Moves are being made

But he is associated and has 20+ years of experience to boot. Whether you like him or not that is a name that continually pops up in all the conversations, not just here, but with those who are either in the program or are close to it. To somehow think that a guy who played here, coached here, and has coached elsewhere including the nfl and with a clean past wouldn’t be at or near the top of the list is quite foolish in and of itself. I’m going to let it play out in hopes that a right decision is made finally after 20+ years of bad ones.
So you would qualify this as the right decision?

Whoever’s ears you have, please share that this is not one of the best ideas. He’s the way down the line as to what we should be going after. If Chud is the best this program can do, Holy S***!!!

If you boot the AD now, make it public & then the coach, you will get better options to vet & interview.

Advertisement
Coaches would come if they knew Miami was trying , and it wouldn’t have to be crazy money. People know the potential here if you’re worth your salt as a coach / program builder.
Respectfully I think that’s off base. What about a poorly run athletic department (hopefully changing), a checked out university admin, mediocre play year after year, sky high expectations, and a whole host of other issues is appealing? Strip the logos off every helmet and lay pluses and minuses on a sheet of paper and what there is to work with and tell all of us how appealing it is.

But he is associated and has 20+ years of experience to boot. Whether you like him or not that is a name that continually pops up in all the conversations, not just here, but with those who are either in the program or are close to it. To somehow think that a guy who played here, coached here, and has coached elsewhere including the nfl and with a clean past wouldn’t be at or near the top of the list is quite foolish in and of itself. I’m going to let it play out in hopes that a right decision is made finally after 20+ years of bad ones.
No other program wants him , if he wasn’t a former cane Miami wouldn’t have a clue who he was, just like the rest of cfb.

Advertisement
So you would qualify this as the right decision?

Whoever’s ears you have, please share that this is not one of the best ideas. He’s the way down the line as to what we should be going after. If Chud is the best this program can do, Holy S***!!!

If you boot the AD now, make it public & then the coach, you will get better options to vet & interview.
I don’t qualify it as the right decision, I’m qualifying it as someone they will go after whether he’s option 1, 2, or 10. I agree on BJ hitting the bricks first as a sign to who you want to take over the program. Again one of the biggest concerns amongst those people I mentioned is Manny getting the boot and the same dead weight in the athletic department being around. We’d be right back to where we were.

Respectfully I think that’s off base. What about a poorly run athletic department (hopefully changing), a checked out university admin, mediocre play year after year, sky high expectations, and a whole host of other issues is appealing? Strip the logos off every helmet and lay pluses and minuses on a sheet of paper and what there is to work with and tell all of us how appealing it is.
There are enough positives to get someone better than Chud.

Ahhh - that logo - given all of its power by the football team is the key to EVERYTHING!!! We know what the program has become so better to make the change for the better now than never.

You can sell that. We (admin) are aware of the problems. We admit what we have done wrong and this is the plan now moving forward, with this budget, these resources in place & need you (AD & Coach) to take this vision & recreate the empire.

It’s like selling an NFL head coach. Those jobs are open because GM & coach weren’t good enough but they sell the vision. You can sell this vision & making the right choice will not only benefit the program but the entire university, health system, etc.

People in the football community have a lot of respect for Chud. They say is the alpha of all alpha's type and would be a huge hire for us. What are your thoughts on him? Could he be a pleasant surprise should things fall through with Mario?
He will be an option especially if MC is a no go. As I said that will be a monumental pull if they land him and that’s the stark realization. I’ll say too this is not a “bunch of old ***** at the Riv who are providing this. There will be an attempted coup of massive proportions if this wheel doesn’t keep spinning in the same direction, it’s that flammable. Again, I will reiterate, I am not mentioning his name because he’s my guy. Instead I’m passing along the information and according to those involved there’s more traction there than there has been prior to the other awful hires we’ve made.

Advertisement
He will be an option especially if MC is a no go. As I said that will be a monumental pull if they land him and that’s the stark realization. I’ll say too this is not a “bunch of old ***** at the Riv who are providing this. There will be an attempted coup of massive proportions if this wheel doesn’t keep spinning in the same direction, it’s that flammable. Again, I will reiterate, I am not mentioning his name because he’s my guy. Instead I’m passing along the information and according to those involved there’s more traction there than there has been prior to the other awful hires we’ve made.
Complete rebuild if this happens. I don’t see the 2020 & 2021 kids staying and believe he will have an uphill battle recruiting top talent.

Maybe that is what is needed.

Chud wouldn't be my first choice but if he comes in and does the same thing that Herm Edwards has done at ASU, that would at least be a good start. Could be a good springboard for the next guy coming in after Chud is done.

Do we need to increase the pressure on these mongoloids? Obviously not entertaining violence, but…there’s gotta be a way to scare them further without going too far.
A banner saying “Fire Frenk! Fire James! Fire Strawley & Fire Diaz!” I feel gets right to the point on what this program needs. Also would be very embarrassing to the school and all four of those buffoons for their malpractice against this program. And since UM only does something when theyre embarrassed/called out locally/nationally, I think that banner would check all the boxes flying above hard rock this coming Saturday for NC st. Just a little motivation for a like minded individual who wants to step up and do his part To shine the light on the corrupt swamp that is UM.
1634578029425.jpeg

Kirk Herbstreit said what every coach in America knows “Miami doesn’t care “. From
the top down. This has been common knowledge in coaching circles for awhile.

Coaches want leadership and commitment to winning , that’s what matters , next to money. Ive talked to coaches in person and heard enough interviews to know it’s all about the leadership at the school and the willingness to compete. It’s starts at the President , AD on down to the coach. It’s vital.

Any quality coach wants expectations. Real competitors have higher expectations for themselves than any school or fanbase.

Advertisement
No other program wants him , if he wasn’t a former cane Miami wouldn’t have a clue who he was, just like the rest of cfb.
well, he is at BC as an "assistant" to their first time head coach. They seem to be doing ok right now. In fact his role with BC should have been what Manny would have had if BJ had followed through on his promise (based on info in this thread) .

His stints in the NFL as an OC were pretty successful. His offenses were consistently in the top 10. Worked under and with some good coaches like Butch and Norv Turner. I am not sure he wants to be a college HC but did hear rumors about the AD/Football GM role .

Not sure why all the hate for the guy. Maybe not a **** hire like Kiffin but I think he would be a solid HC and without the checkered past some of these other guys being mentioned like Freeze and Kiffin would have. Would not be surprised if he brought Dorsey with him on offense.

If coaches are really looking at the pluses and minuses, one thing that is wrong is saying that Miami fans have a sky high expectation for success. 15 years of watching something as entertaining as a dog taking a **** on your lawn has resulted in most of us adjusting our expectations to simple competence. No one I know expected UM to beat Bama (or Clemson last year). All we wanted was to not get embarrassed. That's the bar now.

If a guy that hasn't been a HC in over a decade and his best attribute for the job is that he has ties to Miami from before the first Iphone was created is a serious candidate then this coup needs should not happen because nothing is being change from leadership perspective. Also as bad as the UM image maybe it's not bad enough that Chud is the only guy taking our calls. Schools with rape, child molestation, NCAA sanctions etc were all able to get better candidates for their jobs than a guy whose working off the field at a 3rd tier P5 football school.

Advertisement
Kirk Herbstreit said what every coach in America knows “Miami doesn’t care “. From
the top down. This has been common knowledge in coaching circles for awhile.

Coaches want leadership and commitment to winning , that’s what matters , next to money. Ive talked to coaches in person and heard enough interviews to know it’s all about the leadership at the school and the willingness to compete. It’s starts at the President , AD on down to the coach. It’s vital.

All that other jazz is what somebody in the Bot would spew.. Any quality coach wants expectations. Real competitors have higher expectations for themselves than any school or fanbase.

Seems like you guys are saying the same thing. I guess we'll see how the rest of 2021 plays out to see if the University truly is committed to winning or if our glory days are really in the past.

There is a complete lack of awareness all over the administration and all over cfb when it comes to Miami.
There is also a complete lack of awareness about what these kids want.

These kids want to be nfl players. Nothing more nothing less.

The university of Miami has proven several times under several coaches that it is the easiest program to resurrect and make a champion. We keep fearing this boogeyman sec because they spend all this money etc etc. And yes that seems like some insurmountable mountain to climb.

But that mountain existed before.
Look at the class that T rob was putting together and it might have included ore or both of Singletary and K Wilson.
That was without us announcing anything except a db coach. It had nothing to do with any facilities or stadium or crowd size.
You get proven coaches in here fast and the recruiting picks up again regardless of the Record right now.

But there is where the problem starts and ends.

We live in an area and in a city crowded with the problem of recruiting for the simple reason that there is just so many good players locally every year.
And every coach that’s worth a **** in America knows that the only thing anyone in the athletic department knows about athletics is that they work in one.
As someone mentioned in here already. Why would Mario Freeze Lane or any coach that’s actually worked at departments that know what a first down, a traveling violation, or a no hitter are want to come work at a school that for over 20 years has failed to take advantage of the ridiculous amount of football talent that has left just the sofla area alone.

It would make sense that any coach would want to come here because of the access to these players. It would literally make their job easier to be here. But the smart ones don’t despite having to only drive around a few hrs each week and amass a ridiculous squad of players.
But smart and knowledge and experienced coaches know that having the player on campus is just the beginning. You need proper support staff for them to succeed. You need the proper staff that can help the coaches prepare for recruiting visits and team meetings. You need the proper staff size and coaches to help scheme as you go in real time so half time isn’t is sht show. A staff that can correct mistakes and relay information to the coaches and players as they happen.

That’s why these “established coaches” aren’t answering the phone.

well, he is at BC as an "assistant" to their first time head coach. They seem to be doing ok right now. In fact his role with BC should have been what Manny would have had if BJ had followed through on his promise (based on info in this thread) .

His stints in the NFL as an OC were pretty successful. His offenses were consistently in the top 10. Worked under and with some good coaches like Butch and Norv Turner. I am not sure he wants to be a college HC but did hear rumors about the AD/Football GM role .

Not sure why all the hate for the guy. Maybe not a **** hire like Kiffin but I think he would be a solid HC and without the checkered past some of these other guys being mentioned like Freeze and Kiffin would have. Would not be surprised if he brought Dorsey with him on offense.
Nobody wants him as a HC. That’s a fact. Only Miami would be interested in this guy.

Here we go... let's bring in another unproven nimph... just because he is a Cane

Advertisement
Back