Muschamp firing coaches too.

Meanwhile, in Coral Gables....

Meanwhile in Coral Gables, it's Manny Diaz's first year .... in comparison to Will Muschamp's fourth in Columbia where he's now 26-25; on the heels of failing at Florida before this.

Eight years a head coach—yeah, he should be a little further along than a 4-8 season on the heels of 7-6 last year.

That, and we'll see what Diaz does in the coming weeks. Lots of time to punt on Enos and any other dead weight.

Advertisement
He'd be a fool not to separate from Muschamp after all these years.

I mean you could argue he'd be a fool to come here too lol but still...

IMO a combo of T-Rob and Harrell/Yost/Bedenbaugh/etc. is the only thing that can save Manny’s job. I don’t think a new OC alone, will be enough.

Meanwhile in Coral Gables, it's Manny Diaz's first year .... in comparison to Will Muschamp's fourth in Columbia where he's now 26-25; on the heels of failing at Florida before this.

Eight years a head coach—yeah, he should be a little further along than a 4-8 season on the heels of 7-6 last year.

That, and we'll see what Diaz does in the coming weeks. Lots of time to punt on Enos and any other dead weight.
Muschamp has surpassed his level of incompetence. I just want action from Diaz. Given this year's offense, waiting longer is tacit endorsement and should the firing happen, it just looks like he's bowing to pressure.

Travaris Robinson, long time very good DB coach that's originally from Miami & has been a successful recruiter of South Fla DB's.

Coached alongside Muschamp for most of his career at Auburn, UF & South Carolina.

T-Rob should have a blank check to come to Miami. You could clear out either or both of Rumph and Banda and upgrade the defense, more specifically the secondary all at once. He'd likely only need 3 other coaches on that side of the ball (another secondary coach, plus LB and DL). Let the 5th be a dedicated special teams coach.

It's a pipe dream though, it'll never happen unfortunately.

Advertisement
T-Rob should have a blank check to come to Miami. You could clear out either or both of Rumph and Banda and upgrade the defense, more specifically the secondary all at once. He'd likely only need 3 other coaches on that side of the ball (another secondary coach, plus LB and DL). Let the 5th be a dedicated special teams coach.

It's a pipe dream though, it'll never happen unfortunately.
I would take him here in a heartbeat, but I doubt Manuelito is ever gonna move on from his Defensive squad.

I would take him here in a heartbeat, but I doubt Manuelito is ever gonna move on from his Defensive squad.

I mean, we have a guy who used to be a bar tender and has struck out on elite Miami safeties with the exception of Gurvan Hall. As well as Patke who has signed.....well......I don't even know what Patke does.

Advertisement
when the reg season ends every year, coaches and corches all over the country play musical chairs and every year people on this board start chattering like little monkeys like they have never seen anything like it before... LOL

Bryan McClendon got demoted from the OC role, he was Co-OC & WR's coach, he was their main play caller & Muschamp basically fired him without firing him. According to one of the South Car journalists that covers their team for the newspaper down there he said that Muschamp is allowing him to stay on staff due to his recruiting ability & his relationship with Coach Brown lol (the two of them were like best friends at UGA coming up under Richt.)

They also fired their S&C Coach & fired the QB Coach Dan Werner.

Guess who they're suggesting to be the next OC?.. Mike Bobo lol.

But man, if I was Diaz I would be on the phone right now with T-Rob asking him how much you want, come to Miami & we'll double your salary. (That's of course if we actually had an administration that wasn't dirt cheap & retarded).

you're half right, LOL

money is not the problem with UM. unless you count not dropping bags.

you're half right, LOL

money is not the problem with UM. unless you count not dropping bags.
Oh believe me, I know Miami has plenty of money to spend, it's just that the administration doesn't really care about football & doesn't believe in allocating sufficient funds to the football program.

If we had a School President & AD worth a **** they would double our recruiting budget & get the BOT to open up the checkbooks to bring in a legitimate staff pronto.

I figured Manolo wouldn't make any changes on defense. Baker, Banda, and Patke are his boyz and he's probably gonna use Enos as a scapegoat to give his boyz an extra year. Where baker has to specifically improve is how he approaches 3rd & long specifically. If we somehow get a decent OC and can actually convert some 3rd downs with regularity and play with a lead more often maybe the D will make an organic jump but if we regress on any level next year, even with a major upgrade at offense the 3 stooges will need to go.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back