Moves are being made

Advertisement
I won’t bash and I am appreciative of the info shared.

In many instances, when info is shared, you process it and in the end, I always come back to one question? Whom does the leak benefit & why?

In this instance, since the info seems to be similar to what Alex Jones is hearing, I will give it the benefit of the doubt as someone whom is fed up with what is happening like the rest of us until proven otherwise. I don’t see how his info benefits Blake or Manny.

It could perhaps benefit the board & admin in terms of tempering expectations. “We are going to try for Mario but if we fail, we want you to know that we really, really, Weelly, welly tried and he turned us down so we had no choice but to go with X.”

The last part is the one that has to play out & the one that could be the scary part.
Appreciate that. I’m fed up and quite frankly am risking some of the communication I receive by releasing it I’m sure. I’m not some spy or some mole I can assure you of that. There will be twists and turns but I can assure you Manny will not be the coach and BJ will be doing business elsewhere in the near future.

Appreciate that. I’m fed up and quite frankly am risking some of the communication I receive by releasing it I’m sure. I’m not some spy or some mole I can assure you of that. There will be twists and turns but I can assure you Manny will not be the coach and BJ will be doing business elsewhere in the near future.
Why won't they pull the band aid off now? Why did they not do it sooner?

Advertisement
Real quick on the AD discussion...usually, I am not about hiring a "MIAMI GUY" here, but our recent run with these bureaucratic jabrones - Kirby Hocutt, Shawn Eichorst, Blake James have me very much against hiring another one of these guys trying to use Miami to move up the corporate ladder. Hocutt has at least proved to be a decent guy at Texas Tech, but Eichorst and James have both proven to be absolute bums and thats the risk you run with those types of guys.

idk who you get, but you wouldn't have to hard sell me on getting a Miami guy after this 15 year run of paper pushing junk. If you told me Gino Torretta was our AD, I'd gladly take that over some supposed hot shot assistant athletic director of communications or ticket stub hub bum.

Last edited:
I won’t bash and I am appreciative of the info shared.

In many instances, when info is shared, you process it and in the end, I always come back to one question? Whom does the leak benefit & why?

In this instance, since the info seems to be similar to what Alex Jones is hearing, I will give it the benefit of the doubt as someone whom is fed up with what is happening like the rest of us until proven otherwise. I don’t see how his info benefits Blake or Manny.

It could perhaps benefit the board & admin in terms of tempering expectations. “We are going to try for Mario but if we fail, we want you to know that we really, really, Weelly, welly tried and he turned us down so we had no choice but to go with X.”

The last part is the one that has to play out & the one that could be the scary part.
Yeah I agree 100%... I appreciate any inside info anyone is willing to share, that is literally how I found this place and exactly why I stay. Whether it be good news, bad news, clout chasing, intentionally directed, inaccurate, fluid, whatever. I appreciate it all. But you said it perfectly, somewhere down the line, the leak happened to benefit someone.

This one just wreaks of buying time, maybe intentional by the poster, maybe not, but intentional from somewhere.

It comes across like “we are trying our best, but we might be stuck with what we have right now because x, y, z ain’t happening for us. It’s not money, we milked that excuse long enough, it’s just we just can’t really get any top of the list candidates because no one wants to come here.”

A couple HC searches ago, rumor was Chud didn’t want to come back to college because he hated kissing recruit a&$e$. He was a rising star in the NFL and didn’t need to come back to college. Then the Browns derailed his career track (coincidentally) due to their horrendous front office. He got absolutely screwed by the Browns, as did everyone that followed him. It wasn’t on him.

I’d be ok if he came here to resurrect his career, but not if he doesn’t want to recruit. He CANT resurrect his career or lead us back to greatness if he doesn’t want to kiss recruits a$&es. Just isn’t gonna work.

Do what it takes to get Mario.

Advertisement
I'd take him as our O-line coach. He'll whip those boys into shape.
He was a large human. I will always love Zev Lumelski. My comment about Zev was tongue firmly in cheek. I can’t handle the gong show anymore so I am resorting to humor.

As for Chud…. Money always talks but he has kids. His kids have super genes and I know one of them has potential on the frozen pond. Wondering if he would leave the area…. That said, Southern states produce hockey players these days so who the F knows….

Yeah I agree 100%... I appreciate any inside info anyone is willing to share, that is literally how I found this place and exactly why I stay. Whether it be good news, bad news, clout chasing, intentionally directed, inaccurate, fluid, whatever. I appreciate it all. But you said it perfectly, somewhere down the line, the leak happened to benefit someone.

This one just wreaks of buying time, maybe intentional by the poster, maybe not, but intentional from somewhere.

It comes across like “we are trying our best, but we might be stuck with what we have right now because x, y, z ain’t happening for us. It’s not money, we milked that excuse long enough, it’s just we just can’t really get any top of the list candidates because no one wants to come here.”
What an indictment on the University if ‘nobody’ wants this gig. If that doesn’t knock you down a peg or two nothing will.

Advertisement
None of the major religions have religious exemptions for vaccines so proving getting the vaccine went against his religious beliefs will be difficult.

That's not how religious exemptions work. What matters is that you have a sincere held belief that your faith doesn't allow it. For example, when I was a military attorney, after the Avengers movie came out, there was a sudden surge of people claiming to be Heathens (Nordic mythology, Thor, Odin etc) and their beliefs required them to have a beard. I looked up the religions position and their authority figures explicitly stated the norse religion has no beard requirement. Didn't matter. What matters is the people BELIEVED their religion required it. No lawyer was going to step on the landmine of telling them they weren't interpreting their religion correctly. Now what we could do is tell them they were ineligible for certain jobs (they were a lot less excited when they found out they couldn't be MPs anymore since they couldn't wear a gas mask and were getting reassigned to the motor pool.

This program has beaten us down. This thread is proof man
Funny you say that, I was thinking about that earlier. I miss the days when Cane fans got along. Coker hiring started the divide and it hasn't stopped. Canes4ever (sp) sighting made me think about all the old tailgates. From best of times, to worst of times.

My understanding from this thread so far,

Blake James was asked to look for another job and is being given time to do so.

Feelers were sent out for possible HCs and the responses were not positive.

Chud was mentioned by someone on the BOT, not sure if it was for HC or AD, but apparently his name is always brought up. So probably not a serious candidate.

And MC is still the number one option for HC.

Any body got any thing else?

Advertisement
No Way Reaction GIF

That's not how religious exemptions work. What matters is that you have a sincere held belief that your faith doesn't allow it. For example, when I was a military attorney, after the Avengers movie came out, there was a sudden surge of people claiming to be Heathens (Nordic mythology, Thor, Odin etc) and their beliefs required them to have a beard. I looked up the religions position and their authority figures explicitly stated the norse religion has no beard requirement. Didn't matter. What matters is the people BELIEVED their religion required it. No lawyer was going to step on the landmine of telling them they weren't interpreting their religion correctly. Now what we could do is tell them they were ineligible for certain jobs (they were a lot less excited when they found out they couldn't be MPs anymore since they couldn't wear a gas mask and were getting reassigned to the motor pool.
Maybe WZU should have reassigned him to Hydration Analyst, with an appropriate reduction in pay. Or is not a reasonable accomodation?

My understanding from this thread so far,

Blake James was asked to look for another job and is being given time to do so.

Feelers were sent out for possible HCs and the responses were not positive.

Chud was mentioned by someone on the BOT, not sure if it was for HC or AD, but apparently his name is always brought up. So probably not a serious candidate.

And MC is still the number one option for HC.

Any body got any thing else?
About sums it up.

Advertisement
Back