know.

So email away guys, just please try to keep it professional. Otherwise, they won't take you seriously and they'll just decide that there is a faction of nut job super-fans out there.

We need to get more people that matter to the administration to speak up. And I don't mean the NFL guys. Those guys don't donate as much as they could.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back