Moves are being made

Advertisement
Can you help me understand the timing of how this all went down, because it's not making sense to me. Manny was hired by Temple on December 12th. Richt resigned on December 30th. Manny was then re-hired by Blake later that same day. If Richt was advocating for Manny, why did he wait until 18 days after Manny took the Temple job to resign? Are you saying Richt resigned on December 30th and said to Blake "if I were in your shoes, I would forgo a proper coaching search and instead pay Temple a buyout to get Manny back." That just does not make sense to me but maybe I am misunderstanding something.

I gave my theory on that... Richt was waiting to make sure that Diaz was signed, sealed, and delivered to Temple before resigning. Then he gave Diaz an endorsement just because he's a nice guy, thinking there was no chance Miami would be dumb enough to pay Temple more than 4 million for Diaz (some say much higher).

That begs the question, wouldn't anyone be a significant upgrade?
No they would not.

You have to weight the current situation and its issues against continuity of program, and then weigh that against what any of the proposed new coaches and assistants would bring. Manny would be far better than probably several coaches, and would be weighed worse than others.

If the balance comes out to an upgrade, then you make a change.

Can some Alex Jones-type conspiracy theorist just post the rumor that "UM has agreed to part ways with Manny Diaz and Blake James at the end of the season" here so Barry Jackson picks it up and runs with it? Perception is reality. UM isn't going to try and put out the fire and say it isn't true because if it does happen, everyone in the UM admin will look like a bunch of liars. Need to force their hand so they do what needs to be done, instead of dragging this out.

Advertisement
I read Debo’s comments about the LSU job. Not exactly what I’d like to hear if I were a Clemson fan. Almost like, “you’re lucky to have me, Clemson fans.”

Advertisement
No they would not.

You have to weight the current situation and its issues against continuity of program, and then weigh that against what any of the proposed new coaches and assistants would bring. Manny would be far better than probably several coaches, and would be weighed worse than others.

If the balance comes out to an upgrade, then you make a change.
I guess, I'm not sure it is possible to hire anybody worse. If so we will find that guy.

Not complaining, part of a group of people who are fed up and sick of the nonsense and choosing to provide correct information to the rational people who I believe make up about 50% of this board. I’m part of the solution because I’ve made it very clear to those I have associations with, and they are in the same boat, that my financial faucet has been cut off. There’s enough people like myself who not only give to athletics but also to other institutional programs. That’s both directly and through business to university funding which is not only vital to the university, but gets the attention of all when it starts to hit programs other than athletics. It’s a case where the tail wagging the dog is acceptable because it’s the only way to make things happen. Want to grab the attention of someone who the wise doesn’t care? Hit them where it hurts the most until they do care.
I'm on the same page as you.
You assumed that I accused you of complaining and that is not the case.

All this stuff is just mind numbing. We should be following in the way that LSU is handling the head coach situation. They could let it be known that Manny will finish out the year but will not be retained for the 2022 season. It lets all possible coaching hires know we will be looking. It lets any recruit that doesn't like the current play that were displaying on the field know that a new coach will be here and things are changing. Give these kids like Kelley and Stewart something to think about and dont sign during the early signing period.

Personally I think he should have all ready been let go but my guess is they dont want to upset Manny SR. So maybe going this route is a little less of a pill to swallow. Lets Manny go out with his kids and try and make a bowl game with out all the pressure on his back.

Advertisement
UM has agreed to part ways with Manny Diaz and Blake James at the end of the season.
icegif-3902.gif

I did suggest going the LSU route and announcing now. Explained the benefit for transfers and recruiting. Don’t think manny will negotiate, he wants every penny. Might be his last job.
This to me is exactly what they should do. You put it out that he wont be back for the 2022 season. You then grab Dvd and whom ever they feel would stay if the next coach brings them back and have them get out there and recruit the studs that we need. Tell them to not sign early and give the new staff a shot and recruiting them and give them our pitch.

They could let it be known that Manny will finish out the year but will not be retained for the 2022 season

According to @whoopingcane that just happened (just go with it and spread the word *wink wink*. Oh and feel free to say Blake James also isn't getting retained).

Im going to laugh when I see this start trending on Twitter and UM panicking to put out the fire.

Advertisement
I gave my theory on that... Richt was waiting to make sure that Diaz was signed, sealed, and delivered to Temple before resigning. Then he gave Diaz an endorsement just because he's a nice guy, thinking there was no chance Miami would be dumb enough to pay Temple more than 4 million for Diaz (some say much higher).
This has always been my theory as well. See my previous post. Richt giving his nod of approval to hire Manny on his way out the door 18 days after Manny took another job is much different than proactively lobbying for Manny prior to resigning.

This to me is exactly what they should do. You put it out that he wont be back for the 2022 season. You then grab Dvd and whom ever they feel would stay if the next coach brings them back and have them get out there and recruit the studs that we need. Tell them to not sign early and give the new staff a shot and recruiting them and give them our pitch.
This class is done no matter what. Stop worrying about it

Advertisement
Back