Mullen's Risk

RVACane

Maude•Gone•Rogue
Maude
Is Mullen on the verge of losing his job at Mississippi State or does he really want to be at UM... or both??? The reason I ask is that he apparently has taken a huge gamble in interviewing for the UM job. If he doesn't get it, he returns to work weakened, especially with his employer, staff and especially with a number of recruits who I would think would lose confidence in him being there for the long-term.

I'm sure he'll pull a Golden and act like it never happened just as AG did with Penn State but it still seems that he took a big risk in interviewing for the job... assuming that he did, in fact, interview. Is it possible that he was the silent pick over the past month and Richt's firing threw a wrench in it???

Advertisement
We wanted him 5 years ago but we low balled him and offered him less then what he was making so we ended up with Golden

Advertisement
We wanted him 5 years ago but we low balled him and offered him less then what he was making so we ended up with Golden

Unfortunately, we got what we paid for.

Naw, man.

We got screwed. Golden was worth about $200/wk.
I can't argue with that... He really was an awful game coach. No adjustments, a horrendous defensive scheme that he wouldn't go away from and the thing that drives me crazy... That annoying "check with me on the sidelines" offense.

Unfortunately, we got what we paid for.

Naw, man.

We got screwed. Golden was worth about $200/wk.
I can't argue with that... He really was an awful game coach. No adjustments, a horrendous defensive scheme that he wouldn't go away from and the thing that drives me crazy... That annoying "check with me on the sidelines" offense.

The check with sidelines offense is all James Coley, we did not do that when Fisch was OC.

No we didn't.

At the time, Mullen was making $1.2M at MSU, Golden's contract was in the neighborhood of $2.2M.

The reason we didn't want Him then ("He acts like He invented the game" according to a BOT member), is the same reason we don't want Him now ("He's too brash").

Advertisement

No we didn't.

At the time, Mullen was making $1.2M at MSU, Golden's contract was in the neighborhood of $2.2M.

The reason we didn't want Him then ("He acts like He invented the game" according to a BOT member), is the same reason we don't want Him now ("He's too brash").

Well he can be brass, he is a 5th place coach
he has beaten well nobody

People rave about Mullen's season last year. Auburn is the only team MSU beat that was ranked at the end of the season. The other three ranked teams were losses.

Advertisement
It blows my mind how unlucky we got with the recent staff: Goldens stubbornness to not consider gameplan ing and coaching staff changes, Coleys inexperience and idiotic play calling and Doritos ***** defensive schemes. We had the triple threat of coaching

Advertisement
It blows my mind how unlucky we got with the recent staff: Goldens stubbornness to not consider gameplan ing and coaching staff changes, Coleys inexperience and idiotic play calling and Doritos **** defensive schemes. We had the triple threat of coaching
I blame Golden for the horrid defensive schemes. His boy Dorito was running what his buddy Golden wanted. That someone could sit and watch the horrible results of their scheme, year in and year out, and insist that the scheme isn't a problem is mind-blowing and insanity.

Some of you guys are clueless. They were actually the #1 team in he country at one point last year. That program is about the equivalent of Wake Forest historically.

Advertisement
Back