Off-Topic Movie (blu ray) suggestions

Looking for some good movies that released over last 6-7 years.

Watched Old Henry the other night and I loved it.

The Last Duel will be next one I watch.

Advertisement
2014:

A Most Wanted Man. Philip Seymour Hoffman was one of my favorite actors (RIP) he has the widest range of anyone and this is a movie I would recommend

Nightcrawler. Jake Gyllenhaal does a good job in this movie

If you're into WWII or war movies in general "Fury" was really entertaining and has a killer cast.

John Wick. In my opinion one of the best action movie series in recent memory. The story is not the draw here, it's definitely the action and pacing that make these 3 movies fun as ****.

2015:

The Martian. Matt Damon has a lot of hits in his catalog and this is while not his best, it is up there and I enjoyed it.

I have been meaning to watching this as well but "Mad Max: Fury Road" is supposed to be really good too.

2016:

If you have kids or are into Pixar movies or both, "Zootopia" is another really good Pixar release.

I would highly recommend "The Nice Guys" Ryan Gosling is actually a great actor and is pretty funny. Russell Crowe co-stars in this and I think this was probably one of my favorite movies in 2016

Deadpool is great, I enjoy most of the movies with Ryan Reynolds as I think he is funny and his style of humor fits mine well.

Hacksaw Ridge is another WWII movie that while super gory is definitely another movie I thoroughly enjoyed.

2017:

Baby Driver. Kevin Spacey I think is a good actor and it shows in this movie. He plays a great villain.

Get Out is one of the best movies in recent memory. Jordan Peele showed he can write his *** off, direct and produce well as well.

2018:

Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse is the only movie that sticks out to me for this year but it was a great movie.

2019:

Knives Out. Go watch this movie please. I doubt you will be disappointed.

2020-21:

Really drawing a blank here. I think the lockdown put a hold on movie and I don't remember anything that stuck out here.

2014:

A Most Wanted Man. Philip Seymour Hoffman was one of my favorite actors (RIP) he has the widest range of anyone and this is a movie I would recommend

Nightcrawler. Jake Gyllenhaal does a good job in this movie

If you're into WWII or war movies in general "Fury" was really entertaining and has a killer cast.

John Wick. In my opinion one of the best action movie series in recent memory. The story is not the draw here, it's definitely the action and pacing that make these 3 movies fun as ****.

2015:

The Martian. Matt Damon has a lot of hits in his catalog and this is while not his best, it is up there and I enjoyed it.

I have been meaning to watching this as well but "Mad Max: Fury Road" is supposed to be really good too.

2016:

If you have kids or are into Pixar movies or both, "Zootopia" is another really good Pixar release.

I would highly recommend "The Nice Guys" Ryan Gosling is actually a great actor and is pretty funny. Russell Crowe co-stars in this and I think this was probably one of my favorite movies in 2016

Deadpool is great, I enjoy most of the movies with Ryan Reynolds as I think he is funny and his style of humor fits mine well.

Hacksaw Ridge is another WWII movie that while super gory is definitely another movie I thoroughly enjoyed.

2017:

Baby Driver. Kevin Spacey I think is a good actor and it shows in this movie. He plays a great villain.

Get Out is one of the best movies in recent memory. Jordan Peele showed he can write his *** off, direct and produce well as well.

2018:

Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse is the only movie that sticks out to me for this year but it was a great movie.

2019:

Knives Out. Go watch this movie please. I doubt you will be disappointed.

2020-21:

Really drawing a blank here. I think the lockdown put a hold on movie and I don't remember anything that stuck out here.
Good list, thanks for the recommendations.
Love war movies and westerns. Fury was very good. Sounds like Hacksaw Ridge is right up my alley too.
Have you seen Old Henry? Highly recommend it. I thought it was great.

Never really been into the super hero stuff... but I keep hearing how good this new Spiderman is, has me interested in catching up on the last one or two.

Good list, thanks for the recommendations.
Love war movies and westerns. Fury was very good. Sounds like Hacksaw Ridge is right up my alley too.
Have you seen Old Henry? Highly recommend it. I thought it was great.

Never really been into the super hero stuff... but I keep hearing how good this new Spiderman is, has me interested in catching up on the last one or two.
I haven’t seen Old Henry but I’ll get the bluray and give it a watch. If you like war movies, you will definitely enjoy Hacksaw Ridge.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back