Moves are being made

The whole point of your response was to poke fun at 2 people and cause division amongst the fanbase...shame on you sir.
Don’t assume. Ask. The poster agrees with the dude who claims to have inside information, therefore he MUST be the 50% who makes up the intelligence portion of the fan base. It’s obvious the “insider” believes those who disagree with him are the problem portion of the fan base. He’s pitting the fan base against each other. He’s using the language that suggests that.

Advertisement
I live in NY. Have had 4 season tickets for the past 5 years. I down-sized to two this season and haven't gotten down to Hard Rock yet. But I give them to other people I know in Miami or recently, donated them to a charity raffle . I, too, will upgrade if this mess gets fixed.
I’ve been debating it the last couple of years but I just couldn’t fund this inept athletic department. Felt like I’d be enabling them. I hope the changes come that allow me to change my view.

The opposite. Manny pushed BJ into a corner about the job. Told him he’s kicking his can down the road unless there’s a close to immediate offer. BJ being the feckless buffoon he is folded like a paper tiger relatively quickly. Yes it happened quick. But understand we’re not talking minutes here. CMR went to bat for Manny. All the moving parts involved in either decision making, rubber stamping, financing, or all three, were of the understanding of the importance of having pieces in place to help Manny along the way. CMR was very specific on that with his blessing, and that’s exactly what it was, when it came to the hire. Should have been a red flag on the immediate deficiencies.

The understanding amongst all involved was the hire was contingent upon these pieces being put in place. A part of that understanding was a very flexible budget for those around him when it came to help and assistants. Once the ink was dry, Manny took his ball, ran to BJ, and bypassed all the understandings and started rewarding his people who we all know are not worthy of competing at the level we expect.

At some point in that chain, relatively early, BJ bypassed his channels and went straight to JF. Hence you have the mess, angst, and betrayal which saturated all levels both inside and out of the organization.

And let me make this very clear. Manny marking himself as DC after the departure of BB was Manny asserting his weight with the feckless incompetents I’ve mentioned. In other words. The guy who needed his hand held is ruling the roost and the feckless wing nuts have just walked in lock step with him. You really cannot make up the dysfunction.
Really appreciate your insight. If you have a moment, can you elaborate on the "pieces in place to help Manny along the way?" What were the "understandings"? Is that in regards to more experienced assistant coaches? Alonzo in a GM type role?

Did Richt have any sort of reaction to Manny going back on that promise of having said pieces in place?

Thanks!

This has always been my theory as well. See my previous post. Richt giving his nod of approval to hire Manny on his way out the door 18 days after Manny took another job is much different than proactively lobbying for Manny prior to resigning.

Or it's the soft data point a nincompoop like Blake James would need to justify a decision he made anyway.

What do you expect him to say?

"I'm not worried about recruiting anymore because I don't plan to be here next season"

Exactly. Manny has to feign some degree of investment so that a mid-major school will scoop him up. It's all cosmetic at this point. If he was completely apathetic or decided to burn it all down in a scorched earth manner, no school would touch him.

Advertisement
The opposite. Manny pushed BJ into a corner about the job. Told him he’s kicking his can down the road unless there’s a close to immediate offer. BJ being the feckless buffoon he is folded like a paper tiger relatively quickly. Yes it happened quick. But understand we’re not talking minutes here. CMR went to bat for Manny. All the moving parts involved in either decision making, rubber stamping, financing, or all three, were of the understanding of the importance of having pieces in place to help Manny along the way. CMR was very specific on that with his blessing, and that’s exactly what it was, when it came to the hire. Should have been a red flag on the immediate deficiencies.

The understanding amongst all involved was the hire was contingent upon these pieces being put in place. A part of that understanding was a very flexible budget for those around him when it came to help and assistants. Once the ink was dry, Manny took his ball, ran to BJ, and bypassed all the understandings and started rewarding his people who we all know are not worthy of competing at the level we expect.

At some point in that chain, relatively early, BJ bypassed his channels and went straight to JF. Hence you have the mess, angst, and betrayal which saturated all levels both inside and out of the organization.

And let me make this very clear. Manny marking himself as DC after the departure of BB was Manny asserting his weight with the feckless incompetents I’ve mentioned. In other words. The guy who needed his hand held is ruling the roost and the feckless wing nuts have just walked in lock step with him. You really cannot make up the dysfunction.
I can totally picture it going down this way. Only solidifies how much of an incompetent and ***** Blake James is. Lol at Diaz putting Blake in the corner, literally or metaphorically, with that midget height and ****** resume. Blake James is the only AD in the world that hires Manny, especially under those circumstances.

Well this devolved pretty quickly like some other threads I’ve seen on here. I stick with my earlier estimate that 50% of you have an IQ above the daily average temperature in San Diego. For those of you who fit in this category I say this. The information provided is unequivocally correct. I realize we’re used to dealing with lots of pessimism due to our experience. Understand BJ is a dead man walking. Better yet he was made aware of it directly. Whether we agree with the path of the exit or not, take solace in the fact it’s actively occurring. That exit includes those he’s formed into his toxic little clique of incompetent and myopic minions who have managed to make our three biggest athletic programs into a joke. I’m not saying he did it alone. But his lack of professionalism above all has led him to where both he and we are right now. Not just incompetence, but a lack of professionalism and decorum such a position commands.

As for Manny. I hope but seriously doubt he’s learned from any of this. I wish no ill will but understand he’s not the likable failure of a football coach I’ve heard described. He isolated and surrounded himself with yes men (including BJ) and disregarded some very thoughtful voices who would have helped him a great deal. Don’t feel bad for the guy, just hope he gets it on the way to his next stop in life.

I said before, my livelihood is not in the slightest dependent upon spreading rumor or providing correct information to others. This isn’t my job, hence I will not directly name my sources as I’d much rather keep the relationships I have. My family lines to this University, both by blood and by marriage, go back to the 1940’s. All-American seasons, team and individual conference championships, Wimbledon appearances, professional contracts, and a host of other accomplishments by us took place on the fields and courts of the University or were the drivers of those future accomplishments. Many of the old guard who take part in this **** show watched my father in law at the OB in the mid to late 70’s which laid the foundation of becoming an NFL alum.

My point is I love this university. I’ve heard some crazy things through the years whether it be while sweating my skin off at the OB or from the luxury of an air conditioned box at Joe Robbie. Most of which I’d be happy to share if you provide the bottle of Willet Family Reserve Single Barrel. With that being said. In the eyes of those that matter this is unequivocally the most pressing time for the athletic program they have seen. Their words, not mine. Even though we all, or at least 50% of us that can form a rational thought can see it for what it is. If you haven’t already I ask you do what you can to make your discontent known. Well thought out correspondence and a complete cut off of finances goes farther than incoherent thought (yes you other 50% on here). Maybe your pockets aren’t as deep as some I’ve referenced or your influence not as large. But understand it does matter and I can assure you without doubt that the key decision makers at the University see it as well when done is mass. I’ll do my best to hop on here when I can and drop any information I get. Fortunately I’m down to my last day of staying at home with my kids due to a contact tracing forced quarantine at their school.

As for the other 50%. Don’t waste your time as you will only hurt the cause with your incoherent mumbling. Stay on this board and continue to taint the fan base and give the administration further reason to disregard you.
Ok William Fakespeare

Without sounding like a **** cause I’m really not trying to, I like you and your posts o have a question for you. I respect you so I want you to answer truthfully or at least to the best of your ability. If you were not cane blooded (and I know you are 100% cane) would you still feel this way about Miami from the outside looking in?
No worries, feelings mutual and its a fair question. As an outsider looking in, Yes I would still find this to be an attractive job as it stands today. Let me explain my reasoning for it. For a college coach I believe all P5 jobs have some level of attraction to them. Now even within P5 we call agree there are programs that are clearly some more attractive than the others. There's usually 3 to 5 teams that are typically more attractive than their fellow conference members, regardless of their current situation or records. In the PAC 12 (USC, UW, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA) Big 10 (OSU, Mich, PSU, WIS, MSU) Big 12 (OK, UT, Baylor (recently), OKST, TCU) SEC (Bama, LSU, UGA, TAMU, AUB, UF) and ACC (Clemson, UM, FSU, VT) plus Notre Dame. Now clearly some of those programs are light years ahead of the other programs but that's still only 26 upper echelon jobs. Lets call it 30 in case I missed some. If you're a good coach and you get offered a job at one of those schools you would be trilled. I would argue it would be a step up for other P5 coaches not on that list, even if they are within the same conference.

In the current state of our program, with our dysfunction and reluctance to spend, I would admit we are towards the bottom of that list. However, if reports are true that we are going to change our ways and spend, then I would put us in the top half. Yet even as it stands today, I would view this as a very attractive opportunity for most coaches. Especially since most coaches are highly competitive, have a huge ego and believe they can overcome most challenges. I'm not saying we are the MOST attractive, are going to outbid everyone, take whoever we want from other P5 teams and turn candidates away. But within the 10-15 candidates that have been mentioned we should attract a couple of them.

I hate FSU and I would put them in our same category. Like ours, their program is a mess but if it word was that Norvell and their AD were getting canned in the very near future, it really pains me to say this next part, but I can objectively say that's an attractive opportunity for most coaches including other P5 coaches. If someone clearly connected to the situation said they back channeled all of their top candidates, received a tepid response and should prepare themselves to get excited about Terry Bowden fixing the program, I would call that a lazy solution (I know Chud is way more qualified but couldn't think of another and to lazy to look. Better analogy may be LSU settling on Adam Gase but they have nowhere near the dysfunction we both have). I hope I answered your question and my apologies for the long response. I may be wrong on this but that's the way I view it.

Advertisement
Bring me the coach who always goes for it on 4th down and always onside kicks 😂
Kevin Kelley, he's at Presbyterian College now which is an FCS school in the non scholarship Pioneer League, shot out Tommy Kennedy!!! He's been struggling but to be fair he didn't start coaching team until early August. Sadly, he's punted a few times this year. In any event, do you know why he always goes for it?

Analytics......

After the Florida game, Chud kept Berlin under center instead of the shotgun. It was Jekyll/Hyde at quarterback and it was incompetency and it costed Miami an opportunity for a national title with a championship defense. He also went brain dead in the Fiesta Bowl. Chud has always been considered the smartest guy in the room. I could care less if that was the case if he had the gravitas behind it, but he does not. If he is the choice, then I like many are done with Miami football. It would be a horrible selection.
The loss to TN in 03 was so ******* ridiculous it ****es me off.

The 03 defense was right there with 91-94. Just thinking about this makes me so mad.

Advertisement
Man, you're insufferable. A little salty for a man of the cloth, no? Unreal.
1. I’m not Catholic (i.e., the name “reformed”)

2. I’m not a fan of calling someone unintelligent because they merely disagree with you. And that’s what he’s doing. He’s claiming to have inside knowledge, which he hasn’t proven he has, then some disagree with him, so according to the “insider” they are a part of the 50% unintelligent fan base.

I, and the board greatly appreciate the insight, as well as the support from you and your family over the years.

As it relates to communication with the powers that be, besides Julio Frenk, which BOT member(s) would you recommend be contacted? Obviously not all are created equal. Some might disregard the comm while others might use it as fuel for change.

Thank you again for the information
Do any of the BOT members carry bear spray?

Advertisement
1. I’m not Catholic (i.e., the name “reformed”)

2. I’m not a fan of calling someone unintelligent because they merely disagree with you. And that’s what he’s doing. He’s claiming to have inside knowledge, which he hasn’t proven he has, then some disagree with him, so according to the “insider” they are a part of the 50% unintelligent fan base.

3. You're a condescending prick and respond to everyone as if they should feel lucky to have you on this board. Very 'reformed' of you.

Advertisement
Back