Moves are being made

Advertisement
Personally I would be ecstatic with the hire and so would others. Almost mid conversation I was sent this link on him. Seems like a fantastic guy and coach but just isn’t going to happen.

He is a great guy. I was lucky enough to have the “job” of picking him up from the airport for a coaches clinic and being his host. He was at Boise at the time. Very low key, down to earth guy.

I can only hope Blake has been told he will not be hiring the next coach and to leave Manny untouched for now as they revamp the Athletic Dept.

The only other option is that Blake is giving Manny time as the team hasn't quit, he lost his starting QB and his starting RB but meanwhile Blake is putting together a shortlist

I hope it's the former but if it's the latter UM needs to get a headhunter to perform the search and recommendation. (Really hope and assume it's the first option)

Advertisement
But that shouldn’t be on Manny. He had no experience or business being a first time HC, the same way someone like Chud has no business being a first time HC here in terms of college.

This is all of the fault of the BOT/admin. They paid the Manny $4 million buyout. They hired Shannon, Golden, Manny. It’s been the same game going back to Coker.

So they need to change the game plan. Otherwise, it’s just going to be the same result.

So start being the football program that should’ve been from the jump and make the investment money. To make money, you have to spend the money. It will flow in 50x over if this program can become successful and it doesn’t have to be right away.

It can be 8-4 next year and continue to improve from there.
Agree to an extent. I mentioned previously that we’d all take the job. My issue with Manny is he had the option, and realistically the marching orders, that would have put him in a much better place to succeed. Immaturity, arrogance, and paranoia landed him where he’s at today. For any former military or paramilitary members out there I will say his and BJ’s method of communication and work processes would be like skipping your entire chain of command and discarding those around you who should and ultimately do have a say. There’s little to zero roundtable done and they’ve sought comfort in each other and a few others. They are truly on their own very small island they’ve built.

Agree to an extent. I mentioned previously that we’d all take the job. My issue with Manny is he had the option, and realistically the marching orders, that would have put him in a much better place to succeed. Immaturity, arrogance, and paranoia landed him where he’s at today. For any former military or paramilitary members out there I will say his and BJ’s method of communication and work processes would be like skipping your entire chain of command and discarding those around you who should and ultimately do have a say. There’s little to zero roundtable done and they’ve sought comfort in each other and a few others. They are truly on their own very small island they’ve built.
Zo?

Advertisement
Zo as in why he never materialized was 100% a product of what I’ve mentioned. I’ve heard rebuttals to this and questions as it relates to ER as well. Like anything else they are both their own people and have very different backgrounds. Respectfully my opinion is AH, if the role were actually functional and carried juice from a structure standpoint, would be the far more qualified candidate. That’s zero disrespect to ER. Manny ultimately stomped his feet in regards to AH which tells me AH was the man for the job. My understanding is AH could see through the smoke as well on his end. The position in its current form is the “window dressing” I referenced in an earlier post.

Yesssss! I 100% agree with this. You can see it with certain position groups in the defense.

His way or the highway despite having no HC experience.

Advertisement
Zo as in why he never materialized was 100% a product of what I’ve mentioned. I’ve heard rebuttals to this and questions as it relates to ER as well. Like anything else they are both their own people and have very different backgrounds. Respectfully my opinion is AH, if the role were actually functional and carried juice from a structure standpoint, would be the far more qualified candidate. That’s zero disrespect to ER. Manny ultimately stomped his feet in regards to AH which tells me AH was the man for the job. My understanding is AH could see through the smoke as well on his end. The position in its current form is the “window dressing” I referenced in an earlier post.
Do you think AH is back on the table - listened to that OBB podcast and it seemed like a veiled interview for a position of that type. I know Mario offered him a position at Oregon last year so wonder if we made it a reality if it would help in bringing MC home.

No. We reached out and he was never really interested.

I read somewhere that one of his main decision points is that he had a child who needed a lot of care and he felt it wasn't the right move to make at that time. Maybe he feels different now. I think I brought his name up here a month or so ago as someone who we should reach out just in case he is interested in getting back into coaching. He was getting pushed out at UW, their fans looked at him the way Oregon fans are looking at Mario - a guy who is a good enough coach that he can win big games but also inexplicably loses too many easy games.

Highsmith is a **** good candidate. Like you said, anyone that would threaten Manny was dismissed as an option.

Advertisement
Any traction on AH hoping on board this go around?

I read somewhere that one of his main decision points is that he had a child who needed a lot of care and he felt it wasn't the right move to make at that time. Maybe he feels different now. I think I brought his name up here a month or so ago as someone who we should reach out just in case he is interested in getting back into coaching. He was getting pushed out at UW, their fans looked at him the way Oregon fans are looking at Mario - a guy who is a good enough coach that he can win big games but also inexplicably loses too many easy games.
Yes he had a sick child and the proximity to his treatment was his biggest priority.

Yea the special needs kid was a factor but he was never really interested regardless.

Advertisement
Back