Moves are being made

I think that's exactly what is being implied. Manny was allowed to finish out the season with us, correct? As in coach in our bowl game near the end of December so he was still "around" when Richt called it quits.. Once Richt called it quits and we were in search mode, he probably went straight to Flake with the suggestion or when they asked him for his 02.
Yup, and Manny had zero ties or attachments at that point to Temple other than a handshake and some ink. And if you’ve heard what I’ve said that means ZERO to Manny.

Advertisement
I think that's exactly what is being implied. Manny was allowed to finish out the season with us, correct? As in coach in our bowl game near the end of December so he was still "around" when Richt called it quits.. Once Richt called it quits and we were in search mode, he probably went straight to Flake with the suggestion or when they asked him for his 02.
Yes. Richt resigned on a Sunday, right before noon. As the story goes, manny's wife heard that Richt resigned and called him. He was out doing stuff before getting on the plane to Philly

Always love it when the "insiders" emerge and tell us something is coming, but can't tell you when or who. It happens every time a coach is on the hot seat.
And if you read my rebuttal to him you would see I knocked the OP, or at least a large part of his post, as being false (no disrespect to OP)

With all due respect to the guy(s) with inside info, I simply don’t believe there isn’t interest nationally. Maybe that’s what their selling but it’s disingenuous at best IMO. Sounds like what someone would say when they want to justify their choice. Lazy. Cheap. Typical.
Well, if it is your opinion it must be fact.

Advertisement
Yes. Richt resigned on a Sunday, right before noon. As the story goes, manny's wife heard that Richt resigned and called him. He was out doing stuff before getting on the plane to Philly
And just to save CMR getting burned there was no contact I knew of ahead of time where he gave Manny a heads up. There wasn’t a grand plan.

If USc hits a home run and gets The Cincinnati guy it only increases our chances with Cristobal imo.

So freeze is not too damaged to be hired by liberty University?! You’re sitting here trying to tell us that this administration will not go after Hugh freeze because of his past? Liberty University a private evangelical university that was founded by Jerry Falwell Has no problem making that man the head coach of their football program but the university of Miami with everything we’ve been through and everything that goes on in the city and all the shady deals at the board has been accused of having is too good and too high and mighty to hire freeze. This is so ridiculous and ironic that I can’t even anymore
Perhaps you should research the transgressions of Falwell's son and his father while President and Vice President at Liberty. Freeze seems to be a perfect fit, as they like to say on CIS.

It’s truly shocking how just completely inept the admin is. Like no $h!T most coaches want to know who the AD is before they accept a job but yet we had people there thinking we will hire a coach first and then bring in an AD. The lack of common sense there makes it so hard to think this thing ever turns around

Ordained here... whenever I do a service, I always try to get some Star Wars in the message. Always.

Did you read the thread before commenting?
****, even when they read the thread they interpret most things *** backwards 😂

In 2010 we actually did reach out to a bunch of names before settling on Golden. This is how I recall it going down from (good) info at the time:

Patterson - took Kirby's calls but wasn't really interested

Leach - Actually did show up drunk to his interview, or so it seemed. Came across like a lunatic. Told confidants later on he was too nervous and acknowledged he f'd it up. TIFWIW.

Harbaugh - brief conversations and was throwing out astronomical numbers. Didn't seem genuinely interested.

Peterson - Listened but wasn't really interested

Gruden - it's hard to understand where all that hype came from. Yes there were some very initial conversations but they never really went anywhere because he was asking for money for not just him but his brother to be offensive coordinator that would be untenable even by today's standards. Was probably just angling for a number to take with him to other places.

Edsall - Desperately wanted the job and would have done it for peanuts

Chud - Didn't even return phone calls

There are others but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Advertisement
Perhaps you should research the transgressions of Falwell's son and his father while President and Vice President at Liberty. Freeze seems to be a perfect fit, as they like to say on CIS.
Dude I get it. They’re all sleez balls.
But it doesn’t take away my point that uM doesn’t want a football coach that banged some hookers because of image.
Liberty takes in donations from religious people and groups and it obviously didnt bother them at that freeze has a Ho-lodex.
But our bot says no way Jose like anyone GAF.

Dude I get it. They’re all sleez balls.
But it doesn’t take away my point that uM doesn’t want a football coach that banged some hookers because of image.
Liberty takes in donations from religious people and groups and it obviously didnt bother them at that freeze has a Ho-lodex.
But our bot says no way Jose like anyone GAF.
They was the Falwells, it was not a college of cardinals that cleansed him of his sins. Perhaps he was hired to join the toga party.

Exactly. It’s called politics and creating narratives. Its” nobody wants the job” , not incompetence by the administration.
Why would any coach even act like they were interested when all parties that SUPPOSEDLY are going to be canned are still here.These same coaches have seen the same old same old from this program the same way we have so until these changes have “ officially “ been made ( like What LSU did with O.He’s still there but everyone knows he’s gone at seasons end.)why would they put their names out there possibly ****ing off the fans and their bosses at the place they are now.
Make the changes publicly official and the landscape probably changes with who might be interested…jmo

Advertisement
CMR pulled the plug on short notice. Temple was still to play a bowl game after Manny being hired. Due to this Manny was strictly in structure mode. CMR walked a day maybe two after Temple’s season ended. Manny has done ZERO in the way of any official duties. I know for a fact Manny reached out to BJ and cornered him on the position. Yes there was the time crunch but it was inconsequential or should have been to BJ. The blessing by CMR came after the cornering. The contingencies came during the buyout discussion. BJ did not reach out to Manny in a “lazy hire”, instead he made a a nut less decision based on CMR and Manny wanting to be here. True to BJ form, he had his mind made up with people like JF and a few others, including a select member of the BOT, on his side prior to others even having a chance to comprehend.
I still don't understand how James was "cornered". Manny took another job. What leverage did he have with Blake at that point? All Blake had to do was say "sorry, we promised the fans a national search. Good luck at Temple." And as far as Richt's "blessing", it sounds like Richt was just being cordial.
Blake: "Mark, what do you think about hiring Manny?
Richt on his way out the door: "Oh Manny wants the job? Sure, he'd be great."
Blake: "Great. Thanks coach!"

I think we're in agreement that Blake is incompetent. But this still strikes me as a lazy hire. He took the easy way out.

The kids haven't quit on Manny. That was pretty clear last night whether part of the fan base likes it or not. I have no doubt there are "things" happening behind the scenes but unless the team completely collapses, I'd be surprised if any coaching change happens now. It's a game by game situation , IMO. Do I think he survives to return next season? No - and I do think that decision is likely already made; everything about Manny's body language tells me he realizes that. (as well as all the rumors going around about the rest of the staff)
what rumors?

Advertisement
Has anyone wondered the possibility that Zo wouldn’t be this vocal and attached by so many as a possibility of being the AD or football only AD unless he actually knew who the head coach would be?

Seems like a pretty smart guy to be all gung ho and then take the job without having a specific plan.

what rumors?
rumors.jpg

Advertisement
Back