Moves are being made

@OriginalCanesCanesCanes is correct. This message may get lost in the shuffle of endless pages but here goes nothing.

First. OP saying moves being made behind BJ’s back is incorrect, unless you consider the usual informal back room channels being worked as “moves” which I don’t. The animosity and strife between the administration at the university, athletic, and external support levels is sky high. EVERYONE is aware of it and some have had the testicular fortitude to make it known face to face, I can firsthand assure you of that.

Second. I can tell you the foundation of the sales job Blake pulled when it comes to snatching Manny. The sales job went beyond just the closed doors of the prez and members of the board.

First let me say I don’t blame Manny. He was handed the keys to a super car which needed some work but by all accounts was on the mend. It’s not his fault he’s over his head. We’d all take the job as well. The understanding and promise of what was relayed by BJ and others who supported and facilitated the hire was contingent on conditions, first and foremost, the hiring and advising of someone who would walk Manny along in the journey of running the program. Performance will get both Manny and BJ canned yes. However, the failure to follow through with what was just mentioned will ultimately be the downfall. The failure to follow through in that guarantee provided by both of them has rubbed the university admin very wrong, including JF. Especially considering that Manny and BJ didn’t follow through with the promise out of fear of being exposed for who they are, i.e. being way over their heads. Ed was brought in post that promise not being honored as window dressing to cover this. My respect for Ed is beyond words. Again I will say firsthand he was not who those who received that promise had in mind. I’m not saying he’s done nothing, far from it. But the questions being raised on here of “where’s Ed”? “What’s Ed’s role” are completely a product of the window dressing of the position.

Third. I’ve heard varying opinions on JF’s involvement in the athletic department. Those who say he has no concern over the athletic department are both right and wrong. JF’s primary concern is not athletics. I’d argue that’s a good thing so long as the athletic admin knows what they are doing which we know is not the case. My understanding, at least what has been relayed by him, is he has at least listened to the trusted voices who have pressed a need for change. HE DOES want athletics to be successful although that’s not at the top of his list. It has been presented to him that you can have it both ways, but that it can’t be the case with someone like BJ. The massive hurdle now is the external source used to bring in the next AD. Again I will reiterate this conversation is not an unknown to BJ. I referenced him being canned earlier. The canning will not be via formal termination. The canning will be via him moving to another program under a “mutual understanding”. I can tell you BJ puts out the image of a mute, submissive little man. Don’t let that image fool you as he’s as stubborn and immovable as a boulder who’s too inept to realize he belongs anywhere but an athletics department. He’s been a yes man to those who matter in the admin to the point where they will take care of him to secure his ouster.

I understand the doom and gloom around the athletics department as a whole. But get this straight. Manny was not a lazy hire. Manny was a hire made under false pretenses by an absolute buffoon of an AD. The GD hire on my side of the athletic sphere was, and yes it was driven by connections and $. But make no mistake from a resume standpoint GD is light years ahead of Manny whether it ends up working or not.

The old saying of “you as a leader will be judged by who you delegate your authority to” is the primary issue at Miami and it starts from the prez all the way down to Manny who does not have the ability or willingness to place strong and knowledgeable generals around him. As much as I wish JF was not commanding this ship understand HE IS open to and moving toward a change at AD, at least that’s what he’s insinuated. The question now is the timing of such a move.

I’m going to be very careful with how I word this. Yes there has been informal contact with a few who are potential replacements for Manny. The commonality amongst all the temperatures of those contacted is the mess that is the athletic admin. And yes that is part of and most likely the most compelling argument for change pushed to JF and others. Yes it’s taken too long and we don’t like the path taken but based on what I know I will tell you changes are coming beyond just Manny.

Last but not least. I’m not a betting man but I will give my thoughts on who will be our next coach. My thoughts are based again not on feeling but instead what I’ve been told. Some I hope I’m wrong with but reality is reality. Unless his current trajectory of success changes for the worse it will be a very hard pull to lure MC, at least for now. I keep hearing $ as the reason. $ IS NOT the reason as contrary to belief it will be there if and when need be. The thought that MC is destined to land here because of outside variables is foolish. He’s a football guy through and through and he has a very very good thing going at Oregon which treats their athletics like gold. Yes there is intrigue on his part but intrigue will not alone make it happen. Our reputation as a **** show athletic department is not lost on MC and others who have been contacted. Unless you see wholesale changes prior to or right at the end of the season there will not be a chance to get him, even if that chance is slim to begin with.

Obviously Corch O has been mentioned as well. To my understanding there is a 0% chance this happens. The admin is not willing to take on anyone with any sort of past, whether directly involved or not, to lead the football team. I can tell you a former WVU coach has been informally contacted by ultimately someone with no dog in the fight other than being a very large financial donor. Not going to happen either based on some of the issues with past players and reputation. This is one area will JF has ZERO wiggle room for exception.

I do not believe we have any chance with any of the better known group of 5 coaches either. Quite frankly I think this is a good thing based on the AG experiment and some other experiences around football. WE ARE NOT viewed as a premier job and unfortunately it looks as if there will be some big shake ups at premier schools with a much better situation than we have now.

The biggest open door for me based on talk and upside is Chud. The biggest obstacle with him was his experience with the dysfunction in Cleveland and the **** show that is our situation. That being said HE IS there for the taking should we move fast enough. Yes there has been informal contact by many within the program. Again, not by decision makers but instead by influencers. Unlike some his sole goal is not the pro game. We’d be making a massive mistake if we did not lock him down. He checks every single box whether it be the “Miami guy” need or most importantly in my mind a track record of success who hasn’t burned any legitimate bridges by his doing along the way. Being in his early 50’s he’s the perfect combination of success and experience combined with the wiggle room of having another 10 or so years left to be at the top of his game.

Above all I’m holding out hope some of it all of what I’ve heard will happen. My family’s track record with Miami athletics goes back to the 40’s with the many of those years having someone occupying a spot on one team or another. Everything I’ve provided is not based on speculation but instead conversations I’ve had first hand with people I trust. Go Canes and someone please hit the fast forward button in our lives right now.
Great to have some true info.
Thanks

Advertisement
It’s always been that way. Going back to the 40’s when my family first got there. Everything is bull**** politicians, graft, cronyism and essentially a 2nd rate Mickey Mouse Republic dressed up with lipstick.

@423Hurricane
It's not just there. We have a park used to be a trailer park that was awaiting development and during that time, the administrator was pocketing cash from developers paying him to allow them to remove royal palms and replace them with young sabal palms. It turns out it was also a historical battlefield and is now protected. How many artifacts went out in the root balls of those trees?

Chud would be the best of the bad hires. I’m not saying I like him. Quite the contrary.

But, I do like that Chud is already a respected and developed meme template and we can start memeing day 1 with no fall off.
1634590106930.png

Advertisement
After the Florida game, Chud kept Berlin under center instead of the shotgun. It was Jekyll/Hyde at quarterback and it was incompetency and it costed Miami an opportunity for a national title with a championship defense. He also went brain dead in the Fiesta Bowl. Chud has always been considered the smartest guy in the room. I could care less if that was the case if he had the gravitas behind it, but he does not. If he is the choice, then I like many are done with Miami football. It would be a horrible selection.

Last edited:
jp2344 ... Thanks for the input and feedback!

Maybe I missed it but what is the rationale of keeping Diaz as coach?

Why can't we get rid of him now and name an interim coach and at least salvage a handful of games?
jp2344 ... Thanks for the input and feedback!

Maybe I missed it but what is the rationale of keeping Diaz as coach?

Why can't we get rid of him now and name an interim coach and at least salvage a handful of games?
Desirable to have a new AD first is the goal and hope by those who know how this should be done. Whether that happens I don’t know and quite frankly no one else does. That’s the plan.

Advertisement
Desirable to have a new AD first is the goal and hope by those who know how this should be done. Whether that happens I don’t know and quite frankly no one else does. That’s the plan.
Just to be clear, are we actively looking for a new AD, while Blake is still here, and he is looking for another job. 🤦‍♂️ If true, that is ridiculous. They need to announce he is leaving at the end of the year and move forward with the search.

Advertisement
jp

Chud was out of football from 2015-17 and has been nothing more than a consultant to the HC at BC since 1/20. That is a huge gap in being a HC or even an OC. I don't see how anybody can consider him a good candidate for the job.

Plus, he hasn't recruited in forever either. Probably doesn't like recruiting.
Again I get it and don’t disagree. He’s not my guy but he is a guy that as usual, in this unofficial period, is getting kicked around and yes he’s been reached out to. The overwhelming #1 is MC. But, and it’s a huge but, it is not going to happen with the way things are now. It’s not realistic. It’s not going to even have a chance of happening until there’s an overhaul…that would go a long way. Again, I understand that’s the direction. But will it be the right overhaul or half measures and the bs we’ve had for a long time. Either way it’s going to get dirty.

Advertisement
This statement is the most concerning, just Fire him…… smfh

The canning will not be via formal termination. The canning will be via him moving to another program under a “mutual understanding”. I can tell you BJ puts out the image of a mute, submissive little man. Don’t let that image fool you.

Again I get it and don’t disagree. He’s not my guy but he is a guy that as usual, in this unofficial period, is getting kicked around and yes he’s been reached out to. The overwhelming #1 is MC. But, and it’s a huge but, it is not going to happen with the way things are now. It’s not realistic. It’s not going to even have a chance of happening until there’s an overhaul…that would go a long way. Again, I understand that’s the direction. But will it be the right overhaul or half measures and the bs we’ve had for a long time. Either way it’s going to get dirty.
To me it's already dirty

Advertisement
Back