Much Needed

View as article
This win against Clemson means a whooooole lot more than the losses to Ga Tech and UNC in my opinion.

The ACC is based around Clemson and are a name brand like aTm and beating them will reflect more when it comes to recruiting than either of the losses.

The Tech loss can be written off as pure stupidity and the UNC loss to the fact that we are just rebuilding( so come be a part of it) and got beat by a top QB ( (even though with a couple adjustments we probably don’t lose) but beating the top dog of the conference for so many years will ring bigger in the minds of the CFB world and also recruits again in my humble opinion.

We now just need to finish strong and if we don’t beat FSU at least don’t get ***** slapped like last year on what I’m sure will be a prime time game.

Advertisement
If you look at the 4th quarter alone Miam was dominant. That 4th quarter alone shows you the potential of this team. Was the game pretty, by no means was it. Is the Clemson the same team and program it was over the past decade, no it is not. But this is a huge win for this program. If this team plays like it did in the 4th quarter last night, then they can beat any team left on the schedule. Does this program need to clean some things up, for sure. What I did see was not as many unintelligent decisions as we have seen the first 6 games of the season. With what have seen over the past two decades was a program that would have found a way to lose that game last night, but that did not occur last night. This program bared down and found a way to win. Hopefully this is a stepping stone for the program, but we will see this upcoming weekend.

Advertisement
This win against Clemson means a whooooole lot more than the losses to Ga Tech and UNC in my opinion.

The ACC is based around Clemson and are a name brand like aTm and beating them will reflect more when it comes to recruiting than either of the losses.

The Tech loss can be written off as pure stupidity and the UNC loss to the fact that we are just rebuilding( so come be a part of it) and got beat by a top QB ( (even though with a couple adjustments we probably don’t lose) but beating the top dog of the conference for so many years will ring bigger in the minds of the CFB world and also recruits again in my humble opinion.

We now just need to finish strong and if we don’t beat FSU at least don’t get ***** slapped like last year on what I’m sure will be a prime time game.

Emory had a couple of throws in the 4th quarter where Im like, 'OHHHH, OK, I see something, here." It will be interesting to see how Cristobal handles the QB situation this week vs UVA

You my friend are spot on in your analysis. Arnold Schwarzenegger type steroid shot in the arm in our program. This win is a big deal, cannot say that enough. Not only the W but how our guys did it. Down 17-7 with a freshman QB not throwing the ball beyond 5 yards up the field and our guys frickin pulled it off.

This is the win that 2024 recruits can say, “hey I can win with these guys, they’ve got major grit and fight in them, all they need is me to go next level”.

Something about this win - not the score - not the one-man show - but this GAME - reminds me of what I felt like when we beat UCLA - 1998.

It was like the fuse that had fizzled out so many times - finally took off and lit us up!

Seemed like the first time in - at the time, forever - the whole team came to play - for the team - for each other - and we worked like fingers on a hand - no real thinking.

Something about this win - not the score - not the one-man show - but this GAME - reminds me of what I felt like when we beat UCLA - 1998.

It was like the fuse that had fizzled out so many times - finally took off and lit us up!

Seemed like the first time in - at the time, forever - the whole team came to play - for the team - for each other - and we worked like fingers on a hand - no real thinking.

the key is now to win every game where UM is favored by -- that's something they haven't done in awhile. Just win the ones you're supposed to. That's the mark of a real good program. So UVA and NCState have to be wins before you go up to Tally

That's what is so excruciating about the Gatech loss. But now it's time to move forward and see if this program can truly mature and keep building...

Advertisement
At one point I looked up in the 1st half and Clemson had double the time of possession we did.

That's a wild flip.

we really did body punch them late in that game. Our play-calling was frustrating, I can't lie. I though after awhile we'd throw a fake WR screen, with the blocker than running a wheel route. That's a concept thats been run a lot in recent years with teams that run a lot of screens

Emory had a couple of throws in the 4th quarter where Im like, 'OHHHH, OK, I see something, here." It will be interesting to see how Cristobal handles the QB situation this week vs UVA
A lot of those early throws outside on timing routes gave me initial concern but the throw over the middle to Colbie in the 4th was accuracy and timing that started to show me a little more of who he can be. I loved what I saw in the 4th.

A lot of those early throws outside on timing routes gave me initial concern but the throw over the middle to Colbie in the 4th was accuracy and timing that started to show me a little more of who he can be. I loved what I saw in the 4th.

yeah, he had to settle in for sure. That's why its hard for me to be overly critcal of the game plan/play-calling in this game. I do look forward to seeing him as the offense is expanded for him moving forward in his career. I thought the last quarter-and-half he made some solid decisions with the football.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back