Moves are being made

Chris Stock from 247 was at the men's basketball scrimmage last night. He saw Blake James there and went up to him and asked if he could talk to him about the football program. Blake declined. Stock said he asked him if he was sure he didn't want to make any comment and Blake again declined to say anything.
That's a more telling response than anything he would have said.

Advertisement
Chris Stock from 247 was at the men's basketball scrimmage last night. He saw Blake James there and went up to him and asked if he could talk to him about the football program. Blake declined. Stock said he asked him if he was sure he didn't want to make any comment and Blake again declined to say anything.
We back?

Hiring No Money GIF by INTO ACTION

at this point recruiting is the least of our worries. Just get the **** hires right.
It’s not like this class is setting the world on fire as is. No disrespect to the kids that have committed in any way, just it isn’t what we would consider a strong class based on the rankings.

A good hire would likely solidify many of the commits we have and possibly bring some with him (if he is coming from another big job like let’s just say Oregon). They will also have kids targeted to zero in on as soon as they hit the ground running. For every kid we lose cause of uncertainty or cause they like this staff, we stand to gain one who maybe didn’t gel with this staff or like the direction things are headed.

Bring in a good coach and a good administration. That’s what matters for next season and the future of the program. You can’t be penny wise but pound foolish. Worrying about this year’s recruits and rushing anything through will be nothing short of a long-term disaster.

Advertisement
Yea i didnt say hire anyone, i said can Diaz would be my choice for that reason.....no?

You said getting rid of Diaz now would help recruiting. I think it's a well known secret he is done. Getting rid of him now would not make a difference in my opinion. Recruits that want to come because it is Miami will be there, maybe some might wait to see who we hire.

Whoever the next coach is can use the portal to plug in holes. We have a solid young class already here to build off of.

will ferrell brennan GIF

If you knew the temperature of responses coming from those we have interest in you’d understand why. Can you not see things clearly? CMR fell to us out of chance. Take a look at what we have now and what we had going back to AG as a short term reference and the staffs those guys have and had. He’s not my guy. As a matter of fact he’s below my preferred few. But when your preferred few respond with “eh” along with a host of others, you take the best guy you can get.

Wake up and realize, regardless of what you hear, what this job is at this point right now. All I hear is “well this guy or that guy would be so fulfilled to turn things around”. Yes that’s true to an extent. But these guys see what’s on the field along with what the athletic department has been. A LB corp that shouldn’t be in a lower level group of 5 team. An OL, and I know people don’t want to hear this, that with few exceptions has zero dog and we’re HUGE misses as far as scouting went. And a DL with a piece or two but completely underwhelming.

THIS IS NOT A ONE OR TWO YEAR FIX! I can tell you one of these hot coaching commodities, at least at this point, has been interested in the least. I’d be hesitant as it stands now to trust any that did in fear it’d be another sale job by an underwhelming AG. The feeling is things will change, I’ve said that. But at this moment it’s slim. If it comes down to Chud or some unknown who’s even less qualified than Manny you take your pick, that’s the context I put that in. Don’t like it, don’t like it. I’m telling you that not one of the names mentioned repeatedly on this board as a candidate has been beyond the “eh” response recently.

And last but not least. Anyone who thinks anyone with any decision making ability cares about this board as a whole needs to seek help fast. Especially caring enough to place a mole in order to drop nuggets on the masses. My information is concrete and I stand by it. My opinion is my opinion. Don’t like it, kick rocks on here and micro manage every single word. We’d be light years ahead of where we are now if we had Chud as opposed to Manny and it wouldn’t be nearly the **** show it is now. At the same time I have other preferences moving forward in the search as that’s possible to have.
What’s your definition of “a fix”? Nobody thinks this team is 1 or 2 years away from a championship. On the other hand, Most of us do believe it shouldn’t take long to field a team that plays to its level of talent, maybe even out coaching a sub .500 ACC opponent now and then.

Also… any coach that responds to an inquiry from UM right now w anything other than “meh” is clearly either not a good coach, suffering from dementia, or both.

This administration is a shlt show and the entire world knows it. Except of course for those with dementia.

Advertisement
Could be that Blake has orders not to make any public statements about the FB Program. All signs point to him being gone in a few weeks.

Advertisement
I love the fact it looks like what Miami thinks is the most prudent thing to do is A. not fire Blake after single handedly overseeing the downfall of the 3 most important sports and have him lead the search for a new hire or B. keep Blake around but not let him be involved in the hiring process, leaving him with only one responsibility -- cleaning up after he jacks off in his office.

Both things are maddening and an only at Miami type thing.

Advertisement
Blake & Manny are still running the circus till the end of the season. Alonzo High Smith will not be head of football operations. Any rumor regarding “moves behind the scenes” are false. Those are just smoke screens to appease the fan base.

Advertisement
Back