"Multiple New Hires" on the..

WestGA'Cane

Junior
defensive side of the ball in the coming days according to an AP source. Though I would caution that all hires (multiple) may not be for on-field positions, at least a couple of them will be. So at minimum we should be adding a quality DL coach (more of a technician I presume) to the T-Rob hire. Not bad for a worst case scenario. And one more on -field coach. Will the DL coach also be a coordinator? Does he call plays, or does CMD handle that responsibility? Is it odd to hire a CB coach before a defensive coordinator? Or are all the ducks in a row, simply needing to be "finalized"? DO WE KNOW WHO ANY OF THESE ADDITIONAL HIRES ARE? AND WILL THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM BE REMOVED?

Advertisement
defensive side of the ball in the coming days according to an AP source. Though I would caution that all hires (multiple) may not be for on-field positions, at least a couple of them will be. So at minimum we should be adding a quality DL coach (more of a technician I presume) to the T-Rob hire. Not bad for a worst case scenario. And one more on -field coach. Will the DL coach also be a coordinator? Does he call plays, or does CMD handle that responsibility? Is it odd to hire a CB coach before a defensive coordinator? Or are all the ducks in a row, simply needing to be "finalized"? DO WE KNOW WHO ANY OF THESE ADDITIONAL HIRES ARE? AND WILL THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM BE REMOVED?
Probably just adding a DL coach. Hopefully a LB coach is added as well. I know we have to replace the two Banda took with him. We replaced Rumph and Banda wit TRob. So we have an additional spot available.

Advertisement
I mean, we have possibly three on-field hires to make to replace Rumph, Banda and Stroud and that doesn't take into consideration if we move Patke and Baker to other positions. Also, supposedly Banda is taking a few guys with him to Utah State, so we need to replace them.

T-Rob as defensive backs coach opens up a lot of things. Would like to see a dedicated LB coach you give the Co-DC title with perhaps. Move Patke to Special Teams Only.

Advertisement
I do think hiring a DB coach before a coordinator was odd and not the traditional way you do things. But I kinda like it it’s different and it’s more intriguing to see who they are gonna pair T-Rob up with. Bringing in Simpson just makes sense he produce when he was here and recruited and have relationships with a majority of the linemen.

Advertisement
The term is sauce. Why can't board porsters never learn?

I do think hiring a DB coach before a coordinator was odd and not the traditional way you do things. But I kinda like it it’s different and it’s more intriguing to see who they are gonna pair T-Rob up with. Bringing in Simpson just makes sense he produce when he was here and recruited and have relationships with a majority of the linemen.
I'd welcome Simpson back.

I mean, we have possibly three on-field hires to make to replace Rumph, Banda and Stroud and that doesn't take into consideration if we move Patke and Baker to other positions. Also, supposedly Banda is taking a few guys with him to Utah State, so we need to replace them.

T-Rob as defensive backs coach opens up a lot of things. Would like to see a dedicated LB coach you give the Co-DC title with perhaps. Move Patke to Special Teams Only.
We need a real DC. Manny cannot be calling plays. Hoping he's learned that the head coach job is a real job and the coordinator is a real job, and he can't do both.

Advertisement
For the sake of some on-going douche-baggery in this thread..I made no claim to be an INSIDER. I said, and READING COMPREHENSION is a pre-requisite, that MULTIPLE HIRES WOULD BE MADE ACCORDING TO AN AP SOURCE. Yes it was Tim Reynolds' source. I did not cite TR, but did mention the AP SOURCE.

For the sake of some on-going douche-baggery in this thread..I made no claim to be an INSIDER. I said, and READING COMPREHENSION is a pre-requisite, that MULTIPLE HIRES WOULD BE MADE ACCORDING TO AN AP SOURCE. Yes it was Tim Reynolds' source. I did not cite TR, but did mention the AP SOURCE.

I mean, the Tweet you are commenting on was itself posted on the TRob thread about two hours ago (Here). You started a new thread over this well after it was already posted on the board and being discussed. While I can appreciate your opinion that this deserved it's own thread (notwithstanding my disagreement with the last two hyperbolic sentences of your OP), I am certain you can understand how this may look to other posters on the board.

My advice is pay attention to what the known insiders are posting in those threads. You'll learn more and draw less ire.

Advertisement
Back