Muschamp Fired

Advertisement
Robinson's unit has regressed under his guidance. Hargreaves is the exception, but dude was already elite.

Advertisement
Unfortunately if they bring in a dynamic coach, with over a month before NSD he'll be able to beat out Ol Al for high quality talent. Easier to sell kids on chances to start/play with a new regime.

Don't worry regardless of who Florida hires Al and the staff will still be out their recruiting their tails off for some top notch northeast talent

Advertisement
Gatas will be serious SEC and National contenders within two years. If you thought Muschump ran a train on Golden in recruiting, wait till they have a real coach.

Muschump fired, Golden gets extension. There IS NO JUSTICE!

The one silver lining, it should help with Kendrick Norton and Tim Irvin (sad that UF was even in discussion on that one). Then again, recruiting will be recruiting so who knows. Horrible start to the weekend.

It'll probably hurt with Irvin.

Not sure I agree here. Florida's new coach is going to have to catch up in recruiting for Irvin. Hard for a recruit to listen to Muschamp when they now know for a fact he won't be there next season.

Near the top of the list is Temple Owls HC, Matt Rhule. It seems that the Gaytors love what a previous Temple HC has done at another Florida university.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The one silver lining, it should help with Kendrick Norton and Tim Irvin (sad that UF was even in discussion on that one). Then again, recruiting will be recruiting so who knows. Horrible start to the weekend.

Not sure I agree here. Florida's new coach is going to have to catch up in recruiting for Irvin. Hard for a recruit to listen to Muschamp when they now know for a fact he won't be there next season.

It's not my opinion based on recruiting theory. There are specific issues with the Irvin situation that will only work in UF's favor when they hire a superior coach (which is how he'll be pitched when they make a big swing).

Sweet, now we can land Tim Irvin, our next great defensive back to sit on the bench in favor of a walk-on.

News regarding Muschamp's departure hurts us big time.

Advertisement

It's not my opinion based on recruiting theory. There are specific issues with the Irvin situation that will only work in UF's favor when they hire a superior coach (which is how he'll be pitched when they make a big swing).

I presume you're referring to the football knowledge that surrounds Tim Irvin in his family, which is probably what led to him souring on the Canes in the first place?

#UF AD Jeremy Foley on Will Muschamp news: "Upon evaluation of our football program we are not where the program needs to be and should be."

Foley just gets it

but he beat UGA, swamped them, has won 11 games. You cant make this up. They would erect a statue of Golden if he did that here and sign him till 2060. Its freaking sad

Advertisement
Back