Moves are being made

Advertisement
@jp2344 sorry if you’ve already answered this, but what’s the hold up on firing Manny? Do the people in charge realize that things will continue to rot the longer he stays around? i.e recruiting, team morale, etc.. Firing him now would at least give the players and fans a boost I would think. Just can’t understand why he’s still around is all.
Timing relative to the overhaul that needs to take place in the athletic department. He may force our hand but not ideal. And respectfully, do not concern yourself with the recruiting impact. The need for the right move when available trumps that exponentially. That is quite understood with those who have a say.

Absolutely they should & need to...

But given what we know about how this Board of Trustees operates do you really think they will?

I mean Miami’s problems could’ve been fixed theoretically 15 years ago, but do you know why it wasn’t? Because the money men don’t have the wherewithal nor do they even care to fix it, in their mind everything’s perfectly fine, just keep hiring the nearest former Cane or whoever has some sparse connection to the city of Miami in general & that’ll solve everything.

Whoever that dope is on the BOT that keeps on mentioning former Canes as literally the first names to be presented whenever it’s time for our annual 3/4 year coaching search is more than likely a guy who has more influence in the room than any of us care to accept. I mean, just look at how things have unfolded over the last 17 years, I’m almost certain that due to the fact the majority of those guys have no idea what’s going in athletics let alone even know what a football looks like, they probably just let the goofy Billionaire who can rattle off the most amount of former Canes in the board meeting make all the decisions anyway.

You wanna know why I’m so skeptical of it & can see what’s coming from a mile away, because take a wild ****** guess who the top names that have been trotted out there for our next AD?? That’s right you guessed it, some former Canes lol! And make no mistake about it, the same guy who always offers up these God awful suggestions for the next HC is the same guy who’s campaigning to bring in Zo & Torretta, I won’t be shocked if we start hearing Michael Irvin’s name getting thrown in there...

It will take a miracle from all the Angels in Heaven to pull this potential train wreck of a decision out from the grips of quite possibly the most inept group of stooges with money that college athletics has ever seen. They’re going to fck this thing up because that’s all they know how to do, if you asked one of those f*ck sticks how to solve the city of Miami’s future sea level problem they’d probably say, “Idk, but lets hire Bill Miller & figure something out!”.

I’m sorry I’m probably come off like super whiny *** negative mf’a since I been back lol, but I’m just done with falling for false hope, there’s a Mountain of evidence that points exactly to what’s about to happen, we just have to decide if we’re gonna keep ignoring it for the 18th year in a row...
Posts like this is why you're my guy, LCE.

Appreciate that. I’m fed up and quite frankly am risking some of the communication I receive by releasing it I’m sure. I’m not some spy or some mole I can assure you of that. There will be twists and turns but I can assure you Manny will not be the coach and BJ will be doing business elsewhere in the near future.
Will it happen sooner if they lose the next few games ?

Advertisement
There's a Brazilian expression that translates to "built with spit" and i think it perfectly encapsulates Miami football.
Tom Cruise Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Absolutely they should & need to...

But given what we know about how this Board of Trustees operates do you really think they will?

I mean Miami’s problems could’ve been fixed theoretically 15 years ago, but do you know why it wasn’t? Because the money men don’t have the wherewithal nor do they even care to fix it, in their mind everything’s perfectly fine, just keep hiring the nearest former Cane or whoever has some sparse connection to the city of Miami in general & that’ll solve everything.

Whoever that dope is on the BOT that keeps on mentioning former Canes as literally the first names to be presented whenever it’s time for our annual 3/4 year coaching search is more than likely a guy who has more influence in the room than any of us care to accept. I mean, just look at how things have unfolded over the last 17 years, I’m almost certain that due to the fact the majority of those guys have no idea what’s going in athletics let alone even know what a football looks like, they probably just let the goofy Billionaire who can rattle off the most amount of former Canes in the board meeting make all the decisions anyway.

You wanna know why I’m so skeptical of it & can see what’s coming from a mile away, because take a wild ****** guess who the top names that have been trotted out there for our next AD?? That’s right you guessed it, some former Canes lol! And make no mistake about it, the same guy who always offers up these God awful suggestions for the next HC is the same guy who’s campaigning to bring in Zo & Torretta, I won’t be shocked if we start hearing Michael Irvin’s name getting thrown in there...

It will take a miracle from all the Angels in Heaven to pull this potential train wreck of a decision out from the grips of quite possibly the most inept group of stooges with money that college athletics has ever seen. They’re going to fck this thing up because that’s all they know how to do, if you asked one of those f*ck sticks how to solve the city of Miami’s future sea level problem they’d probably say, “Idk, but lets hire Bill Miller & figure something out!”.

I’m sorry I’m probably come off like super whiny *** negative mf’a since I been back lol, but I’m just done with falling for false hope, there’s a Mountain of evidence that points exactly to what’s about to happen, we just have to decide if we’re gonna keep ignoring it for the 18th year in a row...
Sounds like it’s the same dudes that have been in office for the last 30 years that Billy Corbin is going after. Maybe he should put these BOTS under the microscope as well and I think I have a good idea whom it starts with…….

@jp2344 thank you for your information it is appreciated. You didn't have to, esp. with ppl either taking your words and running away with it or dumb trolls who have nothing better to do but to downplay any info an insider brings us.

My question... and @PIPO may have interest in this as well..... I am on the MC train with a free transfer to the Kiffin express, but seems like a pipedream.
H
Besides Chud (not gonna rag on him like others did in this thread), any other names pop up that mat have caught your eye?
And has the university contacted any NFL/former NFL guys who may have an interest.... like a Doug Pederson?

If you knew the temperature of responses coming from those we have interest in you’d understand why. Can you not see things clearly? CMR fell to us out of chance. Take a look at what we have now and what we had going back to AG as a short term reference and the staffs those guys have and had. He’s not my guy. As a matter of fact he’s below my preferred few. But when your preferred few respond with “eh” along with a host of others, you take the best guy you can get.

Wake up and realize, regardless of what you hear, what this job is at this point right now. All I hear is “well this guy or that guy would be so fulfilled to turn things around”. Yes that’s true to an extent. But these guys see what’s on the field along with what the athletic department has been. A LB corp that shouldn’t be in a lower level group of 5 team. An OL, and I know people don’t want to hear this, that with few exceptions has zero dog and we’re HUGE misses as far as scouting went. And a DL with a piece or two but completely underwhelming.

THIS IS NOT A ONE OR TWO YEAR FIX! I can tell you one of these hot coaching commodities, at least at this point, has been interested in the least. I’d be hesitant as it stands now to trust any that did in fear it’d be another sale job by an underwhelming AG. The feeling is things will change, I’ve said that. But at this moment it’s slim. If it comes down to Chud or some unknown who’s even less qualified than Manny you take your pick, that’s the context I put that in. Don’t like it, don’t like it. I’m telling you that not one of the names mentioned repeatedly on this board as a candidate has been beyond the “eh” response recently.

And last but not least. Anyone who thinks anyone with any decision making ability cares about this board as a whole needs to seek help fast. Especially caring enough to place a mole in order to drop nuggets on the masses. My information is concrete and I stand by it. My opinion is my opinion. Don’t like it, kick rocks on here and micro manage every single word. We’d be light years ahead of where we are now if we had Chud as opposed to Manny and it wouldn’t be nearly the **** show it is now. At the same time I have other preferences moving forward in the search as that’s possible to have.
You are saying nobody at the board cares about booty Gifs???
donald trump no GIF by The Little Hours Movie

Advertisement
@jp2344 thank you for your information it is appreciated. You didn't have to, esp. with ppl either taking your words and running away with it or dumb trolls who have nothing better to do but to downplay any info an insider brings us.

My question... and @PIPO may have interest in this as well..... I am on the MC train with a free transfer to the Kiffin express, but seems like a pipedream.
H
Besides Chud (not gonna rag on him like others did in this thread), any other names pop up that mat have caught your eye?
And has the university contacted any NFL/former NFL guys who may have an interest.... like a Doug Pederson?
Just my opinion, if UM grabs a current NFL guy, it’s gotta be someone that has worked in CFB within the past 3-5 years. Particularly with the recruiting component and building out a staff within the college ranks.

Advertisement

H
The only surprising name that I’ve heard kicked around, and it’s in a negative light in my eyes, is Todd Monken. As for formal university contact there’s been none, just want to make that clear. And when I say kicked around I mean brought up and thankfully dismissed. All the other informal contact has been with names tossed out for the past year or two.

I have no information on whether contact has been made but I know for a fact Bill O’Brien is high on lots of people’s list. I have zero feel on him which I think is the consensus from the group.

A clear take from the periphery. What’s going on now with Manny goes beyond a lack of discipline for the players and the garbage you see on the field. It goes beyond being in over his head or being threatened by putting competent staff and assistants around him.

The big issue right now is not money for a HC, it’s money for his staff. Internally, those who know the game and a successful program, set demands on staff relative to what they had to offer. As we’ve seen Manny stuck with his boys for the most part and they are grossly overpaid as many have not been qualified for the positions they are in. You can take that first portion of this paragraph as another promise broken when Manny signed.

Right now that is one of the major issues being kicked around as a concern, aka, willingness to provide the budget to the next coach. It’s not about the pay for the next HC, it’s about the commitment to financing the staff. So yes, Manny has set us back from where someone who’s not threatened by people who know football being around the HC. If you know anything about what’s been the gripe around this joint for decades you know the last thing we need is reluctance to finance staff which leads to big candidates moving on. You’re wrong.
But that shouldn’t be on Manny. He had no experience or business being a first time HC, the same way someone like Chud has no business being a first time HC here in terms of college.

This is all of the fault of the BOT/admin. They paid the Manny $4 million buyout. They hired Shannon, Golden, Manny. It’s been the same game going back to Coker.

So they need to change the game plan. Otherwise, it’s just going to be the same result.

So start being the football program that should’ve been from the jump and make the investment money. To make money, you have to spend the money. It will flow in 50x over if this program can become successful and it doesn’t have to be right away.

It can be 8-4 next year and continue to improve from there.

I'd take Peterson in a heartbeat. He's a west coast/pacific northwest dude through and through though. Don't know that he's ever left that region of the country.
Will not happen but yes I’d take in a flash. I placed a link to interesting article in one of my replies. Zero chance. Either way great read that was sent to me at the end of the MSU game.

Advertisement
Back