Moves are being made

1. I’m not Catholic (i.e., the name “reformed”)

2. I’m not a fan of calling someone unintelligent because they merely disagree with you. And that’s what he’s doing. He’s claiming to have inside knowledge, which he hasn’t proven he has, then some disagree with him, so according to the “insider” they are a part of the 50% unintelligent fan base.
If we're being accurate, 50% of any population is below average.

Advertisement
Advertisement
People don't realize...but Butch wanted more $$$ for his staff in 99 & 2000 but to no avail...
Bill O'Brien wanted more resources at Penn State during his short tenure. It was one of the sticking points before he left, one he did not succeed in. The school did begin to pony up when Franklin arrived.

If the school is not committed, it shows. Recruits and other up and coming coaches will know.

I honestly feel bad for whomever is buying into all this hype. If you for one second believe that this administration cares think again. These people are just throwing a bone at you so you fetch it and be quiet. At the end of the day Manny won’t be fired anytime soon and you will have to wait till the end of the season. Everything you hear is just noise and distractions to ease the tension from the fan base. While you keep jerking off your brain doing fantasy coaching searches. The administration is busy leaking these propaganda rumors so they stay two steps ahead of the curb.

Advertisement
Changes will be made. Some of you are unrealistic. If they are canning BJ, how can there be any movement in Diaz when BJ replacement is more than likely gonna have to spear head Diaz replacement. I think they should can Diaz now for recruiting but i see no problem in waiting till later either. We aint winning **** this year. I believe that story Ferman put out about Frenk enlisting business people, if you are gonna invest, how can u move forward with the product Diaz has put on the field? Common sense alone should tell you he is gone.

Thanks for the information. Certainly im struggling with even wanting to go saturday night. I have had two lower level endzone seats for the last decade, and travel to atleast one away game each year. IIf we hire mario ill upgrade to club level next seaspm
He didn't give any information.... he kissed his own *** for a couple paragraphs

Advertisement
Dude I’ve been a fan since the 80’s and I’m in the same boat. I waste too much money and time dealing with this and all I get is frustrated. Why be a fan when the people in control don’t want the program to be great? Because they’re intimidated by being known for football. It’s sad.
Yup. They don't want flamboyant black boys to be the face of the University, even though they were primarily responsible for elevating the []__[] to an international brand.

Back in 2010 after the loss at Virginia, Shannon was told by Hocutt that he wouldn't be retained the following the year. He was allowed to stick around through the regular season because he'd just signed an extension. In Manyul's case there's no valid reason to keep him around after this week unless we beat NC State 58-3.

I’d be more surprised if Freeze or Kiffin landed here than I would be if a donor funded stadium built in the image of the OB plopping down in the middle of the Gables. It ain’t happening.

Don’t get me wrong. The names everyone mentions, with the exception of the ones with a checkered past, will be pursued I have no doubt. I just don’t think it’s going to happen based on where we are. I hope I’m surprised but I just don’t think it’s the case.

As for people bowing out when it comes to attendance, money, and involvement? Yes I do think the prez gets it and yes I do agree if things don’t change it won’t have a chance of coming back. Athletically he’s clueless. He does understand the power of pocketbook and the unnecessary, at least in his mind, pain in the *** and drag the athletic programs have been as a whole. It’s an issue he understands he can’t just continue to disregard.

As for the pluses and minuses of candidates. I disagree as far as it comes to Chud. My athletic career took me through college and a cup of coffee after. That then led into coaching for several years. Since leaving that sphere, which is a very long and underwhelming road, I can say I have continual and great relationships with those I both played and coached with to include two MLB managers. The NFL network of coaches like any other is filled with guys who traveled a long and bitter road with tons of stops. To think that network is not there between the college and pro level is short sighted.

And as for those with the room temperature IQ’s with funny responses. You’re here on this board for a reason. You’re here to occasionally get a nugget or two of information that pans out or that gives hope to the program we all love. I don’t know how this will all shake out but I will say everything related is what is occurring. Does JF get cold feet and keep the status quo? Maybe, but very highly unlikely.

I’m privileged to come from a long line of Canes who years before I was a twinkle in my parents eyes we’re All-Americans in their respective sports while representing this university. It’s dimwits who simply complain, drop a few bucks here and there on some gear or go to a game, and who constantly ***** and complain which makes the optics of this university and its athletics worse. All while having no real solutions to the problems. I highly recommend those who fit this category to find someone with some intelligence and the ability to take a step back to email bomb any and everyone from the prez down and to make financials contingent upon change.
Dave Chappelle Smirk GIF

Advertisement
Changes will be made. Some of you are unrealistic. If they are canning BJ, how can there be any movement in Diaz when BJ replacement is more than likely gonna have to spear head Diaz replacement. I think they should can Diaz now for recruiting but i see no problem in waiting till later either. We aint winning **** this year. I believe that story Ferman put out about Frenk enlisting business people, if you are gonna invest, how can u move forward with the product Diaz has put on the field? Common sense alone should tell you he is gone.

I agree the new guy gets to hire the new coach, but I think it may provide some juice to the program if Manny is fired and they get a players fav. interim coach. At least bring some fun back to it. As others have said, Manny, kids, and staff know he is done. He still has to "act" like he cares because he is still the coach. But I would just fire him after this weekend, go the Larry Scott route and just promote someone, I really do not care if its Trob, Simpson, Rhett, just be interim, breath some life and bring some juice, get the young kids excited again. The seniors and super seniors are gone, they can essentially opt out and start training for the draft or alternative careers because we aint winning **** this year. Then at the end of the year that is fine is BJ is let go, new AD, and do a legit coach search. It seems like the easy call.

at this point recruiting is the least of our worries. Just get the **** hires right.

Back in 2010 after the loss at Virginia, Shannon was told by Hocutt that he wouldn't be retained the following the year. He was allowed to stick around through the regular season because he'd just signed an extension. In Manyul's case there's no valid reason to keep him around after this week unless we beat NC State 58-3.
That is unless we want to save a couple of million dollars by waiting to season end for the buyout. I assume the drop in buyout from all of the conjecture on here is probably $1mm-$2mm should we wait until season’s end. The only reason that kind of money is relevant is if we are trying to raise a sum close to say $17mm to bring some else in (not sure who would have such a large buyout, but I think that specific amount could be attributable to someone).

If this is the case, I believe the best move is to can Blake first which signals to all (including recruits and potential coaches) that Manny’s days are over too. I can’t imagine that we are making a bowl game so his termination should occur sometime around Thanksgiving which should be the end of the football year according to the contract (and he would want to be available then as much as we would want his spot open).

This getting rid of the head of the snake is the best move as it signals the change without having to pay for it by ridding us of Manny first. Only thing is that I would like for Blake to have to man up and fire Manny himself before he is then subsequently fired. It just brings a nice closure for Blake to have to be personally responsible for eliminating the mistake that caused this whole issue in the first place. But the results justify the means and so I think Blake needs to go now so we can be publicly seen as moving on and end any confusion whatsoever.

Chris Stock from 247 was at the men's basketball scrimmage last night. He saw Blake James there and went up to him and asked if he could talk to him about the football program. Blake declined. Stock said he asked him if he was sure he didn't want to make any comment and Blake again declined to say anything.

Advertisement
Back