My class grades and thoughts (long!)

skeeter

Junior
Premium
NOTE: ALL BASED ON TAPE, I defer to some of you locals and always welcome your opinions.

Obv Willie Moise AND a portal Tackle are very much needed...Either/Both, etc...Zion Nelson NEEDS to redshirt or at the very least compete for his job. A LITTLE improvement (Which will happen) is not enough for what looks like a good team on paper.

Unlike last year I will include the portal, although the grade will be weighted more so on the multi-year guys

I don't rate kickers, and although the slump last year (outside of his heroics vs. UM) was a little alarming, Broreagles has had a great career, and is a clear upgrade.

I would rate teams needs like (and this has changed a lot the last 2-3 months)...The order within each category matters too:

Urgent: OL/RB/QB/LB (Bumped up RB And QB as the season progressed due to Williams November regression/Lingard transfer, Dallas pro)
Definite: CB/WR/S/DE/DT/K
Build Depth: TE
Can Pass: P (FB-probable walk ons if at all in new offense)

QB A: I Love Van Dyke's arm and he tests out pretty well athletically...I think it's pretty clear he's a top 12 QB prospect at worse and I personally have him a little higher. Gonna say it right now, D'Eriq King is not Joe Barrow as far as accuracy goes by any means, and it's a little alarming he left a system that is Air Raid for a system that is supposedly air raid...But a lot of players/and specifically QBs have clashed with Holgerson. His mechanics really get screwy and he is capable of some ugly **** at times. But he's had time with Holgerson and now a whole spring under Lashlee to work on them. But from my untrained eye he is capable of getting to his 2nd read, has excellent accuracy down the field, and he will be drafted to the NFL. We want OL improvement, I'm not sure how much we'll get, but if healthy this kid and his 600 yards minimum rushing is worth about 1.5 wins alone. I also think there was enough incidents to e to say that Jarren Williams wasn't what we wanted in terms of leadership...Despite having talent.

RB: A I have some questions, they are probably unfounded, on Don Chaney, Jr. overall toughness, I hope I'm wrong...But when that kid makes a run, there isn't a handful of backs in the country who have the franchise look he does. Upside through the roof. Thoroughbred that will carry 215-220, and he doesn't get caught. Can he run it inside though? I did see him to a decent job in this year's highlights against Columbus and another decent defense (I forget who) where he did seem to burrow and know where the sticks are...Heal that shoulder up and may the best man between he and Knighton get ready for 100 carries next year...(note that may or not be the guy with the ultimate best NFL upside)...I love Knighton don't see any real weaknesses. Both reportedly have nice hands. Style wise...There was some Gore similarities early in Chaney's career, I see more Lamar Miller at this point as he fills out. Knighton reminds me of Gio Bernard, more power than you think...He's not a scatback, and if anything seeks out contact a little too much at times?

WR: A- All will be in early, and it wouldn't surprise me if that leads to yet another transfer at the position...But this is a nice haul for sure. Daz Worsham knows how to get open, but I think needs some strength and he doesn't have a top gear. Clock times and raw athleticism surprisingly translate less to WR success than other positions...The other question mark on him is is he healed. I thought the senior stuff (despite a drop off in stats which I wrote off to losing a D1 QB and replacing him with either soph or junior) looked like same player, so that's a plus...But is the next step there? Michael Redding is an elite athlete, and imo is a top 10 at the position. X. Restrepo I think stays offense and does serious work on coverage units, but defense is also possible. No brainer take. I think he has a high floor, and his measurables say he's not just Marshall Few from more of a feeder school. He made plays everywhere and I think at the very least he spends 3 years as a top 5 WR in the UM rotation. Who knows, maybe he's the next Welker. I love the late addition Keshawn Smith kid really looks explosive to me, and there is elite body control with both he and Redding on tape. Definitely some good luck he fell in our lap, as I definitely think there were too many passes on some Sofla kids and I'm not gonna cry anymore about Fleming situation, but a player of his caliber/home run speed from Dade county where they seem to be bred more than any other area of the country, was desperately needed, as it simply isn't on the roster right now... Smith does make up for some of that speed loss, but it's not the same. Fleming imo had Santana Moss type upside, or at least Travis Benjamin. Liked Poiter, and no idea why B Robinson wasn't pursued more earnestly after Taggert's firing. But that coach is no longer here.

TE: B- Was ok to just take one here. Mammarelli looks a little stiff at times and his HS didn't throw much. But if you are going to get a B- or lower at a position, make it one that isn't a huge area of need. Willing blocker and nice size/speed combo, and definitely not a kid we should be disappointed in.

OL: C- Love Jalen Rivers, and I think it's laughable how his overall ranking has crept down...That happens to kids who commit early and stay committed. I think RT is his calling, but could see him ending up inside as well. He may end needing to be tried at LT, and let's just hope he has a short memory, because I'm not sure that's his long-term calling. Chris Washington seems like a nice find, nice he's in early...But he shouldn't see the field early, as Nelson shouldn't have. So many locals were available...I personally thought a play should have been made for Lloyd Willis or Venice's Thomas Shrader, although I defer to those who have commented on Willis's senior year and work ethic leaving a lot to be desired. Kevin Love and Gage Gaynor looked like takable center prospects too, especially after missing on other interior names. We also seemed to not know if we wanted Jon Denis or not, and he could have helped for sure. I didn't think Antonio Smith was bad either, but I guess grades were the culprits. Honestly that C- is probably a little generous giving the needs here...But Barry, who flat out appeared to not give two shyts about recruiting his position is fired, so onward we go. I like to think Cleveland Reed staying helps, although I probably would have told him to kick rocks after he entered the portal WHILE O-LINE HELP WAS NEEDED ON THE TEAM . Love Rivers, but overall not a good job here. Basically I have Rivers as an A prospect, and Washington as a B- or C+...But We were definitely 2 short here.

DT: C+ Nice get with Elijah Roberts here ,as I think he was one of UM's most important targets but one more was needed. The pass on Westley Neal was understandable due to scheme fit issues, and many schools passed as well as the kid ended up at Rhode Island. Moise has an excellent first for a big man and a wide base. He makes this position an A-...and is needed at either Guard or DT. Hopefully he gets in as this winter/spring progresses.

DE: A I bumped this up from B+ with the addition of Roche who is an NFL player you can plug right in after Garvin's mysterious decision. I thought Height was a nice player with some upside, but we got 2 good one after Roche too. Both guys test off the charts at a position where athletic freaks usually translate. Chantz Williams has a lighting first step, and I think will be ready to contribute big-time by year 2. If I had to pick an NFL comparison I think there's some Jason Pierre-Paul there? Quentin Williams may ultimately end up a better SSDE, but again has the athleticism to rush the passer as well. His bend motor both stand out, if I'm going to be picky, I don't see elite change of direction. Roche at the very least is Trevon Hill...I'm not a huge Hill fan, but he's super twitchy like that, and I really don't see many weaknesses in Roche. I think he was at worst a 4th round pick this year, and could have double digit sacks next year.

OVERALL D-LINE GRADE = B+ (Moise makes A-)

LB: B
Could have made an argument we needed one more, but I'm including a striker here, I just don't know who. If we call the striker Jalen Harrell then I think a case could be made for a B+ here as I like him better at either position (Safety or striker) than Keshawn Washington. I think Tirek Austin-Cave is criminally underrated, if I had to call it, WILL is his long-term position but I actually could see him at all 3 positions. I like his short-term explosiveness and hitting ability, he just needs to hit the weight room, needs size, and to continue to get a step faster (speed not a problem now, but with him needing the weight he can't lose it). Corey Flagg has been debated much by Canes fans...And he's either going to be athletic enough or he isn't. I think the short area speed is there, the closing speed is there, a nice low center of gravity to shoot gaps and avoid blocks is there. Sideline-to-sideline speed, overall athleticism, and the ability to play in space are where the questions lie. I think Diaz and Baker want specific types of Mikes here, cerebral, quick diagnosing players that can thump, while also shooting gaps and get in the backfield... i.e. Zach Thomas types. Those are strengths of Flagg. It would be nice to see our Mike not CONSTANTLY a step behind to the perimeter though, as SQ, for all his strengths consistency was. I do think Flagg is a tad underrated and could be a player if used correctly though. There are some good backers in Sofla next year, so we need to replenish at all 3 spots again next year. One thing about Flagg is going deep in big school Texas playoffs two years in a row means he's seen as many elite offenses and spread offenses as any linebacker in the country...At striker they want rangy players that have enough hips to cover...Harrell and Keshawn Washington are both long. I think hips are a question for both as secondary players, but hips were an issue for Finley as a safety and he ended up turning and covering a lot of wheel routes as a striker LB, so will be interesting to see who gets moved...Could even be both, but for now I have Washington in this grade and Harrell in with safeties.

CB: B+ Rumph ended up doing alright here...We definitely could have fit one more, but I like both kids he got. Isaiah Dunson helped save a debacle here, and while I don't think he's a star, I think he has a pretty high floor, which usually isn't how tall, lanky corners are viewed. He plays the ball very well, and you can tell he's an aggressive kid that enjoys playing the game as you see a lot of diving catches and full out effort on the tape. Good feet for a tall kid, let's see if he has enough hips to be a starter here. I think he's a better version of Davonte Brown. Marcus Clarke is a no brainer take on athleticism...I keep hearing about how raw he is, but I think a lot of corner play is natural ability that will come fast, whether or not he has it. He is a sloppy tackler on tape which needs to be cleaned up, but is as good a natural athlete as we've seen in recent UM classes. Reminds me of Corn Elder and at the worst he's Antonio Crawford + possible return ability and in all honestly Crawford was not terrible at UM

S: A- Grade given on 3 kids staying at safety (Harrell for now) . What's weird is I don't LOVE any single one of these prospects, or should I at least say...I think the two highest are slightly overrated. But there is no doubt they are takes. Like for instance I don't think Jalen Harrell is one of the top 50 football players in Florida, but that doesn't mean I'm not excited UM landed him. Avantae Williams runs and hits and I actually think could play power 5 RB for some schools ( with only 4 RB that if injury bug hits he is the most likely player on the team to move there for a couple of games or season if needed early in his career). He is very raw, and you can tell he likes to free lance, but that athleticism should translate. He reminds me of Paris Ford who is currently at Pitt (And a very good safety), and actually a little bit of Gurvin Hall too. Brian Balom I think is underrated, maybe not an elite athlete, but appears to break on the ball and is plenty physical...Solid second team safety even if he never cracks a starting role I think it's a lock that Harrell and Keshawn Washington are not both safeties at UM, it's just a matter if both or one move to striker. Harrell was talked about early as a corner prospect, but I don't think he is "loose" enough for that position. Physical kid, and a kid you take all day...Just not sure of his position right now. Bottom line I'd rate Williams the best because of his speed and I think Washington was a kid who is an iffy take at best (would love to be proven wrong)...The kid doesn't even seem to make plays on his highlight film? But he is a tall, long kid and UM needs Dade kids. In camp and games, you do see him plays on the ball on the outside and use his height well, so there's that. Plenty of options here and that's why I chose A- over B+...neither Balom or Williams are one dimensional either, which is good.

Overall Secondary Grade: B+

SIDE NOTE: Returners.
The kids with return ability in this class are Chaney and Knighton (more so KO returner), Clarke, Williams, Smith and possibly Restrepo (more of a PR)...I think even with no Fleming or TJB this is at least an A- with possible returners, especially kickoff guys, although that part of the game is fading a little with Touchback artists and fair catches allowed on KO.

Overall Grade: B+ (more star power than most recent UM classes though, just can't forgive OL and thin at DT, and maybe needed one more impact back 7 player, preferably a corner. Willie Moise would help this class long-erm at either DT or OG...And a starting OT would from the portal would make it an A+

DADE GRADE: C-
BROWARD GRADE: C+
(better than recent years in Broward, maybe B- with Moise)
PALM BEACH GRADE NA : Nothing this year. Only 1 offer and he de-committed.

Overall Tri-County Grade: C- (C+ with Moise). Needs to be better. No two ways about it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Great post and nothing I really disagree with. Personally I like Harrell a lot, you don't even think he's top 50?

Great post. I’ll just leave you with this from one of your recent battles here:

3B344FDB-4CCB-4567-A6C0-A86160F2CEFE.gif

Advertisement
NOTE: ALL BASED ON TAPE, I defer to some of you locals and always welcome your opinions.

Obv Willie Moise AND a portal Tackle are very much needed...Either/Both, etc...Zion Nelson NEEDS to redshirt or at the very least compete for his job. A LITTLE improvement (Which will happen) is not enough for what looks like a good team on paper.

Unlike last year I will include the portal, although the grade will be weighted more so on the multi-year guys

I don't rate kickers, and although the slump last year (outside of his heroics vs. UM) was a little alarming, Broreagles has had a great career, and is a clear upgrade.

I would rate teams needs like (and this has changed a lot the last 2-3 months)...The order within each category matters too:

Urgent: OL/RB/QB/LB (Bumped up RB And QB as the season progressed due to Williams November regression/Lingard transfer, Dallas pro)

QB A: I Love Van Dyke's arm and he tests out pretty well athletically...I think it's pretty clear he's a top 12 QB prospect at worse and I personally have him a little higher. Gonna say it right now, D'Eriq King is not Joe Barrow as far as accuracy goes by any means, and it's a little alarming he left a system that is Air Raid for a system that is supposedly air raid...But a lot of players/and specifically QBs have clashed with Holgerson. His mechanics really get screwy and he is capable of some ugly **** at times. But he's had time with Holgerson and now a whole spring under Lashlee to work on them. But from my untrained eye he is capable of getting to his 2nd read, has excellent accuracy down the field, and he will be drafted to the NFL. We want OL improvement, I'm not sure how much we'll get, but if healthy this kid and his 600 yards minimum rushing is worth about 1.5 wins alone. I also think there was enough incidents to e to say that Jarren Williams wasn't what we wanted in terms of leadership...Despite having talent.

RB: A I have some questions, they are probably unfounded, on Don Chaney, Jr. overall toughness, I hope I'm wrong...But when that kid makes a run, there isn't a handful of backs in the country who have the franchise look he does. Upside through the roof. Thoroughbred that will carry 215-220, and he doesn't get caught. Can he run it inside though? I did see him to a decent job in this year's highlights against Columbus and another decent defense (I forget who) where he did seem to burrow and know where the sticks are...Heal that shoulder up and may the best man between he and Knighton get ready for 100 carries next year...(note that may or not be the guy with the ultimate best NFL upside)...I love Knighton don't see any real weaknesses. Both reportedly have nice hands. Style wise...There was some Gore similarities early in Chaney's career, I see more Lamar Miller at this point as he fills out. Knighton reminds me of Gio Bernard, more power than you think...He's not a scatback, and if anything seeks out contact a little too much at times?

WR: A- All will be in early, and it wouldn't surprise me if that leads to yet another transfer at the position...But this is a nice haul for sure. Daz Worsham knows how to get open, but I think needs some strength and he doesn't have a top gear. Clock times and raw athleticism surprisingly translate less to WR success than other positions...The other question mark on him is is he healed. I thought the senior stuff (despite a drop off in stats which I wrote off to losing a D1 QB and replacing him with either soph or junior) looked like same player, so that's a plus...But is the next step there? Michael Redding is an elite athlete, and imo is a top 10 at the position. X. Restrepo I think stays offense and does serious work on coverage units...Defense is also possible. No brainer take. I think he has a high floor, and his measurables say he's not just Marshall Few from more of a feeder school. He made plays everywhere and I think at the very least he spends 3 years as a top 5 WR in the UM rotation. Who knows, maybe he's the next Welker. I love the late addition Keshawn Smith kid really looks explosive to me, and there is elite body control with both he and Redding on tape. Definitely some good luck he fell in our lap, as I definitely think there were too many passes on some Sofla kids and I'm not gonna cry anymore about Fleming situation, but a player of his caliber/home run speed from Dade county where they seem to be bred more than any other area of the country, was desperately needed, as it simply isn't on the roster right now... Smith does make up for some of that speed loss, but it's not the same. Fleming imo had Santana Moss type upside, or at least Travis Benjamin. Liked Poiter, and no idea why B Robinson wasn't pursued more earnestly after Taggert's firing. But that coach is no longer here.

TE: B- Was ok to just take one here. Mammarelli looks a little stiff at times and his HS didn't throw much. But if you are going to get a B- or lower at a position, make it one that isn't a huge area of need. Willing blocker and nice size/speed combo, and definitely not a kid we should be disappointed in.

OL: C- Love Jalen Rivers, and I think it's laughable how his overall ranking has crept down...That happens to kids who commit early and stay committed. I think RT is his calling, but could see him ending up inside as well. He may end needing to be tried at LT, and let's just hope he has a short memory, because I'm not sure that's his long-term calling. Chris Washington seems like a nice find, nice he's in early...But he shouldn't see the field early, as Nelson shouldn't have. So many locals were available...I personally thought a play should have been made for Lloyd Willis or Venice's Thomas Shrader, although I digress to those who have commented on Willis's senior year and work ethic leaving a lot to be desired. Kevin Love and Gage Gaynor looked like takable center prospects too, especially after missing on other interior names. I didn't think Antonio Smith was bad either, but I guess grades were the culprits. Honestly that C- is probably a little generous giving the needs here...But Barry, who flat out appeared to not give two shyts about recruiting his position is fired, so onward we go. I like to think Cleveland Reed staying helps, although I probably would have told him to kick rocks after he entered the portal WHILE O-LINE HELP WAS NEEDED ON THE TEAM . Love Rivers, but overall not a good job here. Basically I have Rivers as an A prospect, and Washington as a B- or C+...But We were definitely 2 short here.

DT: C+ Nice get with Elijah Roberts here ,as I think he was one of UM's most important targets but one more was needed. The pass on Westley Neal was understandable due to scheme fit issues, and many schools passed as well as the kid ended up at Rhode Island. Moise has an excellent first for a big man and a wide base. He makes this position an A-...and is needed at either Guard or DT. Hopefully he gets in as this winter/spring progresses.

DE: A I bumped this up from B+ with the addition of Roche who is an NFL player you can plug right in after Garvin's mysterious decision. I thought Height was a nice player with some upside, but we got 2 good one after Roche too. Both guys test off the charts at a position where athletic freaks usually translate. Chantz Williams has a lighting first step, and I think will be ready to contribute big-time by year 2. If I had to pick an NFL comparison I think there's some Jason Pierre-Paul there? Quentin Williams may ultimately end up a better SSDE, but again has the athleticism to rush the passer as well. His bend motor both stand out, if I'm going to be picky, I don't see elite change of direction. Roche at the very least is Trevon Hill...I'm not a huge Hill fan, but he's super twitchy like that, and I really don't see many weaknesses in Roche. I think he was at worst a 4th round pick this year, and could have double digit sacks next year.

OVERALL D-LINE GRADE = B (Moise makes A-)

Could have made an argument we needed one more, but I'm including a striker here, I just don't know who. If we call the striker Jalen Harrell then I think a case could be made for a B+ here as I like him better at either position (Safety or striker) than Keshawn Washington. I think Tirek Austin-Cave is criminally underrated, if I had to call it, WILL is his long-term position but I actually could see him at all 3 positions. I like his short-term explosiveness and hitting ability, he just needs to hit the weight room, needs size, and to continue to get a step faster (speed not a problem now, but with him needing the weight he can't lose it). Corey Flagg has been debated much by Canes fans...And he's either going to be athletic enough or he isn't. I think the short area speed is there, the closing speed is there, a nice low center of gravity to shoot gaps and avoid blocks is there. Sideline-to-sideline speed, overall athleticism, and the ability to play in space are where the questions lie. I think Diaz and Baker want specific types of Mikes here, cerebral, quick diagnosing players that can thump, while also shooting gaps and get in the backfield... i.e. Zach Thomas types. Those are strengths of Flagg. It would be nice to see our Mike not CONSTANTLY a step behind to the perimeter though, as SQ, for all his strengths consistency was. I do think Flagg is a tad underrated and could be a player if used correctly though. There are some good backers in Sofla next year, so we need to replenish at all 3 spots again next year. One thing about Flagg is going deep in big school Texas playoffs two years in a row means he's seen as many elite offenses and spread offenses as any linebacker in the country...At striker they want rangy players that have enough hips to cover...Harrell and Keshawn Washington are both long. I think hips are a question for both as secondary players, but hips were an issue for Finley as a safety and he ended up turning and covering a lot of wheel routes as a striker LB, so will be interesting to see who gets moved...Could even be both, but for now I have Washington in this grade and Harrell in with safeties.

CB: B+ Rumph ended up doing alright here...We definitely could have fit one more, but I like both kids he got. Isaiah Dunson helped save a debacle here, and while I don't think he's a star, I think he has a pretty high floor, which usually isn't how tall, lanky corners are viewed. He plays the ball very well, and you can tell he's an aggressive kid that enjoys playing the game as you see a lot of diving catches and full out effort on the tape. Good feet for a tall kid, let's see if he has enough hips to be a starter here. I think he's a better version of Davonte Brown. Marcus Clarke is a no brainer tape on athleticism...I keep hearing about how raw he is, but I think a lot of corner play is natural ability that will come fast, whether or not he has it. He is a sloppy tackler on tape which needs to be cleaned up, but is as good a natural athlete as we've seen in recent UM classes. Reminds me of Corn Elder and at the worst he's Antonio Crawford + possible return ability and in all honestly Crawford was not terrible at UM

S: A- Grade given on 3 kids staying at safety (Harrell for now) . What's weird is I don't LOVE any single one of these prospects, or should I at least say...I think the two highest are slightly overrated. But there is no doubt they are takes. Like for instance I don't think Jalen Harrell is one of the top 50 football players in Florida, but that doesn't mean I'm not excited UM landed him. Avantae Williams runs and hits and I actually think could play power 5 RB for some schools ( with only 4 RB that if injury bug hits he is the most likely player on the team to move there for a couple of games or season if needed early in his career). He is very raw, and you can tell he likes to free lance, but that athleticism should translate. He reminds me of Paris Ford who is currently at Pitt (And a very good safety), and actually a little bit of Gurvin Hall too. Brian Balom I think is underrated, maybe not an elite athlete, but appears to break on the ball and is plenty physical...Solid second team safety even if he never cracks a starting role I think it's a lock that Harrell and Keshawn Washington are not both safeties at UM, it's just a matter if both or one move to striker. Harrell was talked about early as a corner prospect, but I don't think he is "loose" enough for that position. Physical kid, and a kid you take all day...Just not sure of his position right now. Bottom line I'd rate Williams the best because of his speed and I think Washington was a kid who is an iffy take at best (would love to be proven wrong)...The kid doesn't even seem to make plays on his highlight film? But he is a tall, long kid and UM needs Dade kids. In camp and games, you do see him plays on the ball on the outside and use his height well, so there's that. Plenty of options here and that's why I chose A- over B+...neither Balom or Williams are one dimensional either, which is good.

The kids with return ability in this class are Chaney and Knighton (more so KO returner), Clarke, Williams, Smith and possibly Restrepo (more of a PR)...I think even with no Fleming or TJB this is at least an A- with possible returners, especially kickoff guys, although that part of the game is fading a little with Touchback artist and fair catches allowed on KO.

Overall Grade: B+ (more star power than most recent UM classes though, just can't forgive OL and thin at DT, and maybe needed one more impact back 7 player, preferably a corner. Willie Moise would help this class long-erm at either DT or OG...And a starting OT would from the portal would make it an A+

Overall Tri-County Grade: D+ (C- with Moise). Needs to be better. No two ways about it.
Awesome Breakdown man!

Generally agree. Good job giving reasons for each grade. Not sure I can agree with giving a D grade for tri county when we signed the best player in Dade and the best player in Broward. But that's just nitpicking.

I'd bump up the DT grade a little (I like Robert's a lot, but I don't think DT's a real need, just for depth), and lower the LB grade a little (I like TAC, but we needed to do more). But that's pretty much it.

Otherwise, agree with the rest. Pretty **** spot on break down.

It's always interesting looking at these, though, because I generally feel like we need more dudes. Another CB, another LB, 1-2 more OTs... but there just aren't ICs. Drives home the importance of nailing evaluations, developing players, and working to minimize attrition.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Great breakdown of the class. You explained not rating kickers, but that's a minor flaw as we've learned PK & P hugely impact games and seasons. Kickers are much more impactful than returners.

Generally agree. Good job giving reasons for each grade. Not sure I can agree with giving a D grade for tri county when we signed the best player in Dade and the best player in Broward. But that's just nitpicking.

Fair enough...If I were to nitpick, I'd probably give the best in Broward to Dumerville...Knighton/Dumerville/Rosemy all close though.

I wouldn't argue with a C- at all, maybe I'll bump it.

Last edited:
Great breakdown of the class. You explained not rating kickers, but that's a minor flaw as we've learned PK & P hugely impact games and seasons. Kickers are much more impactful than returners.

I wouldn't argue that...I just don't know follow HS kickers, and you take one every couple years ago. I wasn't arguing against their importance and I'm glad we upgraded, and then we got the stud brother coming in next year.

Great post and nothing I really disagree with. Personally I like Harrell a lot, you don't even think he's top 50?

I think he's more high 3* type...I don't have a state wide list handy, but I had him 23rd in tri-county (which is again a forced ranking)...I just think Rivals for instance got way way carried away with his ranking...And that 247 is a little high too.

Again I think the kid is a take all day and could be a starter at safety or striker eventually.

Advertisement

WR: A- All will be in early, and it wouldn't surprise me if that leads to yet another transfer at the position...But this is a nice haul for sure. Daz Worsham knows how to get open, but I think needs some strength and he doesn't have a top gear. Clock times and raw athleticism surprisingly translate less to WR success than other positions...The other question mark on him is is he healed. I thought the senior stuff (despite a drop off in stats which I wrote off to losing a D1 QB and replacing him with either soph or junior) looked like same player, so that's a plus...But is the next step there? Michael Redding is an elite athlete, and imo is a top 10 at the position. X. Restrepo I think stays offense and does serious work on coverage units, but defense is also possible. No brainer take. I think he has a high floor, and his measurables say he's not just Marshall Few from more of a feeder school. He made plays everywhere and I think at the very least he spends 3 years as a top 5 WR in the UM rotation. Who knows, maybe he's the next Welker. I love the late addition Keshawn Smith kid really looks explosive to me, and there is elite body control with both he and Redding on tape. Definitely some good luck he fell in our lap, as I definitely think there were too many passes on some Sofla kids and I'm not gonna cry anymore about Fleming situation, but a player of his caliber/home run speed from Dade county where they seem to be bred more than any other area of the country, was desperately needed, as it simply isn't on the roster right now... Smith does make up for some of that speed loss, but it's not the same. Fleming imo had Santana Moss type upside, or at least Travis Benjamin. Liked Poiter, and no idea why B Robinson wasn't pursued more earnestly after Taggert's firing. But that coach is no longer here.

OL: C- Love Jalen Rivers, and I think it's laughable how his overall ranking has crept down...That happens to kids who commit early and stay committed. I think RT is his calling, but could see him ending up inside as well. He may end needing to be tried at LT, and let's just hope he has a short memory, because I'm not sure that's his long-term calling. Chris Washington seems like a nice find, nice he's in early...But he shouldn't see the field early, as Nelson shouldn't have. So many locals were available...I personally thought a play should have been made for Lloyd Willis or Venice's Thomas Shrader, although I defer to those who have commented on Willis's senior year and work ethic leaving a lot to be desired. Kevin Love and Gage Gaynor looked like takable center prospects too, especially after missing on other interior names. We also seemed to not know if we wanted Jon Denis or not, and he could have helped for sure. I didn't think Antonio Smith was bad either, but I guess grades were the culprits. Honestly that C- is probably a little generous giving the needs here...But Barry, who flat out appeared to not give two shyts about recruiting his position is fired, so onward we go. I like to think Cleveland Reed staying helps, although I probably would have told him to kick rocks after he entered the portal WHILE O-LINE HELP WAS NEEDED ON THE TEAM . Love Rivers, but overall not a good job here. Basically I have Rivers as an A prospect, and Washington as a B- or C+...But We were definitely 2 short here.

OVERALL D-LINE GRADE = B+ (Moise makes A-)

CB: B+ Rumph ended up doing alright here...We definitely could have fit one more, but I like both kids he got. Isaiah Dunson helped save a debacle here, and while I don't think he's a star, I think he has a pretty high floor, which usually isn't how tall, lanky corners are viewed. He plays the ball very well, and you can tell he's an aggressive kid that enjoys playing the game as you see a lot of diving catches and full out effort on the tape. Good feet for a tall kid, let's see if he has enough hips to be a starter here. I think he's a better version of Davonte Brown. Marcus Clarke is a no brainer take on athleticism...I keep hearing about how raw he is, but I think a lot of corner play is natural ability that will come fast, whether or not he has it. He is a sloppy tackler on tape which needs to be cleaned up, but is as good a natural athlete as we've seen in recent UM classes. Reminds me of Corn Elder and at the worst he's Antonio Crawford + possible return ability and in all honestly Crawford was not terrible at UM

The kids with return ability in this class are Chaney and Knighton (more so KO returner), Clarke, Williams, Smith and possibly Restrepo (more of a PR)...I think even with no Fleming or TJB this is at least an A- with possible returners, especially kickoff guys, although that part of the game is fading a little with Touchback artists and fair catches allowed on KO.

Overall Tri-County Grade: C- (C+ with Moise). Needs to be better. No two ways about it.
Kind of stopped reading at Nelson NEEDS to redshirt. He needed to redshirt last year. I agree he needs to compete for the job. He should be better than last year.

Fair enough...If I were to nitpick, I'd probably give the best in Broward to Dumerville...Knighton/Dumerville/Rosemy all close though.

I wouldn't argue with a C- at all, maybe I'll bump it.
They say dumervil overrated and looked terrible in games at sta

Kind of stopped reading at Nelson NEEDS to redshirt. He needed to redshirt last year. I agree he needs to compete for the job. He should be better than last year.

i don’t get it

he needs a redshirt. Period

he will be better after a redshirt. And of course I would rather it have been last year.

Advertisement
They say dumervil overrated and looked terrible in games at sta

i don’t think any of them 5*. Prob wasn’t one in south florid this year. If i had to call it, I have Chaney #1 as the best prospect in the whole Sofla

i don’t think any of them 5*. Prob wasn’t one in south florid this year. If i had to call it, I have Chaney #1 as the best prospect in the whole Sofla
For the top lineman in Florida I’ll have rivers and isiah walker both ahead of dumervil tbh.

im very high on knighton so to me he was the best player in broward in the 2020 class

For the top lineman in Florida I’ll have rivers and isiah walker both ahead of dumervil tbh.

im very high on knighton so to me he was the best player in broward in the 2020 class

Ya like I said with the junior kid from Norland's film...I saw Walker get flat out beat a few times on there. In all honesty, I never claimed to be an OL expert but all the names you mentioned are close.

i don’t get it

he needs a redshirt. Period

he will be better after a redshirt. And of course I would rather it have been last year.
Im curious of why you think he needs a red-shirt now? He needed it last year for sure and we all saw why, but with the experience of knowing what doesnt work, and also gaining more weight. Why do you think hes not ready to compete now? What makes him not able to make that step forward of being a better OT and stating or at minimum being a rotational player.

Advertisement
Back