Muddy B & The Squad

gambino97

Recruit
It will probably get lost in the shuffle of the DL and Shaq's individual performance , but being at the game, two things stood out for me:

a) Muddy has his best game of the season by far. Dude was left on an island against Terry for 90% of the game and completely out-physicaled this bum. I mean, if you paid attention to it, he completely took him out of the game mentally. It got so bad for buddy, at one point in the 3rd qtr, you saw Dugans, basically begging for him to keep his head in the game :p:p.

b) The secondary played a great overall game especially from the communication stand point. There were no coverage busts which is amazing considering all of the trickeration Briles relies on in his offense. Hats off to the Secondary... DJ Ivey's growth man....Sheesh

Advertisement
Either Manny finally took COMPLETE control of the sticks for this game, or Blake finally understands this aint La Tech...

Advertisement
It will probably get lost in the shuffle of the DL and Shaq's individual performance , but being at the game, two things stood out for me:

a) Muddy has his best game of the season by far. Dude was left on an island against Terry for 90% of the game and completely out-physicaled this bum. I mean, if you paid attention to it, he completely took him out of the game mentally. It got so bad for buddy, at one point in the 3rd qtr, you saw Dugans, basically begging for him to keep his head in the game :p:p.

b) The secondary played a great overall game especially from the communication stand point. There were no coverage busts which is amazing considering all of the trickeration Briles relies on in his offense. Hats off to the Secondary... DJ Ivey's growth man....Sheesh

Good point regarding the trick plays; I can remember at least 3 reverses where they looked to pass and everything was covered up down field

Advertisement

I was there too and it was beautiful. Their longest play was 20 yards. Hornibrook had zero time to throw so dl helped cover for secondary which is how it should be.

Manny lit a fire under Blake's *** but since then its been all Blake. Manny does not call defense and never has this year

See, this is the kind of stuff that goes on in the background that makes me really want to think and believe that Manny can get it done here. Seems like a brilliant move by Manny. Hopefully Blake continues down this path because the defense has been lights out the past 2 weeks.

I think the play that got Willy fired was the play where all the lineman tried to cutblock and Rousseau and someone else ran free and killed hornibrook. The QB was dead and all the lineman were laying on the ground. It was actually kind of sad.

Good point regarding the trick plays; I can remember at least 3 reverses where they looked to pass and everything was covered up down field

Agreed. If they pop just one of those on us it could’ve been a different game. Great discipline (and lots of help from the Dline) all game long.

Advertisement
This and Asante Samuel getting smoked a couple times were some of the more enjoyable parts of the game for me. Oh, and Lucas looking like the bum he is against GR.

Hmmmm..I wonder who gets the credit for the secondary play? Should we say Mark Stoops because of course many posters on here think Rumph and Banda are too bum a$$ coaches who shouldn't even be coaching at any level let alone for UM. Smh.

Props to the OP. Great assessment of the Terry/Bandy matchup. Terry just couldnt believe the pitbull that he was going up against for 60 min and who wouldnt back down to his cheap shots and fake tough guy act. Bandy wasnt falling for it. He knew he had nothing but bytch in him. Secondary played LIGHTS OUT. Dugans and Rumph went head to head and Rumph aint his lunch. Dugans is going to be in the unemployment line again once FSU gets a new HC and he cleans house.

Briles might not even have a job. That offense is horrible. If it wasn't for dumb a$$ trick plays they wouldn't have even had 100 yards of offense!

Manny lit a fire under Blake's *** but since then its been all Blake. Manny does not call defense and never has this year

Correct. Blake is calling the D. I do like some of the wrinkles Blake has brought in. I am hopeful the Manny/Blake combo can continue to improve.

Advertisement

I agree, but Bandy has played great all year besides the NC game. He also played amazing against UF we just lost the game so it was overlooked

I just need these boys to finish up strong. We are gonna be banged up going into this Louisville game and cannot afford to take them lightly. Go out, shut down their RB (who is pretty good himself) and lets keep this train ROLLING!

Scary Terry...LMAO. Here is the funny thing watching it live. He tried several times to get Muddy into a fight or draw a flag and it never worked. When Bandy got hurt, he stood over him and taunted him for a brief moment. Of course no call from the ref...Ivey comes over and continues to shut him down for a series or two and even forces an INT..... Terry was never a factor in the game after that point.

Advertisement
Back