Mullen comes and then our qb is?

I think he could adapt the offense to fit his talent. He's never really had the quality of talent at the rb position we have now. I think he realizes that Brad is a stud and he could build a short term offense around him. I know that's a lot of hopes and promises, but he's always been a sharp offensive mind. I think he'd be worth the shot. He's made Miss St. into a top 25 team the past three seasons. All while playing in the SEC west. Not the feeble ACC Coastal. He's a proven upgrade over our last two coaches.

hes finished better than 4th place once?
lets not act like he has them rolling

what is he going to do about defense
what kind of staff?
Where would Miami have been under Golden or Shannon in the same division? Its easy to say he hasn't done anything, but the division he coaches in has won or played in 5 of last 6 title games. And two teams made the title game in 2012 from their division. Compared to Miami's schedule? I mean our toughest streches are against FSU, Va Tech and possibly GA Tech. I think he'd be a great hire. The defense and the staff could be good. His defenses have never been dominant, but he hasn't the athletes Miami has down here. It's hard to argue how an offensive coach would fix a defense, as long as he hires a competent DC, it'll work out. Look at UNC. I just think saying his best year came in down year for the division in college football holds no merit.

again average
if you want average better than our last 2 guys there are 100 average coaches
Mullen being one of the better average guys

we need a winner not MR 5TH PLACE
No one has ever won at Mississippi State. No one, Dan Mullen took them to their first ever No. 1 ranking. Has them consistently in or around the top 25, all while playing Bama, Auburn and LSU. Every year. Take him and put him against Duke, Va Tech and UNC and he'll win. I mean he beat LSU and Auburn last year, before their seasons had lost meaning. Bama only won by 5 at home. I'm sorry but he is a major upgrade. Major.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back