Moving on… short term goal…

Advertisement
If we are 7-1, I'll be shocked and happy. Lots of bright spots but that WR room with only 6 kids needs some help. Will they move Skinner or Brantley? Both are likely as fast as Redding and more physical than any kid at WR. I also want to see 37 + 22 on the field, especially in the red zone.

If we are 7-1, I'll be shocked and happy. Lots of bright spots but that WR room with only 6 kids needs some help. Will they move Skinner or Brantley? Both are likely as fast as Redding and more physical than any kid at WR. I also want to see 37 + 22 on the field, especially in the red zone.
People were complaining about 3 TE sets but I’m sorry I think they might be the best option we have THIS season to get the passing game going and start helping the redzone

Mallory
Arroyo
Skinner

I'd be disappointed if they're not 7-1, based on what the other teams have been doing. The OL/DL are playing well. They have to get WRs/QB on the same page. It's been beaten to death, but Gattis is responsible for most of what is wrong right now and he needs to fix it.

Brantley was a HS WR. He is 6'2 225lbs. Skinner is 6'5 210lbs. Both run as fast as Redding so they become tougher match-ups for the defenses IF they can block better than Redding and have any highpoint skills for the red zone. While people would say we are running 3 TE sets if those two stepped on the field, I would disagree.

Skinner, Brantley, Young, and Redding all are similar speeds. Skinner and Brantley just happen to be BIGGER kids and better fit the skills this team need right now: blocking downfield, blocking for screen plays, and being a mismatch against smaller CBs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back